bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: skin problems  (Read 9318 times)

lovepeace

skin problems
« on: April 05, 2009, 08:36:35 PM »

hello everyone  :)
since i was born i have had a skin disease called darier white disease
it is a painful, dry, itchy, disease that causes me a lot of pain and discomfort.
it is located on my : back, stomach, arms, legs, thighs, a little of my butt, chest, breasts, and neck. (sorry if that was 2 personal 4 some)
according to doctors, my disease has NO cure and it only gets worse when getting older  :-[
lately it has been worse then ever.
the last few months...its been getting worse
it is spreading even further and is breaking out badly.
it bursts into flaming rashes and i cannot get any relief from it.
my family and friends and Alex have been there for me and do what they can
i would really appreciate and i thank u from the bottom of my heart if you would please pray for this to go away
or at least the pain and swelling i receive to go away
to be honest, i get so insecure and even when it is 80-90 degrees outside you will see me wearing a sweatshirt
i won't even where a bikini 2 the beach or shorts or skirts any where
Alex tells me all the time how beautiful i am and i love that he see's me for me
but when i try and wear clothing that shows my legs or arms etc
people just stare at me and look at me like i am a freak
it breaks my heart and sometimes i start to cry
people tell me those people are just niave, but i don't blame them for looking
i look terrible
please, if you have the time or can fit me in your prayers, please pray that this goes away
thank you so much for taking the time to read this and pray for me

God Bless,
Chanelle

Vangie

Re: skin problems
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 08:50:25 PM »

You got it Chanelle.  Praying for you to feel better.

Love in Christ,
Vangie

meee

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 09:30:54 PM »

Chanelle, I most certainly will be praying for you to feel better.
       luv & hugs,meee :)

mhykx

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 09:38:43 PM »

Chanelle,

When I saw the subject of this topic, I wondered what could be the problem.

I have a 3-year old daughter who had skin problem too ("had" - because I think she's all cured although I still few rashes on her skinfolds).  As a father, I couldn't bear seeing her scratching almost all day.  I'm praying for her since the year (2007) I got in the church.  I had her checked-up by two dermas but both just gave temporary relief.

Then I learned and understood the Sovereignty of God.  He knows all.  He knows my daughter's condition.  He knows my agony of seeing my little child on her condition.  He sees you too.  He knows what you're going through.  And all for a reason.

I shall include you in my prayers not only for God's will of healing you but also for understanding on why He has/had put you in such condition.

The answer to our prayer is coming.

Your brother in Christ,
-Mike

Marlene

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 09:40:00 PM »

Chanelle , I will keep you in my prayers.

In His Love,
Marlene

EKnight

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 10:46:14 PM »

Chanelle,

You are so young and beautiful.  I can only imagine the agony and embarrassment you must be dealing with.  I will certainly pray that God release you from this burden but the Will of God will prevail and although this burden may appear heavy, I am certain God is by your side through it all.

God bless and keep you upbeat and hopeful.

Eileen

Ricky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 12:09:30 AM »

Hello Chanelle,  There are many people in the world that would give anything to be in your shoes rather than their own. My grandmother was a christian all of her life, brought up the Lutheran way to God in church. She raised 9 kids, my mother was one of them. Grandma died many years ago at 84 years old. She was born blind, she has never seen herself in the mirror, or what her kids looked like, or what anything in life looked liked. She never once blamed God for her blindness, she loved God and thanked Him for it. I believe her rewards will be very high because of this. Chanelle, you are very special to God because He has shown you the truth and you believe it, thank Him for that, don't blame Him for your skin problems, thank Him for that as well. I know it is hard not to blame God. We will never be able to understand why he has done life the way He has. But I do believe we will be most happy when its all over with. I shall be praying for you.
  Bless you Chanelle.             Ricky
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

jassy

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 04:53:13 AM »

Hi chanelle

I get so riled up when doctors speak words of doom over your life. They work in reality, whereas you as a child of God work in truth. Thats a vast difference. Repeat this out loud whenever you can. ¨ I reject the words spoken over me about this disease in the name of Jesus Christ and I believe my God is greater than the words of man¨´ Do it until you believe it.
If you have a private area try and get at least 10 minutes of sunshine on your entire body every day. No sunblock, just naked skin and sunshine. And eat bananas. There is something extraordinary about bananas. Munch as many as you can.

