bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Good Movie  (Read 6534 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Good Movie
« on: April 05, 2009, 08:46:42 AM »

I watched a great film yesterday  The Conscientious Objector.  http://www.desmonddoss.com/

While I was watching I thought I was watching a story on one of the "Elect" of God.  It was miraculous and amazing the way God watched after this man as he served his fellow man, and the faith Mr. Doss displayed in the midst of persecution. 

I was reminded once again that being shown the truths of scripture, studying and becoming full of knowledge does not mean anything.  It is the living of our convictions and letting Christ live and show Himself in us that counts.  These people are scattered through the world and history, and they come from all religious backgrounds and races.

Craig

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Good Movie
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 10:01:49 AM »

I think that the bottom line for anyone in any Religion regardless of intellectual acumen is as Ray teaches:

WE ARE ALL PRODIGAL SONS

You all know the parable. The son of a rich man wanted his inheritance NOW. And so he went into a far country and wasted his inheritance with riotous living—doing what seemed RIGHT in his own eyes. Enjoying life, having a good time. When he was physically and morally broke, he took a job slopping the pigs, and finally eating the slop of the pigs, himself. His selfish, carnal, house built on shifting sands FELL! "And GREAT was the fall thereof."

He had "left his first love" of his Father who obliged him in his "free will" decision to pursue his own happiness. But now, with his face in the watery slop of the pigs, he sees his reflection looking back at him—a BEAST—a man of great sin—a son in the state of spiritual perdition. What will he do?

He said:

"I will arise and go to my Father, and will say unto Him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before Thee, And am no more worthy to be called Thy son: make me as one of Thy hired servants… But the Father said to His servant, Bring forth the best robe [‘…for the fine linen is the righteousness of the saints,' Rev. 19:8], and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand…

…[‘And Pharaoh took off his ring from his hand, and put it upon Joseph’s hand, and arrayed him in vestures of fine linen, and put a gold chain about his neck; And he made him to ride in the second chariot which he had; and they cried before him, Bow the knee and he made him ruler over all the land of Egypt,’ (Gen. 41:42-43). "To him that overcomes will I grant to sit with Me {second chariot from Christ}…" (Rev. 3:21), "And to he that overcomes, and keeps my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations {ALL of them, not just Egypt}]…

…For this my son was [spiritually] DEAD, and is alive again; he was LOST [pollumi—lost, destroyed, vanished] and is found. And they began to be merry" (Luke 15-11-24).
http://bible-truths.com/lake14.html

Bestiality and error is found in every Religion on earth. Knowing who the beast is, is a first step.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 10:06:20 AM by Arcturus »

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 11:07:54 AM »

Craig,
I am very familiar with Desmond Doss. He was a Seventh Day Adventist his story was truly amazing as he served and was awarded the highest honor while serving as a conscientious objector. He proved true to his Lord in that during combat he never carried a weapon as I remember and was there and served in the manner of Jesus! Putting others above himself and not fearing for his own life! Great story for sure!
Kathy :D

EKnight

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 12:39:28 PM »

I added it to my netflix instant queue to watch later.  Even my husband will watch since he is a History nut.

Thanks,

Eileen

charrie

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 07:36:22 PM »

I will be it on my list to watch as well, thanks, Craig!!

Charrie :-*

Ninny

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 08:08:19 PM »

I was thinking about what Craig said in his post

I was reminded once again that being shown the truths of scripture, studying and becoming full of knowledge does not mean anything.  It is the living of our convictions and letting Christ live and show Himself in us that counts.

This is as they say "where the rubber meets the road" this is the most basic truth we hold that to love as Jesus loves we must live like Jesus lived.

Like when the three Hebrews were to be thrown into the fire we must say:  "Should it actually happen, our Eloah in the heavens, Whom we are serving, can deliver us from the glowing, flaming furnace; and from your hand, O king, will He deliver us." Dan 3:17
 "Should He not, be it known to you, O king, that actually your elohim we will not serve, and the golden image that you set up we will not worship." Dan 3:18 CLV

That is a commitment we must make in our mind and heart LONG before we are called on to do the thing we protest against. It is what God plants in us, the desire to please God and serve Him above ANY earthly rule or ruler! I marvel at the matter-of-fact way the Hebrews stated in verse 17 "...from YOUR hand, O king He WILL deliver us!" (Emphasis mine of course!) No matter what the outcome of their ordeal they knew their place in God!! 8) 8) 8)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 04:02:51 PM »

It is a personal favourite of mine, that story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. They did not easily get to exhibit such Godly character at the furnace scene. Prior years of agony and suffering led up to their noble declaration of submission to God and HIS Plan and Sovereignty. 

