bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Adam=Good and apparently Eve=Evil?  (Read 9891 times)

Sandyk

Adam=Good and apparently Eve=Evil?
« on: April 25, 2009, 01:52:06 AM »

Hey Everyone,

First off, I don't want to offend anyone with this post though I am offended by the following verses below.    Makes me wonder how many women have read the Bible when you hear scriptures regarding women in the Bible.   

I Corinthians 14;34  Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak;but they are to be submissive, as the law also says.

I Corinthians 14;35  And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for women to speak in church. 

I Corinthians 7;13  But if any man thinks he is behaving improperly toward his virgin, if she is past the flower of youth, and thus it must be, let him do what he wishes.  He does not sin; let them marry.  [/color] Timothy I  2;11  Let a woman learn in silence with all submission.

Timothy I  2;12  And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence. 

Timothy I  2;14  And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression. 
(Excuse me, were they not both deceived Eve by the serpent and Adam by Eve? This was God's plan all along why punish women for this and not men as well? 

There are no female disciples or apostles.  It seems to me God is clearly stating that women are less valuable than men.  Actually, does say women are weaker.  Which explains all the sexism in the world today.   

Really, how are men suppose to respect women when in the Bible God does not consider them equal. Are we (women) not part of Adam who is made in the image of God, which in turn would make us also the image of God?

A virgin does not receive pleasure in sex just the man.  Child birth is also painful for women just like he said it would be.  No such pain is inflicted on Adam.

1 John 2:13, John says, "I write to you, fathers, because you have known him who is from the beginning. I write to you, young men, because you have overcome the evil one. I write to you, dear children, because you have known the Father." No mention is made of women.

Ephesians 5:22-24  Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

This is what we (women) get.  Its no wonder women suffer so much today.  I guess this is also why men can only rape women and not vice versa.  Sure, women have molested boys but a woman can not rape a man.   

God, is pretty much saying we are slaves to men. 

Good (Adam) Evil (Eve) or should I say Man=Good and Woman=Evil.  I am guessing this is how God came up with the name Eve short for evil. I guess Adam is short for Adamant (very hard native crystalline carbon valued as a gem).  Synonyms: diamond. (English) Actually, I know the real definitions in Hebrew but these fit just as well. 

To be honest it sounds like the Bible was composed by a bunch of sexist men. 

I am sure the men are not going to like this but hey God says that you are supreme to women so I am sure you will get over it because I am just a weak women who cares what I have to say.  As far as God is concerned I should just shut my mouth and submit.

I am pretty sure the few verses that I mentioned are not parables, but I am up for constructive critism.  If anyone has any logical reason why I should not feel so offended by God's all knowing plan for women on this earth?   

Sandyk

aqrinc

Re: Adam=Good and apparently Eve=Evil?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 03:51:38 AM »

Hi Sandyk,

Maybe a reading from this translation can clear up some of your questions. I am researching as i type so this is a first installment of my attempt to answer from The Scriptures. Trying to stay in the order of your questions so here goes, but notice that this is dealing with married couples. Also if you read 1st Cor: 7 1-21 first you get a better context of this book.

More to come as soon as i am able to get the information together. These are from (The Weymouth NT 1912)

1Co 14: 34-35 (WNT)
34  Let married women be silent in the Churches, for they are not permitted to speak. They must be content with a subordinate place, as the Law also says;
35  and if they wish to ask questions, they should ask their own husbands at home. For it is disgraceful (unbecomingjmnt, inappropriateisv) for a married woman to speak (preach or teach) at a Church assembly.

