bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer for Family Members  (Read 4906 times)

Marlene

Prayer for Family Members
« on: April 19, 2009, 06:52:32 AM »

Hello, You all have heard me talk of my sister who has a really bad heart and is paralyzed on her left side from a stroke.

Her younger daughter who is married and has two children is in a very abusive situtation. Her first child who is 4 is by another man. She married a while back and has a 2 year old son by him. The child that is 4 my sisters first grandchild spent a large part of the first and second year of his life with my sister and my older neice and his Mother. But, the man she is married to now hit my Great Nephew Ethan and my neice the (Mother) turned him into the cops and he is in jail for 30 days.

My Neice has gone back home and is talking to her Husband again . She is taking them both back into the same situation. She has my sister so upset we are very concerned about her health. Not to mention the fact this has the 4 year old child so upset. This worries my Sister and My Neice who takes care of my Sister. The Childrens Mother's name is Billie Jo. She is not thinking clearly. Not sure what kind of control this man has.

I am really concerned for my Sister as Billie Jo has kept my sister worked up ever since she was 15. She is now 21. She was in some respects responsible that my Sister became so ill and had the stroke. She would never listen to her or anyone else.

I just would like you to pray for the situation. It has My Mother so worked up for my sisters life. Also, it has My Sister and My Neice (Tereses) worked up for the children. I don't like it. But, I just want to leave this all in Gods hands. After, coming in here I know that God is able to bring good from a bad situation. But, I also know something bad could happen when one lives like this. 

I try and comfort my Mother, but she is worried for my sister because of her Health.  The children is concern for all of us. For sure all of this is out of our hands. I will appreciate it if you will keep them in your prayers.

In His Love,
Marlene

aqrinc

Re: Prayer for Family Members
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 06:48:18 PM »

Hi Marlene,

Prayers have been sent for your family members, i will add them to my daily list. Looks like you and family are getting a lot of attention from GOD, we know that GOD Works All Things Together for Good.

Rom 8: 27-31 (CLV)
27 Now He Who is searching the hearts is aware what is the disposition of the spirit, for in accord with God is it pleading for the saints."
28 Now we are aware that God is working all together for the good of those who are loving God, who are called according to the purpose"
29 that, whom He foreknew, He designates beforehand, also, to be conformed to the image of His Son, for Him to be Firstborn among many brethren."
30 Now whom He designates beforehand, these He calls also, and whom He calls, these He justifies also; now whom He justifies, these He glorifies also."
31 What then, shall we declare to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?

george. :)

Terry

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 08:46:40 PM »

Marlene i will pray for your family it breaks my heart to hear this as i know first hand what your neice and the children are going through my dad put my mom and us four children through a living hell on earth every time he drank which was a weekly thing, i know he had a demon in him as no human could act that way toward their family and as for what good come out of it i can only think that it was for us to learn to forgive him or learn forgiveness which we have but it took some time i will keep you and your family in my prayers.

God Bless
Terry
Terry

Marlene

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 09:53:10 PM »

Thanks Terry and George! Yes, Terry my family is use to hard knocks. We might get knocked down, but God has enabled us to get back up. My Father did not drink. But, he cheated on my Mother for many years before my birth. After, I came he has settled down some. He was abusive to my Mother at times and for a long time I felt terrible towards him.

I would cry and my sister would say you need to stop that. Do not let anyone know they hurt you. But, it did hurt. I would wear my heart on my sleeve. I always wanted to fix peoples problems. The Lord came to me when I was very small. I would spend my time with him alone at my swing set talking to him and singing to him. This is how I endured those childhood years. I can recall having knowledge of sin at around 5 years of age. When, I was 9 I asked God what seemed to me to be an odd question. I said,"God why do I keep repeating the same sins over and over?I went years not understanding what was going on. But, I did not realizehe wanted me to live a life of sin so I knew, only he could save me. Not long after that my life became a life of causes and choices. Still, did not know what was going on. Now, I look back at all my life and see everything I did was him directing my steps. When, I cry it is for my best friend Jesus to help me. Yes, to my sister I am weak. She still sees it that way. But, I know I am strong because he is my strength.
The point of all this is to show us all something. My Father became a changed man. He became very ill and had to retire at age 48. My sister was raped by some one she tried to help like a good Samaritan. From that rape my Father was changed. A baby came from it I have told this story on here a few days ago.
My Sister told My Mother that she was glad it was her and not me cause I would not been able to handle that. Well, no one but my husband and a few in here know I had a boyfriend I was in love with got mad at me and raped me one night. God gave me the man of my dreams. I have been with him 30 years.
It was God who helped me deal with that pain. I did not want my parents to be hurt again. I have never told any of them.
My Husband and I have had many trials in our marriage, But, still to this very day we have them. But, God has given me so many blessings and I have been content in plenty and content in little. I have been happier in the little actually. I deal with trials of pain in my body every day and other medical problems.
But, I know who to give the credit to for my strength. Its all God. Has been and I hope I pray that he will carry me thorugh any other trials. I know, he is well able. He has been in my head since age 5. I wondered where he came from we did not go to church much. Now, I know he put himself in my mind. But, the most amazing thing of all is when we discover the whole truth of his plan for us. It is for sure a blessing of God I cannot stop thanking him for. If, I made mistakes I never expected anyone to fix them for me. I went to God. He was my Father and he had all the answers.I have to tell you I forgave my Father and also the boyfriend who raped me.

