bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Evil and the Single eye  (Read 7242 times)

Deborah-Leigh

The Evil and the Single eye
« on: April 26, 2009, 05:18:32 AM »

WHEN LIGHT IS DARKNESS

"The light of the body is the eye: if therefore, your eye be single, your whole body shall be full of light. But if your eye be evil, your whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the LIGHT that be in you is DARKNESS, how great is that darkness!" (Matt. 6:22-23).
http://bible-truths.com/fools.htm

How can a eye that is SINGLE produce a body full of light and an eye that is EVIL produce a body full of darkness? How does single relate to EVIL?

ONE GIANT PARABLE 

The more I teach the more simple I’m going to make this Bible.  It’s all one thing.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5312.0.html

ITS ALL ONE THING!

John 17 : 17 "...Thy Word is Truth." 

You have to worship Him according to the Scriptures, because it's true. I found this to be interesting, John says, Your Word is truth, and in the OT in Isaiah 8 it says:

Isa 8 : 20 To the Law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this Word, it is because NO LIGHT IS IN THEM.
(Caps mine.)

Gods Word is Truth not Truths or Words. The Scripture does not say Gods words (plural) are truths ( plural)

There is no light in them who believe in many words and not THE WORD of God that is Christ. The worldly believe in self plus God that makes two not ONE. The unregenerate mind believes in itself and practises beliefs and words that lend themselves to encouragement in belief in in self determinism, free moral agency, independence from God and self righteousness. 

Psalm 51 : 17
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and contrite heart, O God, You will not despise.

The soul that has come to an end of itself that  is purged of independence, all self-will, all self-righteousness and is turned to solely trust in God not in its own merits, but only in God is the work of God in His children. This work of God hurts the flesh and the self will of the delusional mind. God in His Wisdom and Mercy knows just how to produce the brokenness and contrite heart that comes to the end of its self and cries to God as the last resort. God knows how to use precisely the correct degree of pressure and pain to bring a person to that valley of death of self. to achieve HIS Plan and Purpose to make us into the image of His Son.

Before we reach this experience we dally in many feel good wisdom's of the world that make merchandise of Gods Word.  The world if full of platitudes that appease all too briefly, the deep hurts of our souls in our creators hands as He purges out our self reliance and our dependence for approval of our mortal idols that are being overturned to be replaced by Christ on His Throne in the centre of our lives and being.

This experience of God working in our lives is not an academic one. It is a real life experience that can directly relate to many personalities who have gone before us in the Old Testament and New.

1 Cor 8  : 4-6  So then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: WE KNOW that an idol is nothing at all in the world and that THERE IS NO GOD BUT ONE. 5. For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, yet FOR US THERE IS BUT ONE GOD, The Father, from Whom ALL THINGS CAME  and for whom we live; and THERE IS BUT ONE LORD JESUS CHIRST, through whom all things came and through whom we live.7. BUT NOT EVERYONE KNOWS THIS.

If a person believes in free will, self determination, independence from God and self righteousness, then that person suffers from the stout and arrogant heart that will see not ONE God from Whom ALL THINGS COME, but will see a war between good and evil with no light in them and bound in that darkness that Jesus described as ..."how great is that darkness!"

Jesus said Mk  12 : 29 The first of all the commandments is , " Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord.

The wicked heart or eye believes and fears that God is the one who is outpowered by many demons. Such error promotes superstitions, fears and corruption that give rise to lusts and desires that spring from delusion. Ehp 4 : 22

It is delusion that we all need to be healed from. Delusion is a sickness that defies reason and rejects truth. Our Salvation is our Healing that only the Spirit of Christ can cause, create and give.

"Salvation" was never part of the New Testament Greek Vocabulary.....the word "salvation"....was "health"...the very oldest Anglo-Saxon Scriptures translate it "health" not "salvation."   http://bible-truths.com/lazarus. html

We all need healing. We all need Christ BUT NOT EVERYONE KNOWS THIS.

Arc
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 05:23:18 AM by Arcturus »

Marky Mark

Re: The Evil and the Single eye
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 11:14:19 AM »

Thanks Arc,more butter for my toast ;D.

Peace...Mark

Amrhrasach

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 11:16:44 PM »

WHEN LIGHT IS DARKNESS

"The light of the body is the eye: if therefore, your eye be single, your whole body shall be full of light. But if your eye be evil, your whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the LIGHT that be in you is DARKNESS, how great is that darkness!" (Matt. 6:22-23).
http://bible-truths.com/fools.htm

How can a eye that is SINGLE produce a body full of light and an eye that is EVIL produce a body full of darkness? How does single relate to EVIL?