1Co 7: 1-21 (WNT)
1  I now deal with the subjects mentioned in your letter. It is well for a man to abstain altogether from marriage.
2  But because there is so much fornication every man should have a wife of his own, and every woman should have a husband.
3  Let a man pay his wife her due, and let a woman also pay her husband his.
4  A married woman is not mistress of her own person: her husband has certain rights. In the same way a married man is not master of his own person: his wife has certain rights.
5  Do not refuse one another, unless perhaps it is just for a time and by mutual consent, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer and may then associate again; lest the Adversary begin to tempt you because of your deficiency in self-control.
6  Thus much in the way of concession, not of command.
7  Yet I would that everybody lived as I do; but each of us has his own special gift from God--one in one direction and one in another.
8  But I tell the unmarried, and women who are widows, that it is well for them to remain as I am.
9  If, however, they cannot maintain self-control, by all means let them marry; for marriage is better than the fever of passion.
10  But to those already married my instructions are--yet not mine, but the Lord's--that a wife is not to leave her husband;
11  or if she has already left him, let her either remain as she is or be reconciled to him; and that a husband is not to send away his wife.
12  To the rest it is I who speak--not the Lord. If a brother has a wife who is an unbeliever, and she consents to live with him, let him not send her away.
13  And a woman who has an unbelieving husband--if he consents to live with her, let her not separate from him.
14  For, in such cases, the unbelieving husband has become--and is--holy through union with a Christian woman, and the unbelieving wife is holy through union with a Christian brother. Otherwise your children would be unholy, but in reality they have a place among God's people.
15  If, however, the unbeliever is determined to leave, let him or her do so. Under such circumstances the Christian man or woman is no slave; God has called us to live lives of peace.
16  For what assurance have you, O woman, as to whether you will save your husband? Or what assurance have you, O man, as to whether you will save your wife?
17  Only, whatever be the condition in life which the Lord has assigned to each individual--and whatever the condition in which he was living when God called him--in that let him continue.
18  This is what I command in all the Churches. Was any one already circumcised when called? Let him not have recourse to the surgeons. Was any one uncircumcised when called? Let him remain uncircumcised.
19  Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing: obedience to God's commandments is everything.
20  Whatever be the condition in life in which a man was, when he was called, in that let him continue.
21  Were you a slave when God called you? Let not that weigh on your mind. And yet if you can get your freedom, take advantage of the opportunity.

Please read all below to get a better context of the verses you picked out. There is a whole lot of information on these subjects both on the forum and in Rays papers. It does take a large helping of study and Prayer to gain the understanding you are looking for.

1st Tim:2 8-15 (Rotherhams)
8 I am minded, therefore, that—the men in every place be offering prayer, uplifting hands of lovingkindness, apart from anger and disputings;
9 In the same way, that, the women, in seemly attire, with modesty and sober-mindedness, be adorning themselves,—not with plaitings and ornamentation of gold, or with pearls, or with costly apparel,—
10 But, which becometh women promising godliness, through means of good works.
11 Let, a woman, in quietness, be learning in all submission;
12 But, teaching—unto a woman, I do not permit, nor yet to have authority over a man, (husband) —but to be in quietness;
13 For, Adam, first was formed, then Eve,
14 And, Adam, was not deceived, whereas, the woman, having been wholly deceived, hath come to be, in transgression;
15 She shall be saved, however, through means of the child-bearing,—if they abide in faith, and love, and holiness, with sobermindedness. Faithful, the saying.

2Ti 3: 16-17 (KJV)
16  All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17  That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

george. :-\

« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 02:28:13 PM by aqr »

judith collier

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 05:56:06 AM »

Sandyk, if God called us women, called as in conversion, well, speak of what you hear from God, I guess just don't do it in church. Isn't there something in Isaiah that talks about in the latter days God would pour out His spirit on His daughters. I think so! It is hard to rationalize with men as we are different. Many men have an innate sense of what is going on and I know I have been deceived by them and other situations in my younger days. I also know I get further when I shut my mouth. Perhaps somehow God means this as protection for us as he knows the type of evil men have. But I also know and this by experience that God is Spirit and He is Love Itself. And He loved me as much as he ever loved any man. He is a consuming fire that does not burn the body.  There is no difference in Christ as far as His love goes, so take heart in this and enjoy your relationship with Him. Judy

walt123

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 09:16:18 AM »

