bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses  (Read 9898 times)

Daniel

there is one that accuseth you, even Moses
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2006, 10:35:48 PM »

Lightseeker writes,

Gotcha!

2CO 5:6,7 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: 7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

You Got me?? :shock:  Lightseeker man thats so unkool  :lol:. Since when is faith ever walking by sight if we LOOK AT the things UNSEEN? True faith does not look at what is seen ever. Faith IS the substance of things hoped for (Christ) the "evidence" of things "unseen". Whom the world cannot accept based on the very reason quoted in the verse you shared to which I agree. They walk by sight, we do not. Who saw Him who was "invisible? :wink:  Christ does dwell in our hearts by faith, never had a thing to do with sight. Even being caught up to paradise be it "in the body" or "out of the body" of which he speaks concerning what he "heard" not  what he had "seen".

Heres the verse you shared

2Cr 5:6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:

2Cr 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

I agree Lightseeker cant disagree with scripture

Though this verse is disputable after an argument of "hereafter" I don't see it like that. Its not the first verse Im looking at as much as the one behind it 2Cr 5:9

2Cr 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

2Cr 5:9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present :idea:  or absent :idea:  "we may be" accepted of him.

This is kool

1Cr 5:3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed  

Ephes 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man

Ephes 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love

Ephes 3:18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

Ephes 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.[/u]

I wonder if being "absent or present" from the body in some respects, at all rrelates to the being "In the body" or "out the body" yet still living in the body, ever thought of that?

Lightseeker writes,

What's at home in the body? I believe it is our spirit. And if we're led by the spirit then we aren't going to be led by our fleshly eye which is the window to the soul. We will still use physical eyesight to keep from falling over the log in the practical realm of earth though. It's sort of like being in the world but not of the world.

You lost me, we know Jesus said to Peter, when he was young he girded up himself and went where he will but when you are old another would gird you. I see there is "two goings" here. Led by our own spirit or led by His, this what you mean?

I dont worry about physical eyes (after the physical flesh) to catch a glipmse of an earthly log ( or stump) :lol: That I could in fact trip over if I took a walk in the woods. I Thank God I luckily still have mine to prevent unessesary injury that I might "be careful" (laughing). Others might in fact trip, if physically blind obviously.

Its the spiritual logs I need watch for in myself ( Yikes!) I had a few in my time. I sure hope I still don't have one again. Hard to spot in yourself, as all you do is "nit pick" on others when you actually do :roll:

Lightseeker writes

Love how you come up with so many scriptures supporting a POV. And quickly too. Are they all part of a study or are they all just in your head and you computer them to post?

:lol:  No they come to me as I sit in front of the computer thinking on whatever is said, as in like you speaking. I do have studies but they shift and interchange with the same verses according to other thoughts along the same lines. No I would answer you straight on bro unless I say, "this is a study".

Actually I do wonder how the disciples did do it without a lap top :lol:  You only need a laptop (for internet fellowship) to show in scripture where you draw your perspective (to others needing the chapter verses for reference).

Dang, I can't stand that they were added to the book, what a drag writing them all in there  :lol:  It would be worse without them, I'm actually grateful really (I was kidding)

Lightseeker writes,

Like you, I too see/believe there are temporal rewards, but I see hereafter rewards too. The judgment seat of Christ is one of our works...not for entering life in the hereafter but for ruling/reigning in the hereafter. There were two groups in Revelation. One group stands before the throne in robes of righteousness (Rev 7:14,15) and the other group sits on the throne with Christ (Rev 3:21). The coveted position is for 'those that overcome' and not just warm a pew. Who will we reign/rule over? How about those before the throne? How about those who were never called in this age? Just a thought.

Not sure about the rewards being that we are filled with the "fruits" of righteousness which are by Him, fruits that would "remain". Sometimes we through terms around like "rewards", "judgement", "thousand years", etc without understanding what it means. Think of rule, is rulership the same as the way the earths rulers rule? Is overcoming only something for "the afterlife" is reign for "the afterlife" is a thousand years truly a thousand literal years? Or is it as Peter indicates who says not to be ignorant concerning them? If it were as "a day" how is that used in scripture? Sitting and standing "doing what"? How can I judge anyone, what is it to judge ? By what measure should I ever judge, I dont even want to judge, my head spins. Mostly because of some of crazy thoughts I've heard. I think you know what I'm talking about too :lol:

Lightseeker writes

I'm even more humbled Daniel by your gracious comment. Thank you. I've learned a lot of things the hard way over many years. I used to cut people so low they could sit on a dollar bill and dangle their legs. I was very proud of myself...but God wasn't. I used my knowledge of scripture to hurt and not to heal. I don't care how stupid we think some of God's children are doctrinally...they are still His children. And God does chastize/scourge those of us who need it. Why does He scourge us? So we'll die sooner on our cross...just like Jesus did.

Jesus certainly did not need His legs broke, the other two did thats for sure. A sure way to do that is break the knees, when the knee goes out thats a good thing, as dying follows shortly after. Every knee shall bow? Perhaps farfetched by way of comparison.

By the way, your breakfast sounded interesting. But if you werw throwing around words like "psychoneuroimmunology" I'm real glad I wasnt there :lol:  I'm thinking, "what is THAT"? Who was the person who even thought to make up a word that long? Its just not practical.

Man, I'm wondering now, "what is the LONGEST WORD" ever written?

I'm curious  :shock:  (going to search it out now) :lol:

Peace bro

Daniel

Daniel

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2006, 11:22:26 PM »

Just in case anyone "might be" interested. The supposedly the longest word in the world is this one (?)

PNEUMONO­ULTRA­MICRO­SCOPIC­SILICO­VOLCANO­CONIOSIS

Its some kind of lung disease. I'd hate to get this disease because I think just pronouncing it (while having it) would most likely kill me.

Not only that, they have another way of spelling the same word

PNEUMONO­ULTRA­MICRO­SCOPIC­SILICO­VOLCANO­KONIOSIS

Notice the "C" is exchanged for a "K" just in case you might have difficulty with one or the other? :lol:

I'm wondering if whoever did this thought he/she was being "helpful" (considering the sounds of "C" and "K" are so close)

Peace

Daniel

Lightseeker

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2006, 03:26:41 AM »

Daniel,

Gotcha is uncool  :?:  All I meant was I understand...hope that's better.  :D

Some thinking will be required on your absent from the body scriptures...hmmmm?  Good imput.

I wonder if being "absent or present" from the body in some respects, at all rrelates to the being "In the body" or "out the body" yet still living in the body, ever thought of that?

More good thinkin material.

You lost me, we know Jesus said to Peter, when he was young he girded up himself and went where he will but when you are old another would gird you. I see there is "two goings" here. Led by our own spirit or led by His, this what you mean?

I think our spirit, if it's born again, is always one with The Holy Spirit.  It's just that our soul, body may overwhelm and quench our spirit, and act carnally.

LOGS?  LOGS?LOGS? I'm sorry I just don't see what you're talking about.   :D  

GNite man. God's rest be upon you.

Daniel

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2006, 03:32:28 PM »

Gotcha Lightseeker  :wink:   Sorry pal :oops:

I don't see no logs neither :shock:

I don't think they are meant to be seen by the one who has one :lol:

God help us all

Peace

Daniel :D
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.