bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie preview  (Read 3987 times)

EKnight

Movie preview
« on: April 20, 2009, 09:53:00 AM »

We went to the movies last night and one of the previews was for Funny People with Adam Sandler. 

There was a scene where one of three guys who were sitting and talking about death says " When my Grandfather died there was one lone candle flickering by his bed.  We thought this was him going to heaven."  His friend says "You don't pass through fire to get to heaven.  I think he went to hell man."  I turned to my husband and said "as a matter of fact, that's exactly what you do, pass through fire."

I thought this was a very interesting quote particularly because the writer used the words "pass through" fire.

Eileen
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 09:55:19 AM by EKnight »

mharrell08

Re: Movie preview
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 10:14:06 AM »

We went to the movies last night and one of the previews was for Funny People with Adam Sandler. 

There was a scene where one of three guys who were sitting and talking about death says " When my Grandfather died there was one lone candle flickering by his bed.  We thought this was him going to heaven."  His friend says "You don't pass through fire to get to heaven.  I think he went to hell man."  I turned to my husband and said "as a matter of fact, that's exactly what you do, pass through fire."

I thought this was a very interesting quote particularly because the writer used the words "pass through" fire.

Eileen

I saw that preview as well (it looks funny by the way) and thought the exact same thing. But the world thinks everything's literal...  :D

Marques

musicman

Re: Movie preview
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 01:24:23 PM »

They're probably trying to win some sort of award for story and acting in this one because it looked a little dull.  Not exactly Happy Gilmore.  I noticed the hell comment also and was thinking the same thing ya'll were.

Remember, movies try to show their funniest lines in the previews.  If those were the comic highlights, it's probably gonna be a slow one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.