Hi sandyk

I was just listening to this audio on the road  this morning and was thinking it might be helpful
to your question.
http://bible-truths.com/audio/9-2-06MobileConf.2.mp3

Walt.

cherokee

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 09:41:23 AM »

Hey Sandyk,

Here is a link to Ray's audio "Esther-The Destiny Of Woman" that should help.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5506.0.html

Here is a link to the transcript that Kat did of the audio.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5506.0.html

Suzie

« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 09:45:24 AM by cherokee »

Marky Mark

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 01:54:41 PM »

Hey Everyone,

First off, I don't want to offend anyone with this post though I am offended by the following verses below.    Makes me wonder how many women have read the Bible when you hear scriptures regarding women in the Bible.   

I Corinthians 14;34  Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak;but they are to be submissive, as the law also says.

I Corinthians 14;35  And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for women to speak in church. 

I Corinthians 7;13  But if any man thinks he is behaving improperly toward his virgin, if she is past the flower of youth, and thus it must be, let him do what he wishes.  He does not sin; let them marry.  [/color] Timothy I  2;11  Let a woman learn in silence with all submission.

Timothy I  2;12  And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence. 

Timothy I  2;14  And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression. 
(Excuse me, were they not both deceived Eve by the serpent and Adam by Eve? This was God's plan all along why punish women for this and not men as well? 

There are no female disciples or apostles.  It seems to me God is clearly stating that women are less valuable than men.  Actually, does say women are weaker.  Which explains all the sexism in the world today.   

Really, how are men suppose to respect women when in the Bible God does not consider them equal. Are we (women) not part of Adam who is made in the image of God, which in turn would make us also the image of God?

A virgin does not receive pleasure in sex just the man.  Child birth is also painful for women just like he said it would be.  No such pain is inflicted on Adam.

1 John 2:13, John says, "I write to you, fathers, because you have known him who is from the beginning. I write to you, young men, because you have overcome the evil one. I write to you, dear children, because you have known the Father." No mention is made of women.

Ephesians 5:22-24  Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

This is what we (women) get.  Its no wonder women suffer so much today.  I guess this is also why men can only rape women and not vice versa.  Sure, women have molested boys but a woman can not rape a man.   

God, is pretty much saying we are slaves to men. 

Good (Adam) Evil (Eve) or should I say Man=Good and Woman=Evil.  I am guessing this is how God came up with the name Eve short for evil. I guess Adam is short for Adamant (very hard native crystalline carbon valued as a gem).  Synonyms: diamond. (English) Actually, I know the real definitions in Hebrew but these fit just as well. 

I am sure the men are not going to like this but hey God says that you are supreme to women so I am sure you will get over it because I am just a weak women who cares what I have to say.  As far as God is concerned I should just shut my mouth and submit.

I am pretty sure the few verses that I mentioned are not parables, but I am up for constructive critism.  If anyone has any logical reason why I should not feel so offended by God's all knowing plan for women on this earth?   

Sandyk

Scripture was inspired by the Word of God,not men.

Sandyk

Luke 14
11 For every one that exalts himself shall be humbled, and he that humbles himself shall be exalted.

1 Peter 3
7 Husbands, likewise, dwell according to knowledge with the feminine as the weaker vessel, bestowing honor as on those that are also heirs with you of the grace of life, that your prayers be not hindered.

Philippians 1
9 And I pray for this, that your love may abound yet more and more in all knowledge and understanding, 10 that you prove the things that are excellent, that you may be pure and without offense to the day of Christ,

1 Corinthians 13
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.

2 And though I have prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

3 And though I give all my goods away in food, and though I deliver up my body that I may be burned, but have not love, I am profited nothing.

4 Love suffers long, is kind; love: envies not; love is not boastful, is not puffed up;

5 does not behave itself improperly, seeks not her own, is not provoked, charges not the evil,

6 rejoices not in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth:

7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never fails; but whether prophecies, they shall come to naught: or tongues, they shall; cease; or knowledge, it shall come to naught.

