bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Job 8:9  (Read 5893 times)

mharrell08

Job 8:9
« on: April 30, 2009, 12:41:23 PM »

Job 8:8-9  For enquire, I pray thee, of the former age, and prepare thyself to the search of their fathers: (For we are but of yesterday, and know nothing, because our days upon earth are a shadow)

I came across this verse today and it just totally stopped me in my tracks...it's amazing to find these simple and concise statements from the scriptures that sum up EVERYTHING.

First the physical (shadow) then the spiritual (reality)...[1 Cor 15:46, John 3:12]

Marques

legoman

Re: Job 8:9
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 01:13:57 PM »

Wow that's interesting, like a reversal of common thought:

The physical is not really reality, the spiritual is the real reality... but we're just not quite there yet.

Is that what you meant?

Kevin

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 01:57:56 PM »

Wow that's interesting, like a reversal of common thought:

The physical is not really reality, the spiritual is the real reality... but we're just not quite there yet.

Is that what you meant?

Kevin

Not so much saying the physical is 'not really reality' but that it is only temporary...the spiritual realm is more real than the physical because the physical is only temporary.

A shadow points the way to something real, the reality...it's useful in that it points the way to whatever is real but once you have the reality, the shadow is no longer needed.

Marques

aqrinc

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 04:23:25 PM »

Marques,

Here is your second Witness.

2Co 4:18 (KJV)
While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

george. ;D

mharrell08

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 04:30:12 PM »

Marques,

Here is your second Witness.

2Co 4:18 (KJV)
While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

george. ;D

Thanks George...I was looking and looking for that verse and couldn't find it  :D

Marques

aqrinc

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 04:44:44 PM »

All Thanks To GOD; Marques, HE Provides we get to point it out.

george. ;D

daywalker

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 06:21:32 PM »

Job 8:8-9  For enquire, I pray thee, of the former age, and prepare thyself to the search of their fathers: (For we are but of yesterday, and know nothing, because our days upon earth are a shadow)

I came across this verse today and it just totally stopped me in my tracks...it's amazing to find these simple and concise statements from the scriptures that sum up EVERYTHING.

First the physical (shadow) then the spiritual (reality)...[1 Cor 15:46, John 3:12]

Marques

Reminds me of another emphatic statement of Scripture:

James 4:13 Come now, you who are saying, "Today or tomorrow we will be going into this or that city and should be spending a year there, and we will be trafficking and getting gain-"
14 who are not versed in that which is the morrow's, for what is your life? For a vapor are you, which is appearing briefly and thereupon disappearing-"

It's just like Ray says, "God's Word is ONE. The Scriptures are ONE." Everyday we see that more and more!  :D

- Daywalker.  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.