bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Not so] Shocking Facts About The Church  (Read 5534 times)

emkayfey

[Not so] Shocking Facts About The Church
« on: April 05, 2009, 09:45:42 AM »

I found the letter below on the internet, it was written in 1966 and the writer died in 1994. Has he discovered some truth about the church then that eludes many others?  it is titled Shocking facts about the church, I put 'not so' because there are far more shocking fact as Ray will always point out, the church's hell doctrine especially, and others.

But you'll agree with me it's amazing that others have recognised the futility of Baptism and other physical practices a while back. (I was baptised twice, because I changed church, what madness!

Thank God for Ray. I still keep asking myself how I believed all that Christianity taught then. And that is the only thing that gives me a sense of understanding of the condition of christians now, if I was sucked in, (even though I thought I was Berea-intelligent, if you know what that means) why not them?

I will point any requestor to this letter, I'm only mindful of posting external links here.

Dear brother Sam Brown,

You may have wondered what happened to me and my letters. Well, I am still alive - even more so, in a sense, than when you last heard from me. Since around last "Christmas" time, a spiritual revolution had been going on inside me. In fact, the entire structure (except the foundation) of my Christian walk has felt the shock wave.

The "break-through" began on Friday afternoon last December. At my place of employment, just before quitting time, I met up with a Christian friend named Jack Hobson. While chatting briefly with him, he mentioned that the church of this present age has not been commanded to observe any physical ordinances. As shocking as it was, I must have been spiritually prepared for this statement. It hit me like a breath of fresh air in a stale room.

Brother Brown, I have been burdened for some time by the lack of spiritual hunger and growth in my Christian brothers, as I want to believe you have also been. In denominationalism, Christians are not of one mind in spiritual matters. There is much church activity for the sake of the program, but how much is Spirit-led, how much of it is being done in the Name of Christ alone, and how much of it is for His glory only? Romans 8:14, Colossians 3:17, 1Corinthians 10:31

I gave up teaching a boy's Sunday School class last fall, thinking that a more personal and home visitation effort would result in "my boys" experiencing a more balanced and richer spiritual life in their home. I thought this would at least match the 40 to 50 minutes of "training" (?) in the Sunday School classroom once a week. After eight years of "teaching" intermediates, I have seen almost no moving into spiritual maturity, by either the pupils or their parents, even though the Lord (seemingly) blessed soul-winning efforts, somewhat. The Christians in denominational churches today are like the Corinthian saints in Paul's day - "Carnal...babes in Christ" - however well-trained and well-versed they are in Churchanity (man-made, artificial, institutionalized religion). See 1Corinthians 3:1-3. One reason: too many "instructors" and not enough "fathers." See 1 Corinthians 4:15. Also Ephesians 6:1-5, 5:21-33. Also John 14:26; 16:13.

Perhaps the spirit will intervene in some of your scheduled activities, as he has in mine, and help you to re-evaluate your structure also. Believe me, Satan is MUCH against such a move. I have felt his "fiery darts," and still do as never before. Our adversary, the devil, does not want us to obey God's divine injunction to "PROVE ALL THINGS; HOLD FAST THAT WHICH IS GOOD." - 1Thessalonians 5:21.

Satan appears to be expending a good deal of his energy and resources helping Christians to build with "wood, hay and stubble" Two of his methods for doing this are particularly impressive and effective: 1. by keeping Christians divided (denominated apart) and 2. by creating an unequal yoke between believers and unbelievers INSIDE these denominational walls.

Incidentally, I am not proselytizing. I accused Jack Hobson, my friend at work, of this for over two years! I can however, say that I am "jealous over" God's people (see 2 Corinthians 11:1 & 2), many of whom are being unmercifully proselyted by institutionalized religion and who are being tragically deceived by "traditions of men". Colossians 2:8.

Among the greatest barriers to Christian unity today are two PHYSICAL ORDINANCES - water baptism and the Lord's supper. And it is all because in this present dispensation we Christians are not given explicit instructions as to how such ordinances are to be observed. Yet we are told in 2 Timothy 3:16 & 17 that "all Scripture is given by inspiration of God... that the man of God may be perfect (mature) THOROUGHLY FURNISHED UNTO ALL GOOD WORKS." Where brother Brown, are GENTILE Christians furnished to observe these ordinances? For years I countenanced these two rites because I did not realize the truth of 2 Timothy 3:16 & 17. For years I did not know that "WHATSOEVER IS NOT OF FAITH IS SIN" and that "FAITH COMETH BY HEARING AND HEARING BY THE WORD OF GOD" and that therefore whatsoever is not authorized by the Word of faith, the Bible, is sin! God calls it sin! See Romans 14:23; 10:17; Galatians 3:11; Hebrews 11:6. Praise God, I know now that I can personally "PROVE ALL THINGS" by the Word of God and "RIGHTLY DIVIDE" this blessed word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15).

As you know, the religious and secular world seriously considers the advantages of (what it chooses to call) "unity." But, isn't it odd that Christians in one denomination consider those in other denominations as being "distant relatives" instead of brothers in Christ - at least in PRACTICE!

Can Christians see alike? With the Holy Spirit as Teacher, how can two brethren see the world differently in things pertaining to their WALK unless one or both are carnal? If the Holy Spirit teaches two or more brethren, will He instruct them to stand up and fight each other (look at the hundreds of splits in the Baptist alone) and to present to a lost and dying world a divided testimony concerning names, programs, creeds, doctrines, membership and practices? Is God, after all, the author of "confusion" or of "peace?" See 1 Corinthians 14:33.