9 But we know in part, and we prophesy in part:

10 when, however, the perfect has come, that; in part shall come to naught.

11 When I was a child, I talked as a child, I thought as a child, I reasoned as a child: when I became a man, I put away the things of a child.

12 For now we see by means of a mirror in an enigma, but then face to face: now I know in part, but then I shall know even as I was known.

13 And now abides faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

In Peace and Understanding...Mark

meee

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 02:04:53 PM »

Hi Sandy,
                I'm not offended at all by your post. But, as a woman I neither am offended by the Scriptures .
                I haven't had good men in my life, starting with my dad that would beat us. He pleasured in making a leather strap, that had strips of leather ,so when it hit, it lashed more than once.
                Before marrying, the men I found were only after one thing, it seemed to me.
               My husband is kind,loving and tries to be good.  But, I would love for him to take some control in our family. It's all pretty much been left up to me to raise the kids and ,paying the bills, being in control of our finances. I would love for him to take the responsibility from me.
                He has led, in where he wants to attend church though, which I followed for years.
               For me, I see that though God is no respecter of persons, we are made a bit different and women tend to lead with their heart and so maybe, God in His wisdom, put men over us for our help, not to hurt us. Now, some can take it all wrong and they want to hurt us, but that isn't God's doing, it is carnal mans.
               I believe God and know He loves me and has called me, in that, I am no differant than when He loves and calls a man. To me that is the most important thing. It's not like He made me and then because I'm a woman, He doesn't want anything to do with me.  No, He drags me to Himself and says come to me, I love you and want you with me!
               I cherish that!
              Sandy, please P M me, if you want to talk,
                       much love,meee { Terry }
               PM me if you need to talk.

Sandyk

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 04:39:26 PM »

Rodger, good to see you back in prime time.  :)

Peace...Mark

Sandyk

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 05:09:08 PM »

Peace...Mark

Mark,

Thanks, Out of everything I have read Ray's theory seems more logical to me than any thing else I have read or heard.  I just really don't see my purpose here on earth thats what I am searching for.  I really feel like I am losing it.  I feel delusional at this point because I am just not sure of anything anymore.  My logical mind is saying no way and that I must be losing my mind.  My spirit or what ever you want to call it will not let go.  I can not quit thinking and reading about GOD and the BIBLE.

Sandyk

Marlene

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 05:38:28 PM »

Sandy, I will tell you this. After, finding Ray's website I pray more. I read the Bible more. I cannot get enough of it. Be patient with God he will help you to understand his truths. I know, my spirit was hit with all kinds of questions.  There are some really nice people who are willing to help you. But, the best advice right now is what Rodger gave you. That, is to read Ray's articles over ande over. I have been reading the Sermon On The Mount Is For You

Why? God caused me to need to read it. I am trying to learn more about the fruits of the spirit. Believe me I know and others know. When, I first joined Rodger welcomed me and told me I would find all  kinds of things coming at my spirit. You are welcome to PM me and discuss what is coming at you. If, I cannot help, but believe me God has been teaching me alot lately. In my Spirit, I am learning to discern what Spirit is coming to me. God or something in me or the adversary.

Beloved, gave me good advice read read read.  Its good when we get topics in here because that is another way to learn. But, then again it goes back again to Ray's teaching which is Gods truth.  George(AGR) his post (Kat)post Rodgers  So, many to mention without typing all there names. Then the ones like Kathy who God gives her the gift of wanting prayer for others and giving prayer for others. You don't have to be afraid to ask they love us. We are family. Eileen ask questions. I see her as humble to show her vlunerability.

Just remember we are all in this together we are family. If, ever I can help let me know.