ONE GIANT PARABLE 

The more I teach the more simple I’m going to make this Bible.  It’s all one thing.

ITS ALL ONE THING!

John 17 : 17 "...Thy Word is Truth." 

You have to worship Him according to the Scriptures, because it's true. I found this to be interesting, John says, Your Word is truth, and in the OT in Isaiah 8 it says:

Isa 8 : 20 To the Law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this Word, it is because NO LIGHT IS IN THEM.
(Caps mine.)

Gods Word is Truth not Truths or Words. The Scripture does not say Gods words (plural) are truths ( plural)

There is no light in them who believe in many words and not THE WORD of God that is Christ. The worldly believe in self plus God that makes two not ONE. The unregenerate mind believes in itself and practises beliefs and words that lend themselves to encouragement in belief in in self determinism, free moral agency, independence from God and self righteousness. 

Psalm 51 : 17
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and contrite heart, O God, You will not despise.

The soul that has come to an end of itself that  is purged of independence, all self-will, all self-righteousness and is turned to solely trust in God not in its own merits, but only in God is the work of God in His children. This work of God hurts the flesh and the self will of the delusional mind. God in His Wisdom and Mercy knows just how to produce the brokenness and contrite heart that comes to the end of its self and cries to God as the last resort. God knows how to use precisely the correct degree of pressure and pain to bring a person to that valley of death of self. to achieve HIS Plan and Purpose to make us into the image of His Son.

Before we reach this experience we dally in many feel good wisdom's of the world that make merchandise of Gods Word.  The world if full of platitudes that appease all too briefly, the deep hurts of our souls in our creators hands as He purges out our self reliance and our dependence for approval of our mortal idols that are being overturned to be replaced by Christ on His Throne in the centre of our lives and being.

This experience of God working in our lives is not an academic one. It is a real life experience that can directly relate to many personalities who have gone before us in the Old Testament and New.

1 Cor 8  : 4-6  So then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: WE KNOW that an idol is nothing at all in the world and that THERE IS NO GOD BUT ONE. 5. For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, yet FOR US THERE IS BUT ONE GOD, The Father, from Whom ALL THINGS CAME  and for whom we live; and THERE IS BUT ONE LORD JESUS CHIRST, through whom all things came and through whom we live.7. BUT NOT EVERYONE KNOWS THIS.

If a person believes in free will, self determination, independence from God and self righteousness, then that person suffers from the stout and arrogant heart that will see not ONE God from Whom ALL THINGS COME, but will see a war between good and evil with no light in them and bound in that darkness that Jesus described as ..."how great is that darkness!"

Jesus said Mk  12 : 29 The first of all the commandments is , " Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord.

The wicked heart or eye believes and fears that God is the one who is outpowered by many demons. Such error promotes superstitions, fears and corruption that give rise to lusts and desires that spring from delusion. Ehp 4 : 22

It is delusion that we all need to be healed from. Delusion is a sickness that defies reason and rejects truth. Our Salvation is our Healing that only the Spirit of Christ can cause, create and give.

"Salvation" was never part of the New Testament Greek Vocabulary.....the word "salvation"....was "health"...the very oldest Anglo-Saxon Scriptures translate it "health" not "salvation."   http://bible-truths.com/lazarus. html

We all need healing. We all need Christ BUT NOT EVERYONE KNOWS THIS.

Arc

Arch, thank you.

From a person who came from a broken home (early on when they weren't the "norm"), a father in prison until the ripe old age of 70 and a mother who ran roads for thrills and left 4 children to fend for food, I felt it necessary to "achieve", to further myself...........self determinationAcademics was, I felt, the acceleration, the out.  Along with quite a bit of rude trouble that seemed to follow like a black cloud and that I would never allow an upper hand, rebellion and striking back was natural.

I've questioned God ALL my life as to....why?   Destiny, it seemed.  Nonetheless, I always felt a presence of his guiding hand.

Only NOW, after reading and listening to Ray for the last year am I beginning to, elementarily, understand that he has a plan.  Trusting in him is forthwith.   Self-reliance is becoming (becomes) defeated.   A long road.  A humbling experience.

I pray for a contrite heart and broken spirit.  To me, now, nothing in this world is valuable, save knowing him.  And even with that I can't call him "Lord", even though I know he is, but, if only I could obey.

Your post is valueable, as always.

