bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The total ministry of JESUS.  (Read 6753 times)

Phil3:10

The total ministry of JESUS.
« on: May 03, 2009, 10:10:16 PM »

John 21 verse 25 has always intrigued me. (verse 25.) And there are also many other things which JESUS did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.
We only have 3 1/2 years of HIS ministry revealed in the scriptures. I wonder about the early years from 12 years on and my perception is the things HE does continue to do throughout the intervening 2,000 years. We tend to put CHRIST and THE FATHER into little boxes when in truth