bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: question  (Read 5552 times)

eutychus

question
« on: June 06, 2006, 12:37:02 PM »

Jud 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not

can anyone find this in the cannonatical writings???

wow
euty

Andy_MI

question
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 01:20:15 PM »

Hi euty,

I did a google search for jude 9 and came up with a couple links of interest.

http://jmm.aaa.net.au/articles/9031.htm

http://www.realtime.net/~wdoud/jude/jude04.html

They refer to a possible link with jude 9 and a apocryphal book called the assumtion of moses also known as the testament of moses.

I have that in a collection of writings and I read through it and I don't find anything that compares with the jude 9 verse.

The closest verse I find is:

Zec 3:1  And he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.

Zec 3:2  And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; even the LORD that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?

I also find it interesting that jude 14 is not in the cannon of scripture. I find that verse in 1Enoch 1:9

this has always puzzled me that jude quotes from writings other than found in our bible.

Andy

eutychus

question
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 01:22:17 PM »

thanks andy.

ive always like reading  enoch and others.

peace
chuck

chrissiela

question
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 03:42:06 PM »

Found this:  :?:

Dan 11:40  And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him:
and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over.

Dan 11:41  He shall enter also into the glorious land, and many countries shall be overthrown: but these shall escape out of his hand, even Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon.

Dan 11:42  He shall stretch forth his hand also upon the countries: and the land of Egypt shall not escape.

Dan 11:43  But he shall have power over the treasures of gold and of silver, and over all the precious things of Egypt: and the Libyans and the Ethiopians shall be at his steps.

Dan 11:44  But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many.

Dan 11:45  And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.

Dan 12:1  And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

Michael contending for the body of Moses (those under the law)?  :?:

Dan 12:2  And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Dan 12:3  And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

Dan 12:4  But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.[/list:u]

Chrissie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.