Gary

EKnight

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 11:22:27 PM »

Gary,

That was great and honest testimony.  I admire your spiritual self-awareness. 

I yearn for the day that I am completely reliant on God without having to give it much thought (second nature). 

Eileen

gmik

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 11:43:45 PM »

Hi Arc...as usual you get me thinking!! ;)

As lives go, I have had a pretty good one.  From a divorced home, but a decent upbringing-no drama-college-married 35 years to same man-3 wonderful well adjusted educated kids, all love the Lord-again they never caused any drama- and 3 gorgeous grandkids!

When I read some of our forum families troubles my heart does hurt for them and I do pray when you all ask....then....some guilt comes in, and I think that God isn't working in my life and I won't be in the chosen group.

So it scares me a little to read about purging and getting my mind/heart totally set on Him.  I honestly don't want troubles in my life...and it could be a moment away...but how then does one get purged??

This isn't making the sense I want it to.  It is hard for me to admit to some of this.  I hope the Father will give someone here some insight for me.

Thanks.

Love yu Arc!

Amrhrasach

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 12:13:35 AM »

Gary,

That was great and honest testimony.  I admire your spiritual self-awareness. 

I yearn for the day that I am completely reliant on God without having to give it much thought (second nature). 

Eileen

Eileen, thank you.  I read again Arc's post of "academics" and perhaps I missed the thrust of her posting that particular section.  Here's my point.  Of late I've listened and read so much of Ray's material that I've found a bit of dragging down, like, can I read more?...... I'm saturated...listen more?...my cup is full.  So, I've backed off (okay, honestly, the disc went in a few early mornings to hear Ray speak on "the myth of free-will")...(and even reading Romans from Rotherham's)......but for the most part I've been thundering around the pasture in the mule just thinking of "things" (Godly things).  Letting my mind go idle.  Something set on the free will issue.  I won't go into it because many are before me on that issue.   But all I could think was this:  he will feed us what we can handle at the time he determines.

And I trust him. 

Trust, long road.

Gary

judith collier

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 05:03:48 AM »

gmik and horseman , don't worry about anything, not purging, not getting overly saturated, bored, idle, not anything. Remember, we are all sinners, all imperfect, all in need of God. You guys have been given faith, just thank God. Thank God, gmik you didn't have to go through some of the stuff others have. The fact that you have had a seemingly struggle free life and are compassionate to some of us uglier ones is a gift to us. Do you know how many are self rightious when they have led such a life? You are a breath of fresh air. Judy

gmik

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 09:46:26 PM »

Judy, I never even thought of it like that.  Thank you so much! :-*

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 04:41:51 PM »

Gary, that's been my story for a while too.  Once that initial hunger and thirst are more or less satisfied, (and that foundation more or less laid) it seems like its time to 'meditate'.  Then when newer 'truths' arrive from study or here, or wherever, they find so many more connections to what is true.   Whether you do that on or off your mule, you're still giving access to God.  He is able to complete what He began in you.   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009, 02:49:39 PM »

I am thrilled when a brother or sister writes about how they have personally experienced the circumstances about ...."these afflictions: for yourselves know that WE ARE APPOINTED THEREUNTO. 1 Thes. 3:3

Arc

Amrhrasach

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2009, 09:21:28 PM »

I am thrilled when a brother or sister writes about how they have personally experienced the circumstances about ...."these afflictions: for yourselves know that WE ARE APPOINTED THEREUNTO. 1 Thes. 3:3

Arc

I’m reminded of lines in, of all things, a couple of films.

Robert Redford in Jeremiah Johnson responds to Dale when questioned of his “trouble”:    Jeremiah answers: “trouble?……what trouble?”.   (haven’t seen the movie?, you will not understand.)

And Mel Gibson in Braveheart responding to the Princess: “God makes men what they are”.

“personally experienced”…..” these afflictions:”

1Th 2:14  For you, my brothers, took as your examples the churches of God which are in Judaea in Christ Jesus; because you underwent the same things from your countrymen as they did from the Jews;    1Th 2:15  Who put to death the Lord Jesus and the prophets, violently driving us out; who are unpleasing to God and against all men;

Act 21:13  Then Paul said, What are you doing, weeping and wounding my heart? for I am ready, not only to be a prisoner, but to be put to death at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.

To steal a line from you, Arc, in another topic/post:  “For what ever path of pain you have each endured, for where ever our Shepherd is taking you, it is HE who has written your circumstances and it is He who give us the Peace of His Spirit.”