Its hard to watch kids make mistakes. But, God knows it is important. But, my trying to tell my family that is like talking to a wall. Course, they want a quick fix. But, they do not see how patient God is with us. I see. He let me sin for a long time. I am going to be 55. It took him all this time to show me his plan. Why? Cause had he showed me all of the beast and all his truths. I would have choked on the meat. This goes to show you who is in control. But, Babylon thinks it can only be done in this life time. I thought God had given me blessings before in my life. Well,  the pearls God has shown us through Ray tops them all. Well, I still wear my heart on my sleeve. I hurt for others and I feel there pain. But, I know who holds me up. I cry on his shoulders and I feel his loving arms. I get up and go on. Why, cause he enables me too. Just wanted to share some of my trials. There are many more. I would never had the patience God has had with me. But, he is teaching me how to with others.

In His Love,
Marlene
Thank everyone of you for your prayers. Just, thought some of my life might be a blessing to others who might not see. Many of you already see. Some are just learning. It just amazes me when I see the young people he has led to this website.I value each and every one of you. I love you too. You are all a gift from God.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 10:01:07 PM by Marlene »

Terry

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 10:28:33 PM »

Thanks Marlene for sharing that with me and others i sometimes think that others don't know what its like to go through the things that i've been through but i see i was wrong, but i know this, it seems like some of that pain lifts when i share it with others its like God is healing my heart and it feels so good, i know you know what i mean, i made a promise to my self when i was a child that i would never hit my wife when i got married, i know God helped me to keep that promise as i have never raised a hand to her, well anyway i know how you feel and it is wonderful to feel Gods love in our heart and to know he is working things out in our life,

God Bless
Terry
Terry

Marlene

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 10:44:59 PM »

Terry, I just wanted to add. Seeing some of my own sins has made me have compassion to the ones who have hurt me. We, all have hurt someone in life. The one I hate hurting the most is God. He does not desearve for me to live a life of sin. He laid down his life for us. This helps me to forgive others. I remember, I have let him down time after time. Now, I hate to do it. But, God knows what people like my Father and your Father may have had in there childhoods. God will weigh  all factors of our life when he judges us. He is a fair judge. He knows what it takes to change our life. He knows, us better then we know ourselves. He is showing us ourselves now. I have to say I do not always like what I see. But, it helps me and he knows what is best. He has taken the bad things in our life and made them for our good.

Yes, sharing helps us to heal. God Bless You!'

In His Love,
Marlene
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 11:21:45 PM by Marlene »

Roy Coates

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 11:36:27 PM »

May God bless you and all involved with healing, strength and peace.

gmik

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 11:47:21 PM »

A very humbling thread to read. My love and prayers are to you all. Praise God He dragged you to Himself and revealed truth to you.  As He guides you for yourself, He guides you to help others.

EKnight

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 12:37:06 PM »

Marlene,

I hope I get to meet you someday.  You sound like such a gentle soul who has had their fair share of trials and tribulations.

I know someone else has said this to you but it is worth repeating; your posts are so humbling and simple yet authentic and inspiring.

I will certainly pray earnestly for you and your family.

Eileen

Ninny

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 03:40:18 PM »

Marlene,
You know that God is hearing your prayers and ours for your family. It makes you feel helpless in a situation like this because you are not in a position to DO anything about it. That is a form of torture the enemy uses against us, he (the enemy) takes advantage of tender feelings of sympathy that we have for others and makes us feel useless and weak. These are only "feelings" remember we live by faith, not by what we see happening around us! God is using all of the circumstances of our lives to shape us.