Christ spoke clearly on the need for Christian unity and the believer's like-mindedness on earth. See John 17:21. He inspired His servant Paul to be equally explicit. See Ephesians 4:3-6; 1 Corinthians 1:10-14, Philippians 1:27; 2:1-5; 3:16. We shall be guilty before God and lose rewards if we do not strive for this unity so that "the world might believe" that the Corpus Christi (the body of Christ) is not a freakish mass of confusion. Two of the "seven things" the Lord hates are a "false witness" and "he who soweth discord among brethren." Proverbs 6:16-19. Every Christian is commanded to "avoid them which cause division." See Romans 16:17-18.

I will say at this point, since the first of the year, I have been meeting with a group of Christians who assemble in a rented building in Fort Worth, Texas. We are honestly endeavoring to meet only in the Name and sufficiency of the Lord Jesus Christ, "decently and in order," and "in spirit and in truth," desiring to have "no confidence in the flesh" (Philippians 3:3). These Christians have not voted on, nor hand-picked, an official name with which to identify their Christian work, since each Christian there assuredly knows that the moment a sinner truly accepts Christ as his personal Savior he is added to the one, true church which Christ is building. Matthew 16:18; Acts 2:47. This fact alone eliminates the need for voting Christians into a local membership. "There is one body" - Ephesians 4:4; 1 Corinthians 12:13.

Do you ask if this church has a name? Yes, it does. Christ's church carries the name "which is above every name," the Name of its Head and Builder, the Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 12:12; Philippians 2:9. Therefore, we who are Christians have no need of "an assumed name or alias."

For 35 years I followed what seemed to be sound Bible doctrine, but much of it has proven to be the sound of men's voices only. We have the command to "let God be true, and every man a liar." (Romans 3:4) God's Word MUST be our supreme and final authority for all that is right in spiritual matters. I trust you will be like the Bereans of Acts 17:11. The brethren who I am meeting with WELCOME investigation!

Brother Brown, may God be allowed to help you to follow on in this light. Psalms 143:8; Hosea 6:3; John 17:11.

Sincerely,
Gordon Weatherby

chav

Re: [Not so] Shocking Facts About The Church
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 10:04:12 AM »

For 35 years I followed what seemed to be sound Bible doctrine, but much of it has proven to be the sound of men's voices only

How true

Dave

aqrinc

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 04:43:31 PM »

Yes awakening and giving sight to the blind is What GOD; Through HIS SPIRIT, Has Always Been Doing Since Pentecost. Unfortunately, most of the seed has fallen on stony ground or in thorns. Every revealed Truth since Pentecost has been snatched at and perverted into more doctrines of man. That is not only my words; here is what The Scriptures say:

2Tim 3: 1-17 (KJV)
1  This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2  For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3  Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4  Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5  Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6  For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7  Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8  Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
9  But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.
10  But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
11  Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
12  Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
13  But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
14  But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
15  And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16  All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17  That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

george. :)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 06:51:58 PM »

jacobsladdr,
dude, i was just reading a story on cnn about the guy who the new movie "the soloist" was about. his story parallels that of your cousin. the guy in the movie story line was and is schizophrenic. has your cousin ever sought treatment for his drastic change in behavior? i mean, i just finished reading that article before i came online to the forum and read your response to this thread. i will pray for your cousin's mental condition. you obviously love your cousin, and i hope that if he has not sought treatment that you might speak to your aunt about it. sorry to go off topic on the original thread. very insightful letter by the way emkayfay.

claudia

daywalker

Re: Water Baptism - I had to bite my tongue last night
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 07:46:52 PM »

I have been in the process of moving over the last two weeks.  Last night my cousin and his friend who is a "Born Again" were helping me move some things.  Out of now where he says to my cousin, "you really need to think about getting baptized".  My cousin said I was when I was younger.  The guy says it's no big deal really, it's just water, it doesn't mean any thing.  And I thought WELL, if it doesn't mean anything then why are you doing it?!

I really wanted to say something but it just didn't seem like the right time or place.  I just listened to see if he would try to convert my cousin anymore.  Which he didn't but I've been told he keeps trying to get my cousin to go to his church and I've told my aunt not to let him.  My cousin is very easily influenced and had a psychotic breakdown at 18.  He hung himself because he said that the voices he heard told him to.  This was of course after they told him that he was god and that he had created the universe and it was really just like the Matrix movie, etc.  So my family tries to keep my cousin away from religiously charged information particularly Babylonian churches.  He will read a scripture and come away with such outlandish stuff and say the angels or demons (they tell him which they are at the time) told him the secrets to the universe, etc.

I feel bad cause my cousin and now 22 and this happened when he was 16-17 yrs old.  He was a A student and on the honor roll, etc. then he had this breakdown and he's never been the same. 

Anyway, I know the guy meant well by asking my cousin to join him and I guess you need to go into the church in order to get called out but it's hard to let loved ones go into it when you know it for what it is especially if you think you can provide them with the truth from the beginning and save them all the confusion from the church.

Isn't it amazing how the Truth will just 'slip out' sometimes?  :o

That's a crazy story about your cousin, dude. I'll be sure to pray for him. The best thing you can do for him is to continue to love and be there for him. If God comes up in conversation, for sure, share what you know. There's no reason why God can't open his ears and his heart without sending him into Babylon.

Grace and Peace from God our Father, and Jesus Christ our Lord,

- Daywalker.

daywalker

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 07:48:10 PM »

Great post! I wonder how much Gordon actually discovered about Babylon before his passing  ???

- Daywalker.

judith collier

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 07:15:48 AM »

It would be better that this young man never set foot in a church(yea, coming from me) If he is schizophrenic, which his sounds like a classic case(onset so young) Just love him, teach him God's love, nothing else until he is better but when the onset is young, it is rare to get better. judy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 23 queries.