bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When Your Hut's On Fire  (Read 6700 times)

stephen

When Your Hut's On Fire
« on: April 05, 2009, 06:25:29 PM »

The only survivor of a shipwreck was washed up on a small, uninhabited island.  He prayed feverishly for God to rescue him.  Every day he scanned the horizon for help, but none seemed forthcoming.  Exhausted, he eventually managed to build a little hut out of driftwood to protect himself from the elements, and to store his few possessions.  One day, after scavenging for food, he arrived home to find his little hut in flames, with smoke rolling up to the sky.  He felt the worst had happened, and everything was lost. He was stunned with disbelief, grief, and anger. He cried out, "God! How could you do this to me?"  Early the next day, he was awakened by the sound of a ship approaching the island!  It had come to rescue him! "How did you know I was here?" He asked one of his rescuers.  "We saw your smoke signal," they replied. 

We often get discouraged when things are go wrong, but we shouldn't lose heart. God is at work in our lives, even in the midst of our pain and suffering.  Remember that the next time your little hut seems to be burning to the ground.  It might just be a smoke signal preceding the Grace and plan of God.

God Bless

Stephen

Deborah-Leigh

Re: When Your Hut's On Fire
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 06:49:53 PM »

Encouragement is a ministry and service even Jesus received from Simon of Cyrene who helped Him to carry His Cross.. Luke 23 : 26 As they led Him away, they seized Simon from Cyrene, who was on his way in from the country, and put the cross on him and made himcarry it behind Jesus.

Thank you Stephen for your contribution to our encouragement.

God promises if our hut does burn to the ground we might be overwhelmed but not overcome. He will save us all.

Arc

musicman

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 07:02:37 PM »

That reminds me.  If I happen to burn down my hou. . . . .excuse me.  If my house happens to burn down (having nothing to due with my intentions of collecting insurrance money) would I be payed what I initially payed for the house or what it is worth today thanks to those sorry bank CEOs who ruined the housing market with their bad loans and selfish, greedy intentions and now have the nerve to take tax payer money and pay themselves underserved sallaries when they should be banned from the industry?

Ninny

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 07:21:04 PM »

MusicMan, you could end up in jail for not doing anything illegal to your house for insurance money!! Think of your family!! Take a deep breath... :P shhhh, be quiet!  ;)

EKnight

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 07:22:19 PM »

Musicman,

Not to turn this beautiful thread into a serious debate but, just so you know, those CEO's hands were forced by the government who implemented the CRA-Community Reinvestment Act-whereby banks were obligated to give loans to people in their communities who had limited financial resources and salaries.  It was mandated.  Like they had to have a certain percentage of loans that met the criteria set forth in the CRA. I oughta know, I sold them. :( :( :(

Don't burn down your hut, it ain't worth it.  ;D ;D

Eileen

charrie

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 07:44:33 PM »

Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil,,,,and no, I don't know anyone by the name of Musicman that claimed he would, i mean wouldn't burn down his huoes,,i mean hut. ??? 

Can I Go Now!!! and get that light out of my eyes.. :o :o

Charrie :-*

aqrinc

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 07:49:44 PM »

With musicman; almost anything is possible. Do not give him any inkling of an idea :-X

george ;D 8)

musicman

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 08:13:13 PM »

Eileen, the recent explosion in realistate and its subsequent collaps was not caused by a bill signed in 1977.

aqrinc

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 09:20:46 PM »

Oh Oh,

Politics rearing its ugly head again  :-X, there is a  8) cop named Craig nearby.

Eileen, the recent explosion in realistate and its subsequent collaps was not caused by a bill signed in 1977.

Musicman,

Not to turn this beautiful thread into a serious debate but, just so you know, those CEO's hands were forced by the government who implemented the CRA-Community Reinvestment Act-whereby banks were obligated to give loans to people in their communities who had limited financial resources and salaries.  It was mandated.  Like they had to have a certain percentage of loans that met the criteria set forth in the CRA. I oughta know, I sold them. :( :( :(

Don't burn down your hut, it ain't worth it.  ;D ;D
Eileen

george. ;D

Ninny

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 12:01:53 AM »

Barney Fife will nip it in the bud!  ;)
Kathy :D

Marky Mark

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 11:35:20 AM »

Do not concern yourselves of the world and the things of the world. The Spirit is the Truth and the way.Our Mighty Father has complete control of the situation,from His heavenly heights,not ours.

Peace...Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.