bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Rotherhams Emphasized Bible.  (Read 17922 times)

Samson

Rotherhams Emphasized Bible.
« on: April 22, 2009, 08:14:03 PM »

Hi Everyone,

I'm happy and excited to report that I just received my Hard Copy of Joseph Bryant
                 Rotherhams Emphasized Bible. Surely most of you are already familiar with this Universalist
                 Type literal translation. It's nice to finally have a Translation that doesn't have Forever,
                 Eternal and Everlasting for the Greek Word Aionios and it uses the word correction instead
                 punishment for the Greek Word Kolasin(Root Kolos). Below are some sample listings of some
                 verses that are familiar to most of us.

Matthew. 25:46 " And these shall go away into Age-abiding correction, But the righteous
                                         into Age-abiding life. "

1 Timothy. 2:3,4 " This is comely and acceptable before our Savior God, Who willeth all men
                                           to be saved And unto a personal knowledge of truth to come; "

Revelation. 20:10 " and the Adversary that had been deceiving them was cast in the lake
                                           of fire and brimstone, where were both the wild beast and the false
                                           prophet; and they shall be tormented day and night unto the ages of
                                           ages. "

Romans. 9:15,16 " For unto Moses he saith- I will have mercy upon whomever I can have
                                          mercy, And I will have compassion upon whomever I can have compassion.
                                          Hence then it is not of him that wisheth, nor of him that runneth, but
                                          of the mercy shewing God. "

Kind Regards, Samson.

meee

Re: Rotherhams Emphasized Bible.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 08:25:20 PM »

Samson,
      I received mine a few days ago and I think it just might become my favorite Bible.I got mine at amazon.com, very reasonable.
      I went through my KJV and crossed out the Spurious Scriptures supplied in the Forum indexes and info, then I did the same with the Rotherham's. It was surprising how many less I needed to remove in the Rotherham's, also the Concordant.
      meee

Samson

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 08:41:44 PM »

Samson,
      I received mine a few days ago and I think it just might become my favorite Bible.I got mine at amazon.com, very reasonable.
      I went through my KJV and crossed out the Spurious Scriptures supplied in the Forum indexes and info, then I did the same with the Rotherham's. It was surprising how many less I needed to remove in the Rotherham's, also the Concordant.
      meee

Hi Mee,

Actually, my Wife(The Freckle Girl) ordered it for me, I won't use my Bank Card over the internet,
           so I gave her the cash and she did the rest. It was $25.00 plus shipping. In regards to the Spurious
           passages, I have a printed copy of them from this Site and after looking over them, I realized that
           some these passages seem to make a big difference in understanding Scriptural Truths and others
           don't seem to influence much, just my opinion, of course.

I was wondering to myself whether I would choose Rotherham's or the Concordant Literal, but ended
           up deciding on Rotherhams. I figured after researching about the Man, his academic credentials were
           excellent, normally I don't care about a fellow's Worldly Seminary(Cemetery) backround, but I figured
           this Translation would be usefull when the opportunity arises for helping others learn some Universalist
           Truth(1 Peter. 3:15), he is well respected, even by those that don't agree with his Theology.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Sandyk

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 08:53:24 PM »

Hey, that is neat I ordered mine from amazon.com still waiting for it.  Glad to hear that you like it.  I am so looking forward to getting mine. 

daywalker

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 09:37:30 PM »

Hey Samson,

Congrads on the new Bible. I got mine [Rotherham's] a few months ago. Besides the more accurate translations of 'aionios', 'Gehenna',  'hades', etc., I love the "emphasized" style that he uses. It really brings the Scriptures 'to life' when reading it.

I, too, debated on purchasing a Concordant, because, so far, I find it to be the most accurate [not perfect, just most accurate] translation, but the hassle of having to buy it in sections persuaded me to purchase the Rotherham's instead, because I really wanted the entire bible, rather than just the New Testament, plus, plus...

Besides, I have the Concordant, along with Rotherham's, Young's and The Emphatic Diaglott all on eSword.

Once again, Congrads! You'll love it!  ;D

- Daywalker.

Marlene

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 11:49:34 PM »

I just got my Rotherhams Emphasized Bible. Is anyone having trouble reading it. Mine the print is rather small. I bought me a 2X 4X ,Magnifier. Maybe it is my age. LOL But, I really love it.

