bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Shack  (Read 3993 times)

stephen

The Shack
« on: April 17, 2009, 05:45:29 PM »

I've just finished reading this top seller but unlike the general reviews that describe it as "a must read" and one of "the greatest Christian books ever written" I have very serious reservations, even if was still in traditional Christianity. So I'm not even debating the point of The Trinity, but simply the way God and Jesus are presented, example, in one place in the book 'Jesus'  says "I'm the best way", quite contrary to biblical view that Jesus is the ONLY way. It also says that God is not offended by sin. Wow!

There are many more examples, but the worrying factor is that the book is written and presented in such a way as if it is a true story, and not the fiction that it is. Prominent pastors and business men/women are publicly stating that the book has brought a new spiritual awakening to them. I find this book and New Age to have much in common, which just emphasizes how deeply traditional Christianity is entrenched  in Babylon.

Just a few more deceptions;

The book is written on the basis that God will change to make himself more acceptable to man. Does the bible not teach that we have to approach God on His terms, not him on ours.

God says that he does not Judge - really!

There's no need for sin to be punished - nice!

Breaks down the idea of authority. The three - God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit laugh at the idea that Jesus must submit to the Father.

The "Great Spirit" of the American Indians is the same as God.

Has anyone else read the book and would like to comment?

Stephen

mharrell08

Re: The Shack
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 06:21:09 PM »

Marky Mark

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 06:35:04 PM »

Why even waste your time reading this type of offensive dreck. Life's to short.  ::)

Instead: :)

1. Tell your wife you love her and give her a big kiss. :-*
 2. Tell your kids you love them and play with them. ;D
 3. Take your dog for a walk in the woods. 8)
 4. Get down on your knees and thank God that He has delivered you from such babylonian hogwash. ;)

Peace...Mark

gmik

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 07:47:01 PM »

Great MarkyMark!!

Marques thanks for the link.  I thought I had posted on that but couldn't find it.

Anyway, I read the dumb thing too--well part of it then skimmed the rest for all the reasons already stated in the other thread.  I googled it and couldn't believe all the sites/blogs/controversy over it!!!  Ha Babylon is so full of itself!!!

I am thankful for the serenity and peace I get at Bible-Truths!!

Hey, Longhorn, funny comment on other thread!! ha

Good observations stephen (and from all who posted).  Wish I would have read that thread before reading the book-which I borrowed not bought!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.