bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A long awaited return  (Read 9555 times)

brok54

Re: A long awaited return
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2009, 01:03:35 PM »

"I completely understand the loneliness.  It is hard to spend every evening with my husband wishing we could discuss these spiritual things."

I can really relate to that Beth.  Last night at dinner was mostly just ...silence.  Finally my wife had to share with me something she printed out from Strong's about "sheol" and the definition "proved" it is a "really bad place".  She said she looked up every reference to sheol in the OT and  it always had a negative connotation and that somehow proves it's just like "hell" as most Christians believe it to be...a really, really bad place.  I am totally lame in responding (I don't know why) even though I've spent countless hours studying here at BT.  It's so frustrating.  The only thing that gives me peace is knowing it's all part of His plan.  Well, it also helps a little knowing I'm not the only Bozo on this bus.  Misery loves company???  ;)
I'm thankful for y'all...

aqrinc

Re: A long awaited return
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2009, 01:51:07 PM »

Ever start talking to your spouse and immediately the thought flashes in the mind, why not just shut your face dummy. That is the signal that we will mess up badly this time again, grab those words back, oops too late.

It really is impossible to keep The Light hidden, but i guess this experience is to teach us how to use The Light properly.

So until That Day comes we must keep on doing what Scripture Instructs us to do:

2Ti 2: 10-16 (MKJV)
10  Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
11  For faithful is the Word, for if we died with Him, we shall also live with Him.
12  If we suffer, we shall also reign with Him. If we deny Him, He also will deny us.
13  If we do not believe Him, yet He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself.
14  Put them in memory of these things, charging them before the Lord not to dispute about words to no profit, to the subverting of the hearers.
15  Study earnestly to present yourself approved to God, a workman that does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth.
16  But shun profane, vain babblings, for they will increase to more ungodliness.

george :).

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.