bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Money  (Read 4662 times)

cudamanfl

Money
« on: June 06, 2006, 10:05:48 PM »

I have a question... Is it acceptable for a believer to invest in stocks, bonds, mutual funds, CD's, etc?  Anyone have insight into this issue?  Thanks...

Dean

mercie

Re: Money
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 10:16:57 PM »

Quote from: cudamanfl
I have a question... Is it acceptable for a believer to invest in stocks, bonds, mutual funds, CD's, etc?  Anyone have insight into this issue?  Thanks...

Dean

Why Not

your Money.

Ive read this.

1Ti 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows

Money can be translated as avarice.

Which can also mean Covet.\greed

Maybe a Better translation, others here will sure know more.

Could be the Love of the Self.?

Where as the love of Us has to die , so the spirit can Live.

To be Rooted In Christ our Lord , and not of the self.

Many in the past had great wealth , where was the sin?

That which is Not of Faith is Sin., not of Money or wealth.

chrissiela

Money
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 10:17:37 PM »

Hi Dean!! Welcome!!

I, myself, am lucky to be able to pay my mortgage from month to month.  :lol:  :lol:  But if God has blessed you with the means to be able to invest, then I dont' see anything wrong with it, so long as it's not a "money-god" that you are worshpping, in doing so... if you know what I mean.  :wink:

So long as your 'true' treasures are layed up in heaven, I can't see anything wrong with investing money that you have to invest.... and so long as it's not to the exclusion of 'investing' in other things.... (taking care of your family and the needs of others, as time and ability and even perhaps finances permit).

Chrissie

gmik

money
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 10:43:56 PM »

hi.  God wants us to be good stewards. Also  many jobs put money into a 401 b or whatever.  

Isn't it "money is A root of evil" not THE root?

Daniel

Money
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 10:50:51 PM »

Isnt it the LOVE OF money the ROOT of it? :lol:

Is that what you were trying to say G?

Daniel

chrissiela

Money
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 10:54:05 PM »

1Ti 6:10  For
the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.[/list:u]

It doesn't distinguish it in the Strong's.... only the word for (a) "root" is given.

But it's not the "money" that is the problem.... but THE LOVE OF it that is?  :shock:

Chrissie

chrissiela

Money
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 10:55:22 PM »

other translations (some do have "a" instead of "the")

1Ti 6:10

(ASV)  For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil: which some reaching after have been led astray from the faith, and have pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

(CLV) For a root of all of the evils is the fondness for money, which some, craving, were led astray from the faith and try themselves on all sides with much pain."

(ISV)  For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, in their eagerness to get rich, have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with much pain.

(KJV)  For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

(KJV+)  For1063 the3588 love of money5365 is2076 the root4491 of all3956 evil:2556 which3739 while some5100 coveted after,3713 they have erred635 from575 the3588 faith,4102 and2532 pierced themselves through4044, 1438 with many4183 sorrows.3601

(KJV-1611)  For the loue of money is the root of all euill, which while some coueted after, they haue erred from the faith, and pierced themselues through with many sorrowes.

(LITV)  For the love of money is a root of all evils, by means of which some having lusted after it were seduced from the faith, and they themselves pierced through by many pains.

(YLT)  for a root of all the evils is the love of money, which certain longing for did go astray from the faith, and themselves did pierce through with many sorrows;
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 17 queries.