bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you know if you are called and chosen?  (Read 10536 times)

JJ

How do you know if you are called and chosen?
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2006, 02:30:01 PM »

I agree, Bobby!  Very clear scripture.  Thank you for posting these!

What I am "feeling" is Hebrews 12:11 "Now no chastening for the present
SEEMETH to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercided thereby."

Guess I'm just worn out by the extreme "exercise" of chastening!  Ha!

Thanks for reminder! ..... hide God's Word in my heart that I might not sin...... thank you, thank you.....  to a better day ahead!
JJ

JJ

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2006, 02:54:05 PM »

Rocky,  seems there is a big difference between joy and happiness.
Joy is a deeper, lasting fruit.  And it is listed as a "fruit of the spirit"--
whereas happiness is not..... ??   Happiness seems to be based on
good circumstances, whereas joy is something that rises above any
circumstance and penetrates any difficulty.  

Yes, I know what you mean..... life at times really does "suck" as you say.   The undercurrent of knowledge of God's plan and joy in the hope
of being w/ Him is what helps me endure life when it sucks my energy
from me.  

I am a VERY cheerful, bouncy person, but God is fixing that!  I can't
even be cheerful w/o Him now!   I find there is no thing in me left of any value,  all a waste, starting over, all of Him.    So will go meditate on
Him and His Word and let Him give me joy, His fruit.......not mine.. praise His name!

JJ

mercie

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2006, 03:22:43 PM »

Rocky

Ive always thought that Happiness was a fleeting emotion that last but for a while.

where as JOY is a Fruit of the Spirit

The Word Joy is very much Used with the Name Christ as He is that Inward JOY which of course is in How each of us see the scriptures?

Jhn 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.  

Jhn 15:11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and [that] your joy might be full

Act 13:52 And the disciples were filled with joy, and

Luk 24:52 And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy:  

This again going from a Child to a son\heir.

Jhn 16:21 A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world.  

Every mans a City m the great Joy is christ In men when Cleansed.

Jhn 16:22 And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.

Act 8:6 And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.  

Act 8:7 For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed [with them]: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed.  

Act 8:8 And there was great joy in that city.

Christ is peace HE is Joy and He is the Spirit, threes a good number.

This is a classic here

paul realised the words he used.

2Cr 1:24 Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.

Just to add Who is it who has dominion and over WHAT?

Rom 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Rev 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him [be] glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Hbr 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power( DOMINION) of death, that is, the devil;  

Our Great JOY is everlasting and will never leave us.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.