An attempt to equate the “circumstances” contained in any prior posting of this thread to that of 1 Thes.3:3, 1 Th 2:14, 1 Th 2:15, and especially Act 21:13 will suffice to expound shame without furthering the detail.

Thanks again Arc.   E.F. Hutton moment.

Seriously.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2009, 06:58:36 AM »

And God, ...The Author and Finisher of our faith shall raise to our minds eye, details of where He has penned in His Presence in hindsight. God brings to our recollection, occurrences that He caused and created for us to experience. We are CAUSED by GOD to remember our failures and we shall be overcome.

In LOF part 13 http://bible-truths.com/lake13.html Ray lists five answers to what we are to do when we see that our spiritual house has fallen. Answer two quotes Mal. 3 : 7 "RETURN unto ME, and I will return unto you saith the Lord of Hosts."
We are taught that no scripture is of its own interpretation yet often the above Scripture is part of the "to do list" quick fix of Babylon. Yet how does one return to God? How can carnality return when it is not spiritual to start off with?

Ray shows us the answer quote,

I have already stated a dozen times or so in this paper that we must all "follow Christ." Peter puts it this way:

"For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an EXAMPLE, that we should FOLLOW HIS STEPS: Who did NO SIN, neither was guile found in His mouth: Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when He suffered, He threatened not; but committed Himself to Him that judges righteously: Who His own self bare our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto RIGHTEOUSNESS: by whose stripes ye were healed. For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now RETURNED unto the Shepherd and Bishop [overseer] of your souls"

Notice that we are all to follow His steps. But Jesus "did NO SIN," and we ALL sin. There is the giant difference. We have to KEEP WALKING in His steps until we STOP SINNING. But the point to be made here is, that we must and WILL "follow His steps."

John "stood on the sand of the sea," and I said that we must ALL ‘stand on the sand of the sea.’ Jesus was driven by the Spirit into the wilderness [a desert waste place—sand] and was tried and tested there by the Adversary. Jesus appeared to be alone with the Adversary and the sand. Nothing to eat and nothing to drink—just sand. But Jesus was only alone in this physically desert of sand. Spiritually Jesus was IN HEAVEN with His Father.

Jesus had built a spiritual house. His house was about to be tested to see if it could withstand the rain, and flood, and wind. Satan would do all in his power to bring down the spiritual house of Jesus. But His house did not fall under the temptation of Satan, for he was FILLED WITH THE SPIRIT OF GOD, and His spiritual house was ‘built upon THE Rock’ (John 3:34). The spiritual house of Jesus was to DO THE WILL OF THE FATHER:

Did you see HOW we are to DO THE WILL OF THE FATHER?

Look again. What did Jesus DO when HE was reviled, suffering and threatened? Did you catch it? What did JESUS DO that WE are to DO?

Right. Jesus quote :....committed Himself to Him that judges righteously:

The other witness to this action is expressed in the choice King David received from God as penalty for error. King David preferred to place himself in the Mercy of God Almighty.

This is so vital. This action is an INNER action not an external one. It is an action of soul and heart that God sees in secret. It is further witnessed in 1 Peter 4 : 19. Therefore those who are ill-treated and suffer in accordance with God's will MUST DO RIGHT and commit THEIR SOULS to theOne Who created them and will never fail them.

We are to do as Christ does in suffering. We turn our souls to Him Who judges righteously. An INNER  action for the Father Who sees in secret. Not an outer action of visibility for the applause of man, like casting out demons, healing the sick or sticking to religious requirements, teachings, priorities and false standards.

Our attention should not be on trying to fix or change the other person, or recommending to God what HE should be doing to make a better person out of our Adversary. God knows exactly what HE is doing. As Ray states at http://bible-truths.com/lake14.html quote

The only beast we need to concern ourselves with is the beast "within,"  "the man of sin."

Our try fix it, change it, save the world, win a soul for Christ, are futile efforts given to deceiving religious decoys of deeper darkness.

Any action of religious merit = Christ shall profit me NOTHING. Why?: God sees in secret.

"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ has made us free, and be not entangled gain with the yoked of bondage. Behold, I Paul say unto you, [sounds important…] that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you NOTHING. For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do THE WHOLE LAW [Abraham was circumcised, but Moses taught it AS A LAW that HAD to be obeyed]. Christ is become of NO EFFECT unto you, whosoever of you are [Gk: ‘are’ should be‘attempt to be’] justified by LAW; ye [‘ALL of you’] are FALLEN FROM GRACE."

Arc

Amrhrasach

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2009, 10:18:42 PM »

Thank you Arcturus.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 23 queries.