In His Love,
Marlene

Samson

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 01:18:42 AM »

I just got my Rotherhams Emphasized Bible. Is anyone having trouble reading it. Mine the print is rather small. I bought me a 2X 4X ,Magnifier. Maybe it is my age. LOL But, I really love it.

In His Love,
Marlene

Marlene,

No, it's not you, the print is small and maybe your reading eyes are bad too, just like me. You'll have
            to use your reading glasses, just like me.  ;) I noticed he translates the Greek word Angelos Messenger
            in all instances of the New Testament and states it's more in harmony with it's Hebrew equivalent Malak;
            this is fully explained in the Appendix in the back.

Kind Regards, Samson.

daywalker

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 01:07:57 PM »

In His Love,
Marlene

Marlene,

No, it's not you, the print is small and maybe your reading eyes are bad too, just like me. You'll have
            to use your reading glasses, just like me.  ;) I noticed he translates the Greek word Angelos Messenger
            in all instances of the New Testament and states it's more in harmony with it's Hebrew equivalent Malak;
            this is fully explained in the Appendix in the back.

Kind Regards, Samson.

BTW: If you haven't done so already, I highly recommend reading the Introduction, as it explains Rotherham's style of translating and helps understand how to read it with all the |'s and ||'s and < >, etc.

Also, I really enjoyed the comments on Genesis 1, as it explains how it is very possible and logical that the Creation days were not 24-hr days, and such.

All-in-All a great translation.  ;)

- Daywalker.

EKnight

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 01:43:18 PM »

I just ordered one from Amazon!!!  I'm so excited.

Eileen

meee

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 02:49:31 PM »

Also, I really enjoyed the comments on Genesis 1, as it explains how it is very possible and logical that the Creation days were not 24-hr days, and such.

All-in-All a great translation.  ;)

- Daywalker.
[/quote]

Yea isn't that neat!? Or should I say cool, I'm showing my age with "neat"
 I'd write it all here, but there's too much and I'm not a fast typer.

Ninny

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 03:00:39 PM »

Okay you guys I'm getting ready to order mine!! I'm such a copycat!!  ;D
Kathy ;)

EKnight

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 09:22:10 PM »

I just ordered mine today and I have already received notification that it's been shipped.  I didn't pay extra for shipping.  Just standard.  Hmmmm.

Eileen

Sandyk

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2009, 09:52:06 PM »

Eileen,

Wow, you got lucky.  I ordered mine from amazon.com on 4/16/2009 and it wasn't shipped until 04/21/2009 with a message saying it should arrive in 5 to 14 business days but could be as long as 21 days. 

EKnight

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 10:20:02 PM »

Estimated delivery date is 4/29 but I bet it's here before that. :) :)

Eileen

kenny

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2009, 01:24:08 AM »

Hey have any of you guys ever heard of the Recovery Bible, It seems some one from streams ministry sent me one. I havent opened it up yet (scared that there might be a Latterday Saint in it) Just kidding, but i will check it out this weekend

Sandyk

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 03:35:18 PM »

Hey Everyone,

I would like to know if anyone would be interested in buying Rotherhams Emphasized Bible.  I will be glad to ship it before receiving payment.  I think it cost about 29.00 with shipping.  If I could get $25.00 for it that would be great.  I haven't received it yet but should receive soon.  If anyone is interested let me know.

Sandyk

daywalker

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 03:40:05 PM »

Hey Everyone,

I would like to know if anyone would be interested in buying Rotherhams Emphasized Bible.  I will be glad to ship it before receiving payment.  I think it cost about 29.00 with shipping.  If I could get $25.00 for it that would be great.  I haven't received it yet but should receive soon.  If anyone is interested let me know.

Sandyk

Why are you selling it? Just curious

Sandyk

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 03:50:52 PM »

I have decided that I don't want it.  If you are interested I have a paypal acct.

Sandyk

Amrhrasach

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2009, 04:53:47 PM »

I've had the Rotherham's now for about 2 months and it has become my 1st companion favorite.  I still reference my study bible of 4 different translations and also the KJ red letter bible also, but I don't find the Rotherham's necessarily hard to read.   Having said that, yes, the print is small and on my research about the edition one of the most noted complaints was the smaller print-hard to read.   So it isn't your eyes necessarily.   I don't even mind tugging that big thing around out in the pasture when I'm checking on the horses.   

Gary

Marlene

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2009, 04:59:00 PM »

I really like mine too. But, I am a diabetic so I probably need my glasses changed. But, it is an awesome Bible.

In His Love,
Marlene
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.