If you think about it the only areas where the rash is not showing is your hands and face. Those areas get the most exposure so its stands to reason the more bits you cover up the worse those bits get.
 and lastly, I will pray for you together with these other precious forum members.

joan

meee

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 10:19:14 AM »

Channel,
           I'm continuing in prayer for you!
           May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him,
so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13
            luv&hugs,meee ;D

Ninny

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 10:41:07 AM »

Hey Chanelle,
I'm praying for your condition, I know that certain things can be embarrassing and painful. My heart goes out to you. I have Rosacea it is a very annoying condition that affects my face. Sometimes I look like I have a sunburn on my nose and cheeks! People sometimes say, "ouch you got a sunburn!"  I know that you feel embarrassed and self conscious beside the pain and discomfort. I'll definitely pray for you! :D
Keep your chin up, girl and trust in God!
Kathy ;)

Ocean

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 05:52:40 PM »

Chanelle,

I too pray for your healing and for God to give you the strength to endure it. Only God knows the depths of your pain.....without Him, we certainly can do nothing.

Hang in there,
Ocean

lovepeace

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 06:18:02 PM »

thank you all for your prayers...
and i have some GREAT news!
my rash is disappearing and i have a doctors apt tomorrow morning
your prayers helped so much!
THANK YOU
i don't know how to thank you.
bless you all

mhykx

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2009, 06:58:40 PM »

That is great Chanelle!!
Praise GOD the Father and Lord Jesus Christ - the Great Healer of all time!!!

jassy

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 05:18:02 AM »

I am so happy for you Chanelle.

I dont know if you have seen the doctor already but no matter whether he is positive or negative you are being healed. God is awesome and mighty!!!!!

meee

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2009, 09:08:05 PM »

Chanelle, That is awesome news!!
Praise our God the Father and our Jehovah Savior, His mercies never cease.
  Keep us updated,
 ;Dhugs&love,meee

Roy Coates

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2009, 01:37:11 AM »

Praise the Lord.....

Samson

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 01:03:29 AM »

hello everyone  :)
since i was born i have had a skin disease called darier white disease
it is a painful, dry, itchy, disease that causes me a lot of pain and discomfort.
it is located on my : back, stomach, arms, legs, thighs, a little of my butt, chest, breasts, and neck. (sorry if that was 2 personal 4 some)
according to doctors, my disease has NO cure and it only gets worse when getting older  :-[
lately it has been worse then ever.
the last few months...its been getting worse
it is spreading even further and is breaking out badly.
it bursts into flaming rashes and i cannot get any relief from it.
my family and friends and Alex have been there for me and do what they can
i would really appreciate and i thank u from the bottom of my heart if you would please pray for this to go away
or at least the pain and swelling i receive to go away
to be honest, i get so insecure and even when it is 80-90 degrees outside you will see me wearing a sweatshirt
i won't even where a bikini 2 the beach or shorts or skirts any where
Alex tells me all the time how beautiful i am and i love that he see's me for me
but when i try and wear clothing that shows my legs or arms etc
people just stare at me and look at me like i am a freak
it breaks my heart and sometimes i start to cry
people tell me those people are just niave, but i don't blame them for looking
i look terrible
please, if you have the time or can fit me in your prayers, please pray that this goes away
thank you so much for taking the time to read this and pray for me

God Bless,
Chanelle

Sorry Chanelle,

I can empathize with you, when I was in 7th through 9th grade, I experienced a very bad case
                          of acne and was teased, degraded and called the most horrible names, couple that with
                          being emotionally beatened up at home during that time period, well I guess you might
                          understand. It's good you have a loving and supportive Boyfriend who thinks the world of you,
                          Alex. That was not true in my case. It might have been God doing some training for me in the
                          area of empathy. Now I show fellow feeling for people that suffer afflictions of any kind.

May God see you through this, Samson.

Roy Coates

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009, 02:15:54 AM »

How's that healing coming? What did the doctor say? Our continued prayers for continued healing.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2009, 02:35:18 PM »

How's that healing coming? What did the doctor say? Our continued prayers for continued healing.

I can't spell the disease, but dariars white disease has no known cure. There is very little known about the disease and it is extremely rare disease. Unfortunately for Chanelle.

Our greatest Hope is the Lord. She continues to fight this skin problem. You could probably google some pictures of how bad it can get on the skin and knowing how people can be self consciouse, you could imagine the damage it could do to someone emotionaly.

She is currently on a new cream for the irretated areas of the skin which seems to be helping the skin alot, however this is how all creames chanelle has taken start. They work wonderful for a few weeks, months maybe, than they stop working and she breaks out horribly. We are just praying that this cream is the one to work and to stay working. Perhaps all the prayers here are the reason this new cream is working or perhaps this cream is like all the others. Starts and than eventually fails.

It's a shame nothing is known about this disease or very little. I did some reading up on it when chanelles mother gave me a paper she had printed out about it.

Thanks for the continued prayers, this might just be a life long struggle for chanelle and i will support here through it, or perhaps God has planned for a miracle. We can never know :/

Linny

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2009, 07:40:32 PM »

If Chanelle is interested and will pm me, I will be happy to offer some ideas for her. Some of you know that my family does not use much western medicine. I do not have any knowledge of her particular skin issue but have seen others which were "incurable" disappear with more natural treatments.

Blessings, Lin
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 18 queries.