God produces Godly character in all His Sons and Daughters who must suffer and endure BEFORE they can be revealed as pleasing to Him.  God's Master Plan and Purpose is to distinguish HIS Elect and Godly Characteristics in HIS Chosen Vessels that experience the fire of the furnace of suffering that only HIS Spirit can cause us to endure to emerge in His Image and Godly Character at HIS appointed Time and Pleasure. 

That Image and Godly Character is anathema to the world that despises Christ. As the world hates Christ so too does it hate anyone who is beginning to look like Him. Just check out the number of emails Ray gets that counter, reject, and blindly despise the Word of Truth and the Teacher of that Truth. How many slander, condemn and falsely accuse Ray who exposing evil, refuting heresy and unveiling deception by teaching the TRUTH that contrasts the dark with the Light of Godliness. 

Knowing the Truth may not yet liberate us from our carnality, but knowing the Truth and coming to know the Truth is a path to our freedom from lies and errors of the Babylonian garbage and seductions of deception. That is a very important step in the right direction.

John 8 : 31 So Jesus said to those Jews who had believed in Him If you abide in My Word, hold fast to My teachings, and live in accordance with them, you are truly My disciples. 32. And you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free.

Living in accordance with what we have been taught....well that's the rubber hitting the tar now isn't it?

Arc
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 04:17:23 PM by Arcturus »

Ninny

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 06:19:13 PM »

Yes, Arc! You are right! No one ever wakes up in the morning and says' "hmm, I think I will take a stand for God today!" :D No those traits of character are burned into our being over time, so that when we are called upon to stand we can stand! The "burning" isn't pleasant, but it is necessary for God to refine us and mold our characters.

I remember reading the story of Desmond Doss thinking how young people are so influenced by their peers it amazed me how when he was going through basic training in the Army the other soldiers made fun of him and derided him for his beliefs and you know like, "What kind of soldier doesn't fight? What's the matter are you scared to shoot a gun!?" That would be hard to endure especially when you know the intent of your own heart, I don't know the exact words, but I do know that some of the ones who ridiculed him are the very ones whose lives were saved by him! What a testimony of a life of surrender!

Jesus was so surrendered to His Father that he died to save the very ones who would ridicule, scourge, and kill him not just in that moment but down through the ages! Jesus was Desmond Doss' example, Doss knew he could possibly or probably lose his life to help others but Jesus KNEW what his fight was He knew he was laying down his life! And who could deny the love of a Savior who would go to such lengths to save his enemies??

This is the REAL God! This is the God who saves us all! even those who don't believe he will do it!!  :o
Kathy ;D

aqrinc

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 06:23:25 PM »

Knowing the Truth may not yet liberate us from our carnality, but knowing the Truth and coming to know the Truth is a path to our freedom from lies and errors of the Babylonian garbage and seductions of deception. That is a very important step in the right direction.

John 8 : 31 So Jesus said to those Jews who had believed in Him If you abide in My Word, hold fast to My teachings, and live in accordance with them, you are truly My disciples. 32. And you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free.

Living in accordance with what we have been taught....well that's the rubber hitting the tar now isn't it?

Arc

Arc & Kathy,

You are so right, let me add a little more to expand on your comments.
Bet that will take more than an 11 second prayer to be Saved and set free.

Eph 2: 8-12 (MKJV)
For by grace you are saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God,
not of works, lest anyone should boast.
10  For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them.
11  Therefore remember that you, the nations, in time past were in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12  and that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3849.0.html

Excerpt from: How Hard is Getting Saved? . . . . . . Nashville Conference 2005

You say, Adam and Eve were so happy in the Garden, everything was so nice….as opposed to what? You say, the weather was so warm…as opposed to what? If they were never cold, they didn’t know that they were warm! If they were fed, they would have never experienced hunger…how would you know it’s a good feeling to be fed if you never went hungry?