In His Love,
Marlene

Marky Mark

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2009, 06:05:00 PM »

Mark,
Thanks, Out of everything I have read Ray's theory seems more logical to me than any thing else I have read or heard.  I just really don't see my purpose here on earth thats what I am searching for.  I really feel like I am losing it.  I feel delusional at this point because I am just not sure of anything anymore.  My logical mind is saying no way and that I must be losing my mind.  My spirit or what ever you want to call it will not let go.  I can not quit thinking and reading about GOD and the BIBLE.

Sandyk

I just really don't see my purpose here on earth thats what I am searching for.

Sandyk,an email to Ray,hope it helps. :)

If God would save everyone, because that's His will, then what's the point of all this. I mean with what I have read I get the impression we are just here for ... I don't know ?

Why would God, who needs nothing and is self sufficient, create us, the human race, who He knows are going to do the things we do, then save us all for eternity? Why wouldn't He just make us for what He purposed in the end. I don't know if this makes sense?

Charles

[Ray Replies]

Dear Charles:

Of course your question makes sense--it is an excellent question. Too bad that the Christian Church does not answer it.

God is SPIRIT. God is interested ONLY in spiritual things. All this physical creation is not something that God takes great pleasure in--it is but a means to an end. Well, what does He want then? He wants CHILDREN! SPIRITUAL Sons and Daughters in HIS VERY IMAGE!

But, how does He get them? Create them? Yes, CREATE them. But how does He create them. Instantly? No. To be in the IMAGE of God means that we will have the very same CHARACTER AND LOVE of God. Character and Love cannot be created instantly; it can only be developed over a period of time under severe pressure and duress.  And so God creates severe pressure and duress, which produces GODLY CHARACTER.  Imagine creating "patience," INSTANTLY?  Why the very thought is self-contradicting. Patience by its very nature means that something must be WAITED FOR even though it is desired NOW.

God knows what He is doing. Now then, there is a second part to all this. We ourselves would never ever really appreciate the qualities of character, virtue, and love, that we will possess if we did not have to "sweat blood" to get them. There is no virtue that you can name that is not the result of overcoming some form of evil.  And so this physical, human, temporal existence is as beneficial for US, and it is to GOD.

Hope this helps your understanding a little better.

God be with you,

Ray

I can not quit thinking and reading about GOD and the BIBLE.

Well that is a good thing cause neither can I,and I would bet everyone else here at the forums also .;) 8)

Peace...Mark

« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 06:11:54 PM by Marky Mark »

daywalker

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2009, 06:34:23 PM »

Peace...Mark

Mark,

Thanks, Out of everything I have read Ray's theory seems more logical to me than any thing else I have read or heard.  I just really don't see my purpose here on earth thats what I am searching for.  I really feel like I am losing it.  I feel delusional at this point because I am just not sure of anything anymore.  My logical mind is saying no way and that I must be losing my mind.  My spirit or what ever you want to call it will not let go.  I can not quit thinking and reading about GOD and the BIBLE.

Sandyk

Hello Sandyk,

Believe me when I say that we all understand how you are feeling [though, I won't say "exactly" how you are feeling, as we are all individuals, and deal with things differently...] but as far as the confusion and frustration that comes with "unlearning" what the Church has taught us, and "re-learning" everything we thought we know, we here get it. And I believe it's safe to say that you don't have to worry about people casting judgment upon you here, as we are all aware of the dangers of doing so:

Matthew 7:1 "Do not judge, lest you may be judged,
2 for with what judgment you are judging, shall you be judged, and with what measure you are measuring, shall it be measured to you.

Suzie already recommended reading/listening to Ray's Study "Destiny of Woman". I would second that. Also, would read the book of Esther in the Old Testament [which is what Ray covers].

It does seem [outwardly, at first glance] that God puts a 'shame' on women, but that couldn't be further from the Truth. But, just like a hidden treasure, the answer to this riddle must be searched for and dug out. Everything in this physical life has a spiritual 'counterpart'. There's a reason for everything that exists, and a reason why everything operates as it does.

