bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moms Home  (Read 4852 times)

Terry

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Moms Home
« on: April 10, 2009, 11:28:09 PM »

After six weeks in the hospital mom came home yesterday she is doing much better thank you all for your prayers.
Terry Miller
Terry

Marlene

Re: Moms Home
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 11:54:14 PM »

Terry, That is such Good News. I am very Happy for You.  My Mother is 88 and lives with me. She took a bad fall while I was in the hospital after a cervical spine surgery. She has gone down some since that. But, she is a fighter and doing good. Her knees are in really bad shape and she has a few other problems. I know, she is not like she was. But, hey I sure Love her and enjoy her.

Well, I will keep her in my prayers.

In His Love,
Marlene

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 12:05:21 AM »

Terry,
 It's good to know your mom is better.  Marlene, I'm glad your mom is doing well, too. My mom was my age when she died that was about 32 years ago now, but it doesn't seem that long ago! My kids were little so I had a lot to occupy my mind and my time back then. I still miss her of course, we were very close. She died of kidney failure a complication from diabetes. So everyone who still has their mom should treat her like a queen! I have only good memories of my mom she was a gracious lady.
Don't mean to make you sad because like I said I have only good memories! I can only smile and sometimes laugh when I think of my mom!  ;D
Kisses and hugs to EVERYONE'S mom!! :-* :D
Kathy :)

Terry

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 12:21:16 AM »

Thanks marlene and Ninny theres something very speical about a mothers love, my dad was a very hard man didn't know how to show love but my mom made up for it again thanks for the prayers.
Terry
Terry

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 12:44:58 AM »

Hi Terry,

I am happy to know your Mom is back home with you. GOD has her exactly where she needs to be right now, so Thank GOD for everything.

I got to visit with my Mom for about 5 hours on Wednesday, that is always a great time for me and her. Even though we presently sit on opposite sides of many Scriptures (she is 50+ years JW). They have a good bit right and a good bit wrong, and we always discuss this quite earnestly. I do understand that GOD has her where she has to be right now and i am able to be content with that except when i go carnal.

Well that is a lot more than i meant to write, but it is as GOD Leads i write.

We Trust In The LIVING GOD And Our Lord And Saviour Jesus Christ.

george. :)

judith collier

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 05:18:54 AM »

Terry, happy for you and your mom. Judy

judith collier

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009, 05:22:21 AM »

George, how very kind and nice of you to visit your mom every week. Mother's love it when their children think of them. It is the fruit of of their love. When it comes down to what is important for a mother it is always their children. Judy

Roy Coates

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009, 12:24:35 PM »

Praise the Lord......

aqrinc

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 03:16:16 PM »

George, how very kind and nice of you to visit your mom every week. Mother's love it when their children think of them. It is the fruit of of their love. When it comes down to what is important for a mother it is always their children. Judy

Judy,

Sorry if you got the wrong message; no i cannot visit every week. Sometimes she is out of the Country, also we live 350 miles apart. I do visit often, not nearly enough and we talk on the phone quite a bit. Many times it ends up in a phone Bible Study, i used to always come away feeling confused and frustrated before.

Now the tone is let The Scriptures do the Talking, and pointing out that The New World Translation, is a butchered version of The Bible. I now ask that we use The Empathic Diaglott when discussing Scripture since that is a JW production. A pretty good product too, pity they do not use that in their general congregation.

george. :-[

cjwood

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2009, 06:32:31 PM »

hi terry, i too am happy at your news that your momma is home. no better place to recuperate. my momma is now 82 and lives about 4 hrs from me. my baby sister lives in the same town as my momma and they live about 1.5 miles apart. my sister has become such a blessing to me and my siblings in that she can be at the ready whenever momma needs her. my daddy died unexpectedly 4.5 yrs ago so momma lives alone. she has a long and deep abiding love for God and our Savior Jesus Christ, BUT, she at present doesn't have the spiritual understanding that Jesus Christ is the Savior of all the world, despite my spending many hours with her in person and on the phone, giving scriptural proof that God will be All in all. but i no longer even bring any type of Truths up to her. if she asks me any questions, i will give her the reasons for my faith. anyway, i just wanted to say i am thankful your momma is at home. i pray that her health will continue to improve. i pray also for marlene's momma's health. for my dear ninny kathy, i am sorry that you lost your momma so young. 32 yrs later, i am sure the loss of her sometimes feels like just 32 days, or minutes; especially when you had a loving mother/daughter connection. i know that you give thanks for her life and her love and the good memories you carry in your heart. to our aqr/george, i just wanted to say that i loved your statement "except when i go carnal." kind of reminds one of "going postal". neither type of "going" really ever goes well.

love in Christ,
claudia

Ocean

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2009, 09:58:33 PM »

Hi Terry,

I'm so happy that your mum's back home...no doubt, God's will is done and thanks also to our BT-family prayers.

SInce some of us are savouring the senior-years of our parents, i'm heading home (Fiji) in 6 days time  ;D to see my 68 yr old widowed-mum [retired nurse], whom i haven't seen since 2004. I cannot contain my excitement  :).....i look forward to having late night chats with her and making her a cuppa while giving her a foot massage :)....even if its for 8 days....just her and I since she lives on her own.

What initially seemed like a financial impossibility, only God could have made it possible last week. While having my quite-time with my Divine last night, a thought that came to mind was that i could make copies of LoF series (kept in box-file) and take it with me when i visit her. She does not have internet at home but she read/writes perfect English. At teh moment, she is a staunch SDA but my prayer last night was that if it is His [God's] will, He will open her eyes, ears to the truths expounded by Ray in LoF series.

May we all continue to reach out to our parents....even if they don't get the REAL truth, at least let them see/feel God's fruits-of-the-spirit in us....Glory be to God.

Blessings,
Ocean
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.