God created everything that is necessary to take Man, which He did create back in the Garden of Eden, and turn him into the very image of God. This takes a lot of doing. This is not a “snap of the finger”. And this is not a magic formula. And this is not, like Mrs. King would say here, a repeating of the “sinner’s prayer”.

“There is eternal life and there is eternal death. There is a heaven waiting for those born again and there is an eternal hell for those who do not accept Jesus.” (King)

Every little paragraph: lie, lie, lie. The whole entire thing is just all lies.

“Faith in Jesus and personal acceptance of Jesus as Lord and Savior is the only way to heaven.” (King) And I’m going to talk about that in my paper (that’s why I underlined that).

“Christians believe in God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.” (King)

I’ll give anybody ten thousand dollars if you can show me the phrase: “God the Holy Spirit” in the scriptures. I hear it all day long. I hear it on television. “God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit”. Ten thousand dollars waiting for the first person who shows me the phrase, “God the Holy Spirit” in scriptures. There is no such thing.

“A prayer similar to this must be prayed…” (King)

Okay, here comes the “sinner’s prayer”. Doesn’t have to be exact, just similar…this is the gist of what you have to say…Anybody have a second hand on their watch? Okay, when I drop my hand you time me…ready?

“Lord Jesus, I confess that I’m a sinner. I believe Jesus died on the cross and shed his blood for me. Come into my heart and save me, I pray in Jesus’ name, Amen.” (King)

Eleven seconds. Does anybody in their right mind (well maybe I should take that back), does anybody believe that you can be saved in eleven seconds? This is in today’s newspaper; say that eleven second prayer and you’ll be saved.

Alright, the topic of my talk today is: How hard is getting saved?

Well, obviously, not very hard! It can be done in eleven seconds, you just read it from an expert. Eleven seconds and you’re saved. NOT!

I’m going to talk today about what it takes to get saved.

george ;D.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 06:26:23 PM by aqr »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 06:40:04 PM »

Regarding those we see in life WHOEVER THEY ARE who mayOR MAY NOT YET have come to a knowledge of Christ here is something to seriously consider.

FATE OF THE SHUTTLE VICTIMS

Let’s reflect for a moment on the Space Shuttle. It was heart-wrenching to say the least in realizing that there were seven astronauts in that shuttle which we all watched dozens of times from different videos tracking its re-entry. Some of them on board were professed Christians. But for sure one, Col. Ilan Ramon, was a Jew who did not profess Jesus as His Saviour. So when the rubber hits the road, where does Christian doctrine stand on Col. Ramon’s eternal destiny?

Did not all of Israel show extreme remorse over their fallen Son and Hero? Yes they did -- I saw them myself! Did peoples from all around the world show remorse for his death? Yes they did. Did people all over America show remorse and profound sorrow over his death (along with the others, of course)? Yes, we all saw it on national TV. Did you show remorse for this Jewish Astronaut who gave his life in service to his country? I am sure you did. And I can testify to the fact that I certainly did and still do. Regardless of his religious affiliation, was not Col. Ramon a brave, smart, loving, astronaut and family man? Now then, what about God? Does God love Col. Ramon as much as his family, friends and country did? What happens to fine young Jewish men like Col. Ramon when they die without accepting Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour? According to Christian theology, where is Col. Ramon now that he is dead? You will now see some of the reasons why I breathe and why I write these papers.

http://bible-truths.com/lake2.html

"For it is GOD which works in you both TO WILL and TO DO of HIS good pleasure" (Phil. 2:13).

Let me assure you that there is no Scripture in the Bible that states or endorses the message that is parroted millions and millions of times around the world throughout all generations of Christendom, that:

"For it is YOUR OWN FREE WILL (FREE MORAL AGENCY) which works in you both TO WILL and TO DO of HIS good pleasure." (Sorry, but no scriptural reference can be found for this anti-scriptural statement).

http://bible-truths.com/lake10.html

Arc

EKnight

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 09:06:04 PM »

My husband and I watched this movie last night.  While I thought it was a moving documentary and Desmond Doss was true to the ways of Jesus Christ, I felt like the most hypocritical person on the face of the earth.  I sat there thinking to myself that there is no way I could ever pass through that fiery trial unscathed.  No, not a chance. 

