bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Have you ever wondered??  (Read 3866 times)

Ninny

Have you ever wondered??
« on: April 19, 2009, 01:31:35 AM »

Have you ever wondered why pastors tell their congregations that no one should leave a church unless they are moving too far away to attend? I have heard that many times! They will tell you, "Let's pray about" doing one thing or another, but never do they say that if you leave the church! I actually was having a conversation with my pastors wife of years gone by, we were talking about a family who had left the church. It was a single mother of two daughters. the girls were having some kind of trouble, the pastor's wife said, "Well she chose to leave and go to another church so we aren't responsible for her anymore." I though, "OH REALLY?" Now this woman had been a member for this church for at least 5 years. I'm sure she saw my jaw drop when she said that! I said, "So what if she decides to come back?" She said then they could help her! To me that was arrogant!

Since no one believes that God is in control, then it is easy to control the congregation. It's kind of like "lock down" in a prison! When I  left that church I had literally had to just "run away!" When I left the Seventh Day Adventist church I attended a board meeting in which I learned they were voting to "disfellowship" me! :o ;D  Well, that's another story altogether! Except that God was dragging me out of there! No one thinks that GOD would actually CALL SOMEONE OUT!!! Membership for life on THEIR terms?? Whatever...

Well, I guess there is really no reason for this rambling, I just wondered if anyone had ever thought about why there is no good reason to leave a church! Wonder how Jesus felt when all those followers of his "turned away and followed Him no more"? Wonder if He called a board meeting? <sigh>
Kathy ;)

Marlene

Re: Have you ever wondered??
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 07:05:05 AM »

Kathy, I use to wonder that too. But, now I know, God is calling people out of Mystery Babylon. The people in it who have not been called out do not realize they should leave because they are blinded by the half-truths in those churches.  Also, God never intended that the whole world be converted in this life time.

Its like any lie. If, you do not know the whole truth you cannot do what is needed. But, if you face the truth you can make the right choice and be set free of the lies. Or, you can prefer evil over good.

But, of course when people leave churches they either call them church hoppers or say they were never apart to begin with. They  think the tares left. They have no idea these people could be called out by God. They are always finger pointing and thinking there is always something wrong with the person who left.

I am just so happy to be out. I have no desire to go back to the lies. For the first time in my life I have been set free . Half, the time I never felt I fit in anyways. I was out of my church of many years when I became ill and could not go . Only, had one family wondering about me. I am sure he felt like I was a lost case. I had been very active in my church. This illness gave me time to spend with God alone. To me going to Babylon was how I learned it was nothing but confusion. I am content with how God used Babylon to set me free.

I will not be critical of some who really did care. There are some who really do. But, I do care now that I know, the truth I can't go back to lies.

In His Love,
Marlene

aqrinc

Re: Have you ever wondered??
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 08:36:37 PM »

Kathy,

It is when Jesus Christ Said: The Words i speak to you they are Spirit And They are life. That is when many of His disciples (the called) turned away and walked with Him no more.

As Marlene has written below:

I use to wonder that too. But, now I know, God is calling people out of Mystery Babylon. The people in it who have not been called out do not realize they should leave because they are blinded by the half-truths in those churches.  Also, God never intended that the whole world be converted in this life time.

Joh 6: 47-51 (YLT)
47  `Verily, verily, I say to you, He who is believing in me, hath life age-during;
48  I am the bread of the life;
49  your fathers did eat the manna in the wilderness, and they died;
50  this is the bread that out of the heaven is coming down, that any one may eat of it, and not die.
51  `I am the living bread that came down out of the heaven; if any one may eat of this bread he shall live--to the age; and the bread also that I will give is my flesh, that I will give for the life of the world.'

Joh 6: 57-69 (YLT)
57  `According as the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, he also who is eating me, even that one shall live because of me;
58  this is the bread that came down out of the heaven; not as your fathers did eat the manna, and died; he who is eating this bread shall live--to the age.'
59  These things he said in a synagogue, teaching in Capernaum;
60  many, therefore, of his disciples having heard, said, `This word is hard; who is able to hear it?'
61  And Jesus having known in himself that his disciples are murmuring about this, said to them, `Doth this stumble you?
62  if then ye may behold the Son of Man going up where he was before?
63  the spirit it is that is giving life; the flesh doth not profit anything; the sayings that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life;
64  but there are certain of you who do not believe;' for Jesus had known from the beginning who they are who are not believing, and who is he who will deliver him up,
65  and he said, `Because of this I have said to you--No one is able to come unto me, if it may not have been given him from my Father.'
Joh 6:66  From this time many of his disciples went away backward, and were no more walking with him,
67  Jesus, therefore, said to the twelve, `Do ye also wish to go away?'
68  Simon Peter, therefore, answered him, `Sir, unto whom shall we go? thou hast sayings of life age-during;
69  and we have believed, and we have known, that thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.'

Many of the called come out for a time, most go back because of the (hard words above; read the whole chapter later). We would all prefer of our own self to sing and wave and pray for a few minutes and pay cash for the rest so we can go about our carnal ways.

It is only By The Grace And Faith Of GOD; that we can stand up where they are currently fallen.

Thank GOD And Our Lord Jesus Christ; that All Will be un-blinded and ears opened and heart refashioned to be able to see, hear and live these Great Truths Our Lord Jesus Died and Rose Up again to Give To us.

george. ;D :'( ;D

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.