bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Long Road  (Read 4789 times)

Ninny

A Long Road
« on: April 11, 2009, 01:37:53 AM »

I have been sitting here tonight thinking about the long road we have all come down.  I was thinking in this vein because over on the General Discussions Board some of the older threads have been brought up and just knowing we are all on this journey together is amazing!

I went backwards on that board and this one and was absorbed in reading the posts. I ran onto the first post I put on the forum on this board! It was back in October when we found out that Grayson had a brain tumor. I was so upset at that moment, I noticed I said Grayson's baby brother was 7 months old! He was only 7 WEEKS old! I chuckled at that because he is just now 7 months old actually he will be 8 months old tomorrow!! :D What a long road in so short a time!

Anyway, I am just posting tonight to say how glad I am that I found Bible Truths! I know we all have different stories of how we got here, but when it all comes down to it...We all just ended up here mainly while searching for something. I want you all to know that your prayers and good words of faith have meant so much to me over the last 6 months. I have found so much comfort in reading all of Ray's work and knowing that you are there for me and I want you to know that I am here for you, too!

The love for and the bond with all of you is just so unlike any other! I will keep praying for all of you and asking God to bless each of you! I am praying so much that God will raise Ray back to health if it be his will. God has used him to bring each of us into so much truth! I thank God for him and each of you! :-*

The moderators may move this thread if it is posted wrong, but here is where I first posted so that's why I'm here tonight!
Prayers and Blessings!!
Kathy

judith collier

Re: A Long Road
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 05:15:40 AM »

Kathy, I feel the same way. judy

Terry

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 10:32:14 AM »

Kathy thats what i'm talking about God is so good to let us be here to help one another :D
Terry
Terry

Roy Coates

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 12:20:46 PM »

Nicely stated Kathy, I agree ;D and likewise too.

Ninny

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 12:54:35 PM »

It's funny how God works! I went over early this morning to visit with my little grandsons. My son, daughter-in-law and I started talking and wouldn't you know it was about the same thing I posted here last night! ;D
My daughter-in-law (Paula) was telling me that they are just trying to find a church where their boys will have some friends that can come and hang out with them. She said, "You know we just need a place where we have people who will pray for us and to know that we are all about ministering to people who NEED prayer and help. No one seems to think that is important any more!"  I told her , "Yeah, it feels like you're out of place no matter what church you go to?" She said, "Exactly!"  She was telling me that people they don't even know send them messages on Grayson's caring bridge page telling them if there is anything they can do please let them know. So many people that they don't know are praying for Gray and for the other kids at Children's Hospital. She said that friends that they have known for years don't even post words of encouragement for them! One of her best friends told her that she just doesn't know how to talk to her, she doesn't know what to say because of Grayson's tumor!!

I told her about the wonderful friends I have found here on BT and that God's people are just not confined to any one church! I told her that I have had so many posts from all of you offering prayers for Gray and sending words of encouragement and comfort over him and the others we have been praying for. I think God is starting to call them out. I am being careful not to be too anti church, they know I am not attached to any church and they know I understand how they feel. So would you all PLEASE pray for them they are desperate to fit in somewhere and they just don't know what to do! Just pray that God's will for their lives will be done. They don't want to be out of a church because since they homeschool the boys they have no real friends. Those boys are so sociable and they need fellowship, too! They need Christian friends and I have no real advice to give them!
Thanks again for sitting through all my rambling! :D
Kathy ;D

meee

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 11:52:42 AM »

Kathy ,
     I feel the same way in finding BT and everyone here.
     You've got my prayers for your family,sis.
           luv & hugs,justmeee

aqrinc

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 02:25:59 AM »

Ditto Kathy,

such a long way in such a short time. When GOD Is Ready for us, (anyone) a lot happens in very little time. Do not take my word, check what brother Paul found out first hand:

Act 9: 1-16 (MKJV)
1  And Saul, still breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest
2  and asked letters from him to Damascus to the synagogues; so that if he found any of the Way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem.
3  But in going, it happened as he drew near to Damascus, even suddenly a light from the heaven shone around him.
4  And he fell to the earth and heard a voice saying to him, Saul, Saul, why do you persecute Me?
5  And he said, Who are you, lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom you persecute. It is hard for you to kick against the goads.
6  And trembling and astonished, he said, Lord, what will You have me to do? And the Lord said to him, Arise and go into the city, and you shall be told what you must do.
7  And the men who journeyed with him stood speechless, indeed hearing a voice but seeing no one.
8  And Saul was lifted up from the earth, his eyes were opened, but he saw no one. But they led him by the hand and brought him into Damascus.
9  And he was three days not seeing, and did not eat or drink.
10  And there was a certain disciple in Damascus named Ananias. And the Lord said to him in a vision, Ananias! And he said, Behold me, Lord.
11  And the Lord said to him, Arise and go into the street which is called Straight and inquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul of Tarsus. For behold, he is praying,
12  and has seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in and putting his hand on him so that he might receive his sight.
13  And Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard from many of this man, how many evil things he has done to Your saints at Jerusalem.
14  And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on Your Name.
15  But the Lord said to him, Go! For this one is a chosen vessel to Me, to bear My name before nations and kings and the sons of Israel.
16  For I will show him what great things he must suffer for My name's sake.

george. :)

Ninny

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 12:58:38 PM »

Amen, George! A VERY long way in a very short span of time!! :D
Kathy ;D

Ocean

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 05:24:59 PM »

Kathy...i couldn't agree more!

Somehow i don't miss going to church since Jan this year....BT is the 'gathering & fellowship' i look forward to EVERYDAY. In the islands it can trial since everyone is in their Sunday-white-best with hats and jackets (can you believe that..in 32 degree tempt & high humidity ???). Gee, the early missionaries certainly put much emphasis on the 'outward' appearances ;)....i could never figure this one [dressing up] out!

Oh how i wish my retired-widowed-mum could access the internet so that she too can read through Ray's writings. But i will be taking printed copies of LoF series when i see her this weekend  ;D.

Love and warm blessings to you all,
Ocean

meee

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 09:07:53 PM »

Ocean,
       I don't miss going to church either. Now reading all Ray's papers I am even more convinced I was called out.
       I'm so happy for you and your mum. May God bless your time spent with her and I'll pray His will on your mum receiving the Truth.
       Luv & hugs,meee :-*

Kathy...i couldn't agree more!

Somehow i don't miss going to church since Jan this year....BT is the 'gathering & fellowship' i look forward to EVERYDAY. In the islands it can trial since everyone is in their Sunday-white-best with hats and jackets (can you believe that..in 32 degree tempt & high humidity ???). Gee, the early missionaries certainly put much emphasis on the 'outward' appearances ;)....i could never figure this one [dressing up] out!

Oh how i wish my retired-widowed-mum could access the internet so that she too can read through Ray's writings. But i will be taking printed copies of LoF series when i see her this weekend  ;D.

Love and warm blessings to you all,
Ocean
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.