But to counter some false teachings: Man does not have the "authority" over women, in that he can do whatever he wants and get away with it. God puts the husband in charge of his household, and therefore the husband is responsible for taking care of his household, as well as he is responsible for the actions of his household. That would obviously include his wife. The husband is responsible for the actions of his wife, and the rest of his household. But he does not have the "right" or "authority" over her to do harm toward her, or any wicked sins that some claim the man has over a woman!

Rather it's the opposite:

I Timothy 5:8 Now if anyone is not providing for his own, and especially his family, he has disowned the faith, and is worse than an unbeliever." [to be called "worse than an unbeliever" surely is the ultimate condemnation, I'd say]

Evil people love to twist the Scriptures to justify their actions. Those people will be dealt with accordingly.

I Corinthians 11:1 Become imitators of me, according as I also am of Christ."
2 Now I am applauding you that you remember all of mine, and are retaining the traditions according as I give them over to you."
3 Now I want you to be aware that the Head of every man is Christ, yet the head of the woman is the man, yet the Head of Christ is God."

Men do not have any authority over women, other than what Christ has over all of us. Husbands are to treat their wives the same way Christ does, with LOVE, HUMILITY, COMPASSION, MERCY. If we do not do this, then we will be held accountable.

I pray God will help clear this up for you. The last thing He wants is for you to feel unimportant. You are not.

Daywalker.  ;D

Amrhrasach

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2009, 11:50:58 PM »

Peace...Mark

Mark,

Sandyk

SandyK, I understand your position.   I would bet that there are a few others on this forum (and not on this forum but reading only and never posting that do also).   

Patience.....patience......patience, SandyK.   

You mentioned YOUR spirit, and/but then you said "will not let go".   I (perhaps others) may questions who's spirit may be in question in your statement. It could be the "spirit" that you speak of is not your spirit but the Holy Spirit who will not let go.   I'm uncertain your distance of time with BT and Ray's teachings, but, Ray himself says many times that the idols that we've become accustomed will be upset in the balance of learning "truth".   Perhaps that is the growth spurt you are going through.  Only God knows at this time.   As Ray and many on this forum know (now) and believe, we all have our purpose.  God's grandeur plan, you're included, as are all be-it they realize at this point or future sense.   So, if you find yourself thinking of only God and his word don't think it so strange.  I'm reminded of this verse:

1Pe 4:12  Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

SandyK, stay steady, stay focused, good ahead.

Best to you.

Gary

jassy

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 09:12:06 AM »

Mark,

Sandyk

Hi Sandyk,

Dont know your situation, but do know you in a hard place at the moment. I suspect a lot of women have looked at those scriptures and grew horns at some stage in their lives.

You have two gems on this forum who answered you. Terry and Judy. Speak to them while you are in this place. Its women like them who pulled me through hard times. I have one ruby who has had seven children and her husband( who I love dearly) is a control freak. That gentle soul who by the way is looked at with contempt by a lot females for her submissiveness is a delight to me.
She knows that her man relies on her, without her he is lost. Had she tried to gain the upper hand or given up at any point that family would have imploded. Through her strength he was an outstanding father of six sons and a daughter.

My diamond in my collection is my sister, her husband left her for another woman at 33. She had two baby girls. At no point did I ever hear her run down her ex or men to her girls. She could of, times were very hard, but she did not. and those girls have happy marriages.

Why do think the serpent first approached Eve? Because she was weaker and more prone to doing evil? No, I dont think so. To destroy the family unit and the fabric of society you first have to subvert mans helpmate. You have no idea how powerfull your influence as a woman actually is. We are the stabilising factor, the quiet strength, the moral compass of children.
To whom much is given, much is expected and God expects a lot from his daughters. Dont listen to the media, who portray women as sexual predators, Godzillas who are smarter, stronger and meaner in the workplace or conversely, victims who get beaten down.

You are important to His plan, because you are here on earth. A woman does not get medals, accolades and limelight on earth for being a good wife, daughter, mother,sister or friend. But if she does all these things well, using scriptural guidelines,society is healthy and strong.
Think about it, If you were trying to destroy mankind, would not women be your first target?

