bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Endures to the end shall be saved  (Read 12014 times)

aqrinc

Re: Endures to the end shall be saved
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2009, 03:15:06 AM »

Sorry to take off like that, but that bit was rather intimidating.  I never took it that verse to mean 'you must suffer though martyrdom to receive salvation' as much as 'you much suffer through martyrdom *if* should that time comes'.  After reading the verse, it felt as though I would not be able to live up to such an expectation in order to receive salvation.  It was very vexing on my soul.  But it is what it is.

No man but our Lord And Saviour And King Jesus Christ; Could Have, and Did Live up to those expectations. He Did it for us so that through Him we are presently being saved.

No Scripture is to be taken in isolation, it does take study and learning. All the learning is useless if you insist on your being the author of your own salvation. The entirety of Scripture shows us that we are totally unable to effect the slightest bit of our own salvation.

It is Jesus Christ in you and me and everyone, The Hope Of our Salvation.

Act 4: 8-12 (MKJV)
8  Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, Rulers of the people and elders of Israel,
9  if we are examined today on a good work for an infirm man, by what this one has been healed,
10  be it known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, in this name does this man stand before you whole.

11  This is the Stone which you builders have counted worthless, and He has become the Head of the Corner.
12  And there is salvation in no other One; for there is no other name under Heaven given among men by which we must be saved.

Php 2: 9-13 (CLV)
9 Wherefore, also, God highly exalts Him, and graces Him with the name that is above every name,
10 that in the name of Jesus every knee should be bowing, celestial and terrestrial and subterranean,
11 and every tongue should be acclaiming that Jesus Christ is Lord, for the glory of God, the Father."

12 So that, my beloved, according as you always obey, not as in my presence only, but now much rather in my absence, with fear and trembling, be carrying your own salvation into effect,
13 for it is God Who is operating in you to will as well as to work for the sake of His delight.

george. :)

Kat

Re: Endures to the end shall be saved
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2009, 11:22:42 AM »

Hi Crossover,

http://bible-truths.com/fools.htm ----------------------

"Whosoever will come after Me, let him DENY himself, and TAKE UP HIS CROSS, and FOLLOW ME" (Mark 8:34).

This is not an "option" to salvation; this is an absolute REQUIREMENT.

I'm thinking you read this part of Ray's article and felt this was saying, 'you much suffer through martyrdom *if* should that time comes'.  That is not necessarily what "take up His cross" means.  It is a figure of speech, not literally to die a martyr.  For each individual it is whatever hardship you must suffer and bare for the sake of living according to the example that Jesus Christ set, in order to follow His way of life.  Here is the part of that article that came just before the part I gave you before.

http://bible-truths.com/fools.htm -----------------------------

Here is the briefest outline of how God  "saves us:"

Jesus Christ must first "CHOOSE" us (John 15:16). You don’t choose Him until He first chooses you. You have no "free will" by which you choose Christ. Christ CHOOSES YOU, or you aren’t chosen. (Be sure to read my four-part series on "Exposing the Myth of Free Will" on this site).

The Father then "DRAWS" [Gk: ‘drags us’]" us to Christ (John 6:44). You don’t come without an invite. What may seem like a "free choice" on your part to come to Christ, in reality is the Father dragging you by many unseen circumstances beyond your view or control.

By GRACE, God gifts us with FAITH (Eph. 2:8). Both are from God; man contributes NOTHING. If you don’t give God credit for all of your faith then you don’t have any faith, because faith comes ONLY from God.

Then "the goodness of GOD leads you to repentance" (Rom. 2:4). Our repentance originates in GOD, not in ourselves. If God doesn’t lead someone to repentance then they CAN’T REPENT.

We are spiritually "BAPTIZED into Christ’s death" (Rom. 6:3).

"For he that is dead is freed from sin… For SIN SHALL NOT have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under GRACE" (Rom. 6:7 & 14).

And it is the grace of God ONLY that will save us. But HOW and WHEN? What does it mean to be "under grace?" Answer:

"For the GRACE of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, TEACHING US [Gk: ‘to train, educate, discipline, punish, chasten, instruct, learn, teach’] that, denying ungodliness and worldly lust, we should live soberly [with a sound mind], righteously, and GODLY, in this present world" (Titus 2:11-12).

If you are not doing this and growing every day, then you are not being graced by God, and you are not on your way to salvation. The grace of God WILL DISCIPLINE AND CHASTEN us into obedience to all of God’s Spiritual laws and commandments.

"Whosoever will come after Me, let him DENY himself, and TAKE UP HIS CROSS, and FOLLOW ME" (Mark 8:34).
---------------------------------------------- 

Read the whole article at that link for a good understanding, but I hope this this bit gives you a better understanding for now.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.