bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saved from what? Should I even want to be saved?  (Read 5946 times)

tebza4jesus

Saved from what? Should I even want to be saved?
« on: April 29, 2009, 05:21:56 PM »

Brothers and sisters,

The subject to this tread might be confusing and contradictory to a certain extent but please bear with me.

The bible tells us many times about being saved, eg. Acts 16:31,32 The jailer wants to be saved and asks what should he do to be saved. Paul gives a "formula" - believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved.

My first question is straightforward - What am I being saved from?

This question is because here in this forum, we believe that all people will be saved, in this lifetime or the next, that is, after resurrection. We don't believe in the christian hell but rather "the place of judgement where after God's judgment had been meted out, the inhabitants of the earth will learn righteousness" Now here's my confusion.

IF I DON'T GET SAVED IN THIS LIFETIME, I WILL NOT WANT TO AVOID THIS JUDGEMENT, THAT IS, BE SAVED/RESCUED/TAKEN AWAY FROM IT, FOR IT IS THROUGH THIS JUDGEMENT THAT I LEARN RIGHTEOUSNESS WHICH I FAILED TO LEARN IN THIS LIFETIME.

AND IF DO GET SAVED IN THIS LIFETIME, THE PROCESS OF ME BEING SAVED WILL NOT MEAN AVOIDING THIS JUDGEMENT FROM GOD SINCE THIS JUDGEMENT BEGINS IN THE HOUSE OF GOD.

Now, either way, it appears I am going to fall in the hands of the LORD, and that will include pain.   

So I ask again what am I being saved from?

Christian hell? Nope, It doesn't exist!

Being judged by God? Nope, it's impossible not be judged by God and again, it's not preferable!

Pain? Nope! No pain no gain!

What am I being saved from?

And should I want to be saved from that? Should I want to avoid falling into God's hands? Should I shun the pain involved?

Please if this is not clear let me know that I may try to clarify it further.

Yours sincerely,
Tebza

mharrell08

Re: Saved from what? Should I even want to be saved?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 05:57:42 PM »

What am I being saved from?

And should I want to be saved from that? Should I want to avoid falling into God's hands? Should I shun the pain involved?

Please if this is not clear let me know that I may try to clarify it further.

Yours sincerely,
Tebza

Tebza,

We are saved from sin & death...and yes, there comes a time in everyone's life when they sincerely want to be 'saved from that'.

I believe you are referencing this verse when speaking of avoiding falling into God's hands:

Heb 10:30-31  For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

One cannot avoid falling into the hands of the Lord as He has mercy on whom He will have mercy on and hardens whom He will harden...but you seeking Him is a sign that He is having mercy upon you.

As far as 'shunning the pain', here are some scriptures that may help...as well as an email from Ray about what we are being saved from:

1 Pet 4:12  Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

Acts 14:22  Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God

Rev 7:14  And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Rom 8:35, 38-39  Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Email reply from Ray (http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3460.msg25787.html#msg25787):

Dear Stella:
    I really marvel that anyone would ask this questions, yet hundreds of asked it and continue to ask it regularly. The question should rather be:  "If most people are NOT saved from some eternal hellhole of torture, then WHY did Jesus have to die to be a Saviour to billions of people who will never be saved?  That should be the obvious question.
    The answer, however, to your question is, it is ONLY by means of Jesus' sacrifice and sin Offering for our sins that ANYONE could ever be saved, and it is by the same means that ALL WILL BE SAVED.

ALL HAVE SINNED, and Jesus DIED FOR THE SINS OF "ALL" THE WORLD (I John 2:2).
    The wages of sin is DEATH, and therefore Jesus will ABOLISH DEATH (I Cor. 15:26), so that ALL MAY BE SAVED (I Tim. 2:4) seeing that He gave Himself a ransom FOR ALL (Ver. 6), but this ransom will be testified only, "in DUE TIME." This age is NOT the time for the salvation of all. This is "a" day of salvation, but not "the" day or only day of salvation. See my HELL Part D to be posted next month for all the details of this and much much more.
    God be with you,
    Ray

Hope this helps,

Marques

Kat

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 06:07:01 PM »

Hi Tebza,

Here is and email.

http://bible-truths.com/email13.htm --------------------------

[Ray Replies]

Dear Jere:

When we come to realize the Scriptural truth that there is no ETERNAL HELL-HOLE OF TORTURE IN FIRE, does that mean there is NOTHING else to be saved from?