[/quote]

Ricky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009, 10:07:26 AM »

Hello Sandyk,  I can only see this one way. Adam was around for a long time with God by himself. God loved Adam so much that He gave him a gift, the most precious gift in all of creation, You, a women. Try to realized who and what you really are and mean to God and man. If men were not men, women would have no use for them.
        Ricky
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

EKnight

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2009, 01:40:48 PM »

Sandyk,

I think Jassy wrote some beautiful things regarding women.  And like Mee, I wish my husband would take a little more control over some of our family affairs (and maybe he would if I were not such a control freak).  And like ricky said, we are gifts to men and God's natural vessel to the continuation of humanity. 

It has been a privilege to be a vehicle for the miracle of natural creation.  Giving birth, albeit painful, is to me a shadow of life itself.  Suffering gives way to perfection as is God's ultimate purpose/plan.

I understand your concerns in what you've read in the bible concerning women, but this is the carnal mind which cannot conceive the spiritual message and allow us to rest in God.  Please don't give up because once you overcome the carnal perception of these spiritual messages, everything else falls into place and you will be uplifted.

Eileen

Marlene

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2009, 03:52:59 PM »

Eileen for sure wanting to control is a hard one. It is an everyday battle. God, is trying to get it in my head that not everyone wants to hear about the truths I  have been led too. So, I am trying to learn not to beat up anyon e with them. Babylon beats everyone up trying to tell them they are going to Hell if they do not believe in God . The try to force them to believe in God. I am learning if God wants to use me he will let me know. But, living in the home and not wanting to share all my joy is hard.  Its hard to let go and let God. We have no control over anything. Its all make believe. So, we all have our battles and sharing helps us.

Thanks, Eileen for sharing.

In His Love,
Marlene
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 03:55:15 PM by Marlene »

gmik

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2009, 04:39:25 PM »

Last nite I went to see a high school production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. (I recommend that play!)

Anyhow not to be trite, but a line jumped out and I remembered this thread.  Joseph is in jail and doesn't understand but doesn't question God about it and trusts Him...the last line of the song...but I know the answers lie not in this world.

I think that is so Key.....How can we puny beings attempt to vainly think we can understand the workings of the "Ancient of Days"??  He has planned from before the beginning, He sees all the angles and how they weave together and we won't know perfectly until we see Him as He is and We all are all in all.

Of course God loves women!  Lets love one another-thats the big job- and don't worry about the small stuff.

No disrespect at all SandyK this thread has been great and I have gotten a lot out of it (I just don't want you to get mad at God and well, you know...)

Linny

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2009, 08:36:22 PM »

Hi Sandy,
I think you may have been deceived regarding how God feels about us females.  I once was myself. But interestingly, I found the coolest writing just YESTERDAY that may have been for you as well!
In one of his articles, this guy talks about just how different God's ways toward women were compared to the culture of the time. He gave many examples from the Bible, OT included. He especially discussed how Jesus broke many cultural rules to show us how much we are loved.

One quick example, "- Local Jewish culture stressed that the place of the woman was about domestic matters rather than spiritual ones. Yet in the incident of Martha and Mary, Christ commended Mary for neglecting her domestic duties in order to concern herself with spiritual development (Lk.10:38-42). She sat at his feet, as if a student at the feet of a rabbi. When we read that Mary sat at the Lord’s feet (Lk. 10:39), it’s easy to forget that to sit at the feet of a Rabbi [and the Lord was called ‘Rabbi’] meant to be a disciple of that Rabbi. And women… couldn’t be disciples of a Rabbi. It was all radical stuff."

If you would be interested in reading over it, just pm me and I will be happy to get it to you. It is on another teaching site so I can't give it here.
By the way, any of you interested can pm me about it.

Blessings,
Lin

Sandyk

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 01:37:31 AM »

Hi Lin,

I read your reply to my post very enlightening.  I would love to read the writing you came across. 

Thanks

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 19 queries.