I thought I might come here and tell you all that I have given up the fight because I realized how far I would need to go and know I shall never get there.  I am surely not chosen and therefore it seems I am wasting my time trying. I know unbelievers that are closer to living Christ-like lives and I am unfit to tie their shoes. 

I think about Desmond Doss and that is what I want to be and I have always wanted to be better than what I am long before I came to BT.  I'm not sure there are enough years in my life to attain that stature. 

I'm not going to leave here but I am not too hopeful.

Sorry, I didn't mean to turn the goodness of Desmond into my private hell.

Eileen

Ninny

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 10:47:27 PM »

Eileen,
We can look at everyone around us who seems to live better than we do, but guess what someone is looking at US wishing they could be more like us! I once knew a woman that I admired very much she had 3 kids and her life seemed so great. She lived by faith, she depended on God for everything she had. She taught her children so diligently. One day we were eating lunch at church and she sat down next to me and said something that left me completely speechless! She said, "Kathy, I wish I were more like you! You are so humble. Just look at your plate, you have taken only a little of each thing and I eat like a pig!" So funny to me you see, because even though I wasn't a large woman she was just the perfect size!! She never had to be careful of what she ate like I always have! She was a former Tahitian dancer!!

So you know we are where we are by God's design. Who knows when we will be called upon to step up and only God can order our lives. Don't be intimidated by what other people may appear to be just be who you are and let God work out all the rest!
Love you!

Marlene

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2009, 10:56:46 PM »

Eileen , Our hope is not in ourself. Our hope is in what Jesus has done for us. Also, it is him who enables us to accomplish what is needed to qualify. It is good, when we see ourself for who we are. But, God sees who we will be. He knows, when we wish to be better. Could it be that he is trying to teach you patience. I know, he is working on patience with me.

I often want to ask what, spirit is talking to me. Is it the spirit of God or the Devil. I know, since learning truths and having some victories in my life, a Spirit I do not like often comes to me to try and make me feel defeated. I know, that it  is not of God. We are putting our eyes on self and not on what God can achieve in us. This is just how I look at it.  We are where God has decided for us to be in our walk. But, I look at anything I do for Christ as not a waste of my time cause he is doing it through me. That, gives me hope.

Right, before coming in here I felt I had lost all hope. That, is when God led me into Ray's website.

In His Love,
Marlene

EKnight

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2009, 11:21:14 PM »

Kathy and Marlene,

You are both so very right.  I just have the hardest time ever seeing these things and keeping them in my heart.

Eileen

Ninny

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2009, 12:01:59 AM »

Eileen,
That's because we are all as Peter was when he stepped out of the boat in the storm to meet Jesus. We go along fine, (knowing what and who we are) then we take our eyes off the Lord for just a moment and we begin to sink! Our mind plays trick on us! The enemy steps in when our mind wanders off into self-doubt, we start thinking about what WE can do and not what God says HE can do in us! As Marlene said God sees in us who we WILL be. Keep your eyes on Jesus our only hope is in Him!! ;D
Kathy :)

aqrinc

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2009, 01:06:27 AM »

Hi Eileen,

Read the Scripture verses below; then think about how good you need to be to achieve any of the Highlighted passages. Either you believe and trust that The Scriptures are True and Alive and GOD Inspired; or not.

Isa 53: 3-8 (MKJV)
3  He is despised and rejected of men; a Man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as it were a hiding of faces from Him, He being despised, and we esteemed Him not.
4  Surely He has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
But He was wounded for our transgressions; He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was on Him; and with His stripes we ourselves are healed.
All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned, each one to his own way; and Jehovah has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.
7  He was oppressed, and He was afflicted; yet He opened not His mouth. He is brought as a lamb to the slaughter; and as a sheep before its shearers is dumb, so He opened not His mouth.

Rom 3: 10-12 (MKJV)
10  as it is written: "There is none righteous, no not one;
11  there is none that understands, there is none that seeks after God."
12  "They are all gone out of the way, they have together become unprofitable, there is none that does good, no, not one."

george ???.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2009, 02:06:49 AM »

I believe Paul speaks of your grief Eileen.

2 Cor 7 : 8 For even though I did grieve you with my letter (the life of Desmond Doss)  I do not regret it now,  though I did regret it: for I see that  the letter, (that life of Desmond Doss)  did pain you,  though only for a little while: 9. Yet I am glad now, not because you were pained, but because you were pained into repentance for you felt a grief such as God meant you to feel......

