bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Back from church  (Read 4187 times)

musicman

Back from church
« on: April 12, 2009, 07:38:46 PM »

Got up early to drive 65 miles to church.  Now that's dedication.  How many would do that.  I even stayed for two sermons.  They were sooo. . . . .sooooooo. . . . . .(yawn) mostly true because the minister didn't try to interpret the scriptures cited.  He even spoke of the harvests.  I wonder if he realizes that he was teaching universal salvation.  Probably not.  Oh, and I heard the 20 second prayer. . .. .twice.  People were very nice.  I even liked the preacher.  He says he sometimes visits prisons n stuff.  We agreed privately on many political issues.  Now had he asked, I would have stated some of my beliefs about the true God but I just don't think I can tell it all.  I try to imagine telling such nice people that their cherished beliefs are tainted with lies.  But remember, I am more spiritual than ya'll because I went to church on Easter sunday.  Yes I did.  And you know what?

I made $410 doing it.  The sheep put the money in and I take it out.  I feel like Robin Hood.  Hope the sherif of Babylon doesn't catch up with me.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Back from church
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 08:43:04 PM »

I certainly feel outspiritualed. 

$410, huh?  I'm assuming you actually did some work rather than just running off with a collection plate as it was passed.  Do they need a halfway decent rythm guitarist?

Shame you didn't meet Maid Marian so you could get unequally yoked.

(Sorry...I'm trying to quit smoking and it's making me crabby.)
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

aqrinc

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 08:45:21 PM »

Boy :); you are a little twisted sometimes. :o

george ;D.

Terry

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 02:48:29 PM »

Hey Dave in Tenn,
Remember that song by Jerry Reed more yrs. ago than i care to remember it went something like this,
Smoking is a habit and a habit you can break,
Just a little will power is all it takes,
Now some are a quitter and some are a fighter,
Now where did i put that cigarette lighter,

Dave i must have quit a 100 times by the time i was 35, then one day i just didn't start again i didn't think much about it then, but a couple years later my daughter from my first marriage who was a heavy drinker and in to drugs brought her new born daughter of two weeks by for my wife and i to baby sit, that baby sitting job has lasted 17 and a half years so far and when my wife and i had our kids grown we started all over again and it has been nothing but a blessing from God i wouldn't change a thing, but the thing is our granddaughter has had asthma her whole life and can't be around cigarette smoke i didn't see it then but i believe God made a change in me because he knew i would soon have a new addition to our family anyway maybe God allows us to fight these things while we run this race until we really hate it enough that when God takes it away from us we can look back and say i don't want to go back down that road again and then we will be done with it for good,
Anyway be of good cheer i know you will be just fine we know these things will make us strong just keep putting up the good fight.
God Bless
Terry
Terry

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 03:11:13 PM »

Poor Jerry was in a state until he could find his lighter.   :D

Thanks Terry.  I give advice much easier than I take it, seems like.  Some things fall away and some things seems like have to be cut out with dull knives.

I appreciated your story.  I've got friends with a kid who's also got breathing problems.  I'll think about you and him.  God's already blessed you.  I pray He will pile them on.  Bless the Lord, we know now that He will.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.