Hold tight to your own sanity through all of this I am praying along with everyone else here! I'm sure you know this hymn but maybe these few words will bring you a little comfort anyway:

O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free!

* Refrain:
      Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
      Look full in His wonderful face,
      And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
      In the light of His glory and grace.

Sometimes a truth is brought out in an old hymn maybe not so much in the rest of this song, but in these words there is peace! In the darkest place in life we can find light for our way when we look on Jesus' face.
Love you and prayers!
Kathy :-*

Marlene

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 03:40:39 PM »

Eileen, Thanks for the kind words.I would like to meet you someday too! I would like to meet all of you really. If, we dont meet here on earth. We, will meet. Eileen, I would rather help others then myself. That, is just the way it is. I don't mind my life or any of the trials that come with it. They have all made me who I am. All, that said,"Any thing good seen in me is all from God."  I know to pray for people is something the Lord wants from us. There is so much more to my life the Lord has taken me through. I would much rather obey him now, then face his wrath.

I think, about you alot and your battle with smoking. God has you right where he wants you. I believe, he will help you overcome that. I find sometimes there are other things in me that the Lord wants to drive out, then what I sometimes what taken from me.

I would love to meet Ray, to me he is almost like the Apostle Paul. We, all have our trials and each of our trials suit what is needed to change us. Goes to show you God made us all unique in our own way. That, is why we are all important as the body of Christ it is all needed. Ray teaches boldly. The Spirit of God has shared some awesome truths with Ray. We are all blessed by his sharing with us. I never dreamed I would meet someone like Paul in our day and age. God is still working miracles. Ray, may not be the chief of sinners, but he sure teaches truth.

I want to tell you this. Many years ago there was a man in our church who was trying to overcome his smoking. He made quite an impression on me. He said, "One Day The Lord made me so sick of smoking , that I said Lord please make me sick to my stomach till I want to quit". Well, that prayer that he asked was in the will of God. So, the way I look at it God will bring us all to a place of any sin left in us we will overcome. But, the way I look at it is that God leaves some thorns to keep us humble. To stay humble we just need to remember where we came from and who took us out of it.

Our, physical parents hate for us to make mistakes. They try and shield us as children as they should. But, our Heavenly Father knows mistakes and trials make us into his Image. Now, that we know the truths of God we have his power to make right choices and to also overcome till he returns or our death.
Now, I just take one day at a time. Where as I use to get so overwhelmed with life.

One more thing, I would like to share with you. One day 29 years ago God apporached me in what seemed to be a very strange way to me. I was at home and he drew me to him in a powerful way. It was like he was saying are you tired of running from me. I got down on my knees and repented to him. I was so overcome with hate of my self. That, I said " God do whatever you have to keep me till the day I die or you come again." I told this to my last Pastor. He looked at me like I should not have ever said that. Now, I know it was God who gave me those words. Right, before coming in here he took me out of a sin I thought he would send me to Hell for. Little did I know, he took all kinds of sins out of me . He sent me in to Ray's website and he cleaned me up fast. God shared his truths with me. He opened my blind eyes. That prayer I prayed I prayed 29 years ago was in Gods will.

Yesterday, I read these verses  Hebrews Chapter 4  Verse 14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
(KJV0 Chapter 15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities;, but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Verse 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in the time of need.

Eileen, thats what I did 29 years ago and I did not realize it till now. I came boldly unto the throne of grace and he delived me then and delivers me now and will keep me. When, god is doing it in us it is done finished. It is a lifetime of overcoming. But, he is walking with us every step of the way Just, like God was with Jesus every step of the way.  Its Jesus Faith that sustains us not our own.
Hebrews Chapter 4 verse 3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest:although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. (The organized Church thinks they have to do them.) God knows the works are his and they were finished from the foundation of the world. Its by Jesus faith the battle was won. If we believe in his work, we will be done with trying on our own and come to his rest.) He will clothe us with his works. Its simple just let him work through you in his time. He will produce what is needed.
In His Love,
Marlene
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 03:54:30 PM by Marlene »

aqrinc

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2009, 09:36:18 PM »

Hi Eileen and Marlene,

The only thing i would add to that is nothing. It is a beautiful thing to see The Hand Of GOD Working In our lives.

ALL Praise And Glory To GOD And Our Lord And Saviour Jesus Christ.

george. ;D

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.