bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Isaiah 43:10  (Read 4646 times)

musicman

Isaiah 43:10
« on: April 05, 2009, 01:02:27 AM »

Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.

Is this proof that Christ was the God of the OT and was formed by the Father.  After all, it seems to reason that The Ot God was formed but no other God was formed.

judith collier

Re: Isaiah 43:10
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 01:23:13 AM »

Musicman, read John, chap. 1 verse 1. Jesus is the Word of God. Everytime a thunderstorm would happen when I was a child my grandmother would kneel down and say, "and the Word was made flesh and dwelt amongest us." I guess she was terrified of storms. What scared me was the fact that we had to kneel down and call on God just because it was thundering. I thought it was spooky! Especially when a kid hears "and the word was made flesh" Sounded to me like a really scary thing. Judy

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 01:42:15 AM »

verse 11 even says "I am the Lord and beside Me there is no Savior" We know that Jesus is the Savior and He was present in the OT writings such as in Daniel..You know, The 4th man walking in the fiery furnace... There are other places in the OT where it had to be Jesus since "No man hath seen God and lived."

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 07:29:13 AM »

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4472.0.html
Jesus Christ "declares the FATHER" (John 1:18). And reveals the Father to whomever the Son desires (Matt. 11:27). Jesus was revealing the Father to the disciples His whole ministry, but Phillip missed is: (John 14:9-11). Remember when Jesus said, "Before Abraham was, I AM"? (John 8:58). He was also revealing HIMSELF as the God of the Old Testament.

Jesus Christ IS THE GOD OF THE OLD TESTAMENT!
He is THE GOD OF THE BIBLE!
Jesus Christ is the ONLY REVELATION OF GOD THAT WE HAVE.
Even the Holy Spirit we all have comes from God THROUGH Jesus Christ.
Jesus is that Comforter, that Spirit.
Our Saviour and our Brother.
The Son of God.
>
>
Heb 1:1  “God who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers”

What there’s another one.  God spoke unto our fathers?  Who is this God here?  This is Theos, this is the God the Father, this is not Jesus Christ.  In the NT Theos is God the Father, except where it says our God (Theos) and Savior, then it’s talking about Jesus Christ.  But this God here is God the Father.  He spoke unto our fathers?  Who spoke unto our fathers?  Jesus Christ!  Is this a contradiction?  No.  The speaking came out of God, through the Son, because He’s the Spokesman.

You got to get it out of your head that God is the name of Jesus’ Father.  God is not the name of Jesus’ Father.  God is a title that is used even by the pagans.
>
>
Heb 1:2  “has in these last days spoken to us by His Son(God), whom He has appointed heir of all things, by whom also He (who? God) made the worlds;”

Who is the “by whom?”  Jesus Christ.  But who did it?  God.  How?  Through Christ.  So who did it?  They both did it, that’s why it is Elohim.  “In the beginning Elohim…”  God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, created the universe.  It was out of God, through His Son.  Both.  And they are both the One God.  Well why does it introduce, here in chapter 2, that the heaven and the earth was created by Jehovah /Elohim?  Because it’s letting us know who the Son is, for those who have eyes to see and ears to hear and all that.
So Jesus Christ is being introduced to us here.  Why?  Because He’s going to start talking.  To who?  To Adam and then to Eve, you see.  He’s the spokesman and for the next 50 verses or whatever and maybe many more than that, it’s always the Lord God or Jehovah /Elohim.

So let’s do this, this is not scriptural, but I think it will help understand it and remember it.  Let’s do it this way, God is like a title, like family. 
I’m in the Smith family.  I’m the father of my Smith family.  My son (who is no longer with us), but my son Blake is also a Smith, right.  Somebody might say, ‘Where do you belong?’  I belong to the Smith family, Ray Smith is my dad, and I’m a Smith and he’s a Smith.  But I’m not my dad, my dad is older than me and greater than me.  Think about that one for a second.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 08:51:27 AM »

Of God the Father Ray teaches the following from http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8831.0.html

He could not build this universe until He possessed the wisdom to do it.  Before the creation came the master plan and the wisdom to do it.  How did He get that wisdom?  He birthed it!  Under the travail and pain and agony, that He passed on to women to experience a minute little insignificant part of what it is like to bring about children that are going to be in the image of God. 

He travailed with pain and agony, until wisdom was birthed out of Him, so that He could now build the universe.  It says so!  Well you can say, ‘I do n’t see it.’  I don’t care, this wisdom was with Him before the heavens and the earth, it was with Him.  But where did it come from?  He birthed it with great pain, travail and sorrow.
end quote.

The Scriptures reveal further that...

1 Cor 1: 24 But to those who are called, whether Jew or Greek, CHRIST IS  the Power of God and THE WISDOM OF GOD. 30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who OF GOD is made unto us WISDOM, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption.

Arc
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 17 queries.