In the teaching on Repentance at http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3709.0.html  Ray says quote "When you repent of all the wrong things you have done, YOU HAVE NOT YET REPENTED OF ALL THAT NEEDS TO BE REPENTED OF. (Caps mine)

Repenting of what you DO is half way. Repenting of what you ARE is the other half. Ray says quote "I don't want to scare you but I want you to have a better understanding of just what a human being is."

As Ray teaches us quote "The presence of God coming into your life (THE PRESENCE OF GOD COMING INTO YOUR LIFE EILEEN) will drive out this beast (the carnal mind). And then you 'll begin to understand things that you have never understood before.

Perhaps you have never understood before that you or I or anyone can drive out our beast or overthrow the "man of sin" that sits in each of us before quote Many people have come to know Christ in their senior years, and God does not literally beat every little old lady with whips and rods when they turn to Him. However, the chastening of God’s grace which we read about in Titus 2:11 can certainly seem like a real flogging. God will chasten us until He drives out the beast in us. The beast of supposed "free will" which is really self-will does not want to leave peaceably! It takes the very presence of Jesus Christ to dispel the beast of humanistic self-determinism, commonly called "free will." http://bible-truths.com/lake3.html

It is not up to you to beat yourself up. It is not up to us to drive or defeat our demons and beasts. God is supernaturally abundantly able to save us all and His process includes showing us who we are and how helplessly dependent we are apon Him to do what we can not do. It is the Plan of God to not share His Glory or in anyway tarnish our minds into thinking that we were or are able to do anything that only a Sovereign God can and will do.

God knows the plans He has for ALL of us.

1 Peter 5 : 10 The God of all grace, who imparts all blessing and favour, who has called you (and I an all of us here in BT) to HIS own eternal glory in Christ Jesus, will HIMSELF complete and MAKE YOU( and I and all of us ) what you OUGHT to be, (God knows what we OUGHT to be. He knows the beginning from the end) establish and ground you securely and strengthen and settle you.

We all need God to do what only God can do.

John 6 :29.. the work is to believe....

How can we come to know Eph 3 : 19 ...REALLY COME TO KNOW practically THROUGH EXPERIENCE for myself (ourselves, our griefs) the love of Christ, which far surpasses mere knowledge without experience, that I (we, YOU and us) may be filled through all my being (your being) unto all the fullness OF GOD, may have the richest measure of the divine Presence, and become a body wholly filled and flooded with GOD HIMSELF.

It has to hurt a little....Don't loose heart neither be discouraged.

Arc

Marlene

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2009, 02:40:49 AM »

Eileen, Great Scriptures George and Arc has shown. None of us are good. Just, having my eyes opened and ears to hear showed me just how lost I was. This verse here speaks volumes.

Philippians Chapter 3 verse 21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, ac cording to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Philippians Chapter 1 verse 6 Being confident of this very thing that he which hath begun a good work in you will  perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.
Philippians Chapter 4 verse 19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Jude verse 24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy

This is just a few of the scriptures that uplift me and turn my eyes upon him. Without  him we can do nothing to save ourself.  Just seeing all the truths , that God has shown us through his servant Ray, is an eye opener. Just, think of all the lies we believed.  I do not believe that it is a coincidence we found Ray's website.  I know, for myself I was in great sadness and saw myself as such a failure. I needed truth that night. I pray I will always remember, what God has taken me through. We just need to trust him. The only way we get there is by his blood and the Holy Spirit living in us. It will be that way for all humanity. Hope these scriptures comfort you.

In HIs Love,
Marlene

EKnight

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2009, 07:52:54 PM »

Thanks everyone for you uplifting words.

I was really moved by this movie so I think about it a lot.  My husband has a hard time with the free will thing so whenever I get the chance to show him a circumstance where God clearly is in control I like to point it out.  That was the case with this movie.  I said told him to notice how Desmond Doss obeyed the word of God and God was clearly protecting him while he did God's work.  My husband responded in agreement referencing the Japanese soldier whose rifle jammed every time he had Desmond Doss in his line of fire.  I think he agreed that this was all of God.

Just thought I'd share that slice of good news with you guys.

Eileen
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 19 queries.