bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Racism  (Read 5568 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Racism
« on: June 05, 2006, 10:30:12 PM »

Hi Ray,

Do you think racism is something that even God's elect are still struggling with?  Have you had this struggle and if so, how did you overcome it?

Your Sister in Christ,
    Rene'

Dear Rene:
    No, I never really did have a problem with race. I never felt that I was inferior or superior to any other race.  Race has little to do with most prejudices.  Most people have a social problem with the races for various reasons, but usually not strictly for the fact that someone is of a different race.  There are no truly inferior races anywhere on the planet. All races perform about the same under the same circumstances.  It is lack of opportunity, and lack of cultural upbringing, and lack of education, and differences in religion,  etc., etc., that causes one group to dislike another.  I was about twelve years old before I ever saw a person of a different race, and I was out of high school before I ever personally knew someone of a different race. My elementary, middle, and high school were all one race.
    I am glad for that, because I do see people struggle with racism.

Racism is taught, more than it is learned.  Most people don't just LEARN to hate different races.  The are usually TAUGHT to hate them before they are old enough to think for themselves.  The Scriptures know nothing of inferior or superior races in God's sight:

"And has made of ONE BLOOD ALL NATIONS OF MEN for to dwell on all he face of the earth, and has determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; that they should seek the Lord, if happily they might feel after Him, and find Him, though He be not far from every one of us:  for in Him we live,and move and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also HIS OFFSPRING"  (Acts 17:26-28).

If you hate any person of any race, you are hating your own kinfolk and your own family.
    Consider these facts, and your love for all humanity should be to grow.

God be with you,
    Ray
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 07:48:44 PM by hillsbororiver »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.