bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: when the saints come marching in  (Read 12346 times)

Sandyk

Re: when the saints come marching in
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2009, 01:29:31 AM »

This is a verse that EKnight had posted which is confusing me. 

Dan 12:2  And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting [eonian] life, and some to shame [rebuke, reproach, disgrace] and everlasting [eonian] contempt [repulsion, aversion, abhorrence].

I thought God would be all and all but it sounds like in the second part of this verse that the sinners will have everlasting contempt?  CONFUSED by this verse. 

aqrinc

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2009, 01:57:55 AM »

Dan 12:2  And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting [eonian] life, and some to shame [rebuke, reproach, disgrace] and everlasting [eonian] contempt [repulsion, aversion, abhorrence].

I thought God would be all and all but it sounds like in the second part of this verse that the sinners will have everlasting contempt?  CONFUSED by this verse. 

Hi Mickey,

RThe reason for the (bracketed) words is to show the proper translation in brackets.

ie: everlasting= (eonian)= for the age= temporary. Ray makes that distinction in all his papers and audios.

george. ;D

« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 02:00:25 AM by aqr »

Sandyk

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2009, 02:17:40 AM »

Hi Mickey,

RThe reason for the (bracketed) words is to show the proper translation in brackets.

ie: everlasting= (eonian)= for the age= temporary. Ray makes that distinction in all his papers and audios.

george.

Hey George,

Thanks for commenting, I remember Ray speaking about (eonian).  Sorry, I still don't get it.

and some to shame and everlasting (Eonian) contempt. KJV  It doesn't sound like sinners are going to experience anything but contempt for eonians (not sure if eonians is suppose to be plural.) Some to everlasting (eonian) life.  Is there an end to the eonians?  Sorry very confusing

aqrinc

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2009, 02:34:38 AM »

Hi Mickey,

george.

Hey George,

Thanks for commenting, I remember Ray speaking about (eonian).  Sorry, I still don't get it.

and some to shame and everlasting (Eonian) contempt. KJV  It doesn't sound like sinners are going to experience anything but contempt for eonians (not sure if eonians is suppose to be plural.) Some to everlasting (eonian) life.  Is there an end to the eonians?  Sorry very confusing

I see you are a new member to the forum, there is a whole lot more here to learn and really enjoy. Just settle in and read some more of Ray's papers. This information is going to seem confusing so try to read the basics first.

Here are a couple links:

Twelve Truths to Understanding His Word: http://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm and

Is everlasting Scriptural: http://bible-truths.com/aeonion.htm

george.

Sandyk

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2009, 03:03:16 AM »

Thanks George, I did read that article and several others when I first came across Ray's site about 4yrs ago, but obviously I need to read it again which I intend to do tonight.  I guess you could say I went back to living in the flesh.  Seems to me the only way to avoid living in the flesh is to stay focused on the bible.  I am very eager but seriously lack patience.

Anyway thanks for all your help.

Mickey

aqrinc

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2009, 03:21:48 AM »

Mickey,

We only want to read The Word because GOD Is Causing us to want it. Start there and everything becomes simpler, not easier just simpler. I spent the better part of my life doubting GOD'S Existence because of the contradictions in Christendom. When GOD Was Ready; it was a snap for HIM to make me see and hear things that cleared up many doubts in a few minutes.

Do not worry about your lack of patience, GOD Can and Will fix that little hiccup in HIS Own Time. Meanwhile do read those papers again and put in some serious Prayer and Bible (Scripture) time.

IN GOD And Our Lord Jesus Christ; we have our Champions, as The Scripture Says:

Rom 8: 28-31 (CLV)
28 Now we are aware that God is working all together for the good of those who are loving God, who are called according to the purpose"
29 that, whom He foreknew, He designates beforehand, also, to be conformed to the image of His Son, for Him to be Firstborn among many brethren."
30 Now whom He designates beforehand, these He calls also, and whom He calls, these He justifies also; now whom He justifies, these He glorifies also."
31 What then, shall we declare to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?

george. :)

EKnight

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2009, 12:17:40 PM »

Ray says:

1.  It is agreed that the believer/saint of God will resurrect with spiritual or glorified bodies if this are the same to reign with Christ. Now is Christ reigning physically as a person on this earth?

COMMENT:  First, Jesus IS "a person." Who would He reign as a non-person? What is a "non-person?"  Christ will reign spiritually, but that spiritual reign has many physical manifestations.  Was Jehovah a  "physical" God over Israel? It is difficult to even know what you mean by such a phrase. God is not physical, but He can and does interact with physical people. And yes, it will be on this "earth," not on some other world or plant or heavenly realm.

Kat says:

Yes Christ and the Elect will rule the earth, but as spirit beings I believe they will live in the heavenly, where Christ is now with the Father.

The above underlined has left me more confused.

Eileen

Sandyk

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2009, 12:32:59 PM »

George,

Thanks for your kind words.  You really nailed it this is my problem I want desperately to believe what I am reading but grew up as a baptist and quite frankly I thought God was terrible to let people burn in hell.  I already have little faith in mankind and don't have any faith in myself.  I have constantly through out my life made horrible decisions and committed terrible sins.  I myself can not think of a good reason why I should be saved.  

Anyway, I did not mean to get off topic, but do appreciate all of your help.

Mickey

Marky Mark

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2009, 12:40:49 PM »

Ray says:

1.  It is agreed that the believer/saint of God will resurrect with spiritual or glorified bodies if this are the same to reign with Christ. Now is Christ reigning physically as a person on this earth?

COMMENT:  First, Jesus IS "a person." Who would He reign as a non-person? What is a "non-person?"  Christ will reign spiritually, but that spiritual reign has many physical manifestations.  Was Jehovah a  "physical" God over Israel? It is difficult to even know what you mean by such a phrase. God is not physical, but He can and does interact with physical people. And yes, it will be on this "earth," not on some other world or plant or heavenly realm.

Kat says:

Yes Christ and the Elect will rule the earth, but as spirit beings I believe they will live in the heavenly, where Christ is now with the Father.

The above underlined has left me more confused.

Eileen

Eileen,

The earth is a realm just as heaven is a realm.

Just as now, the Holy Spirit of God can be of the heavenly,[our minds and hearts] so can Jesus be able to be in the heavens in the [minds and hearts] of His people while still being able to manifest Himself into the physical realm of the earth such as when he walked around after His Resurrection.

Hope this helps. :)

Peace...Mark

EKnight

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2009, 12:56:34 PM »

I'm gonna have to take some time to wrap my head around this.  It seems whenever these "resurrection" threads appear, I am completely lost.  God is making it clear to me that this is not something he needs me to understand as yet.  I just wish I knew why.

Eileen
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.