Consider: "The wages of sin is DEATH." Who or What will save us from THIS FATE, Jere? If you answer is NO ONE, then this life is all there is, and there ain't no more, because we have ALL SINNED. But we can be very thankful that God was well aware of this problem in humanity and provided for it:  

"For the wages of sin IS death; but the GIFT of God is eternal [eonian life followed by deathless immortality] THROUGH [this is the reason He died] Jesus Christ our Lord" (Rom. 6:23).

We will also be saved from: pain, disease, heartache, fear, weariness, boredom, hatred, laziness, immorality, stupidity, vanity, inferiority, weakness, addiction, worry, failure, and a thousand other things that we all need salvation from!

Asking why Jesus had to die on the cross IF all people will be saved anyway is about like asking: "I can understand why the fireman had to go into the burning building to save one trapped person, but since he, in fact, saved ALL TEN TRAPPED PERSONS, why did he have to go into the burning building AT ALL?

You see, that HOW the fireman saved ALL TEN TRAPPED PERSONS, and going to the cross to die is HOW Jesus Christ saves ALL HUMANITY!

God be with you,

Ray

tebza4jesus

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 01:34:02 PM »

Wow! Just like that, I now have an answer to my questions. I can't believe that it was this simple. Why did I not see this before? I guees the things of God has a way of being hidden in such a way that once one sees them, one get to realise just how "obvious' they were.

Thank you guys. I really appreciate that. I feel peace in my heart right now as I write this. Of course, is not just "your" words that brings this peace but the conviction that comes form God. Thank you and God bless.

Tebza

P.S. I think I even understand what eternal LIFE is better now than I did before last night when I asked this question.   

daywalker

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 02:32:47 PM »

Hello Tebza,

Before one can answer the question, "What are we saved from?", one must know what SALVATION means:

http://bible-truths.com/lazarus:

"Salvation" was never part of the New Testament Greek Vocabulary.....the word "salvation"....was "health"...the very oldest Anglo-Saxon Scriptures translate it "health" not "salvation."

Jesus Christ is the "Savior of the World". How so? How did He demonstrate that He is our Savior? He HEALED people.

When reading the Scriptures, think of being "saved" as being HEALED...

Matthew 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save [heal] his people from their sins.

Luke 4:16-21:
And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised [if you are 'bruised' then you need to be healed], To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

Luke 19:10 For the Son of Mankind came to seek and to save [heal] the lost ...Concordant Literal Version

I John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

WE ARE NOT THE "WORKS OF THE DEVIL". OUR SINS ARE THE "WORKS OF THE DEVIL". HENCE...

John 1:29 The next day John sees Jesus coming unto him, and says, Behold the Lamb of God, which takes away the sin of the world

May God guide you, my friend,

- Daywalker.  8)

judith collier

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 07:08:42 AM »

Tebza, all that and saved from ourselves who without God is putrid! Judy

Astrapho

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 03:28:28 PM »

Hello Tebza,

Before one can answer the question, "What are we saved from?", one must know what SALVATION means:

http://bible-truths.com/lazarus:

"Salvation" was never part of the New Testament Greek Vocabulary.....the word "salvation"....was "health"...the very oldest Anglo-Saxon Scriptures translate it "health" not "salvation."

Jesus Christ is the "Savior of the World". How so? How did He demonstrate that He is our Savior? He HEALED people.

When reading the Scriptures, think of being "saved" as being HEALED...

Matthew 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save [heal] his people from their sins.

Luke 4:16-21:
And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised [if you are 'bruised' then you need to be healed], To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

Luke 19:10 For the Son of Mankind came to seek and to save [heal] the lost ...Concordant Literal Version

I John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

WE ARE NOT THE "WORKS OF THE DEVIL". OUR SINS ARE THE "WORKS OF THE DEVIL". HENCE...

John 1:29 The next day John sees Jesus coming unto him, and says, Behold the Lamb of God, which takes away the sin of the world

May God guide you, my friend,

- Daywalker.  8)

Awesome post. :) I'm getting one of those "OH!!!" moments now!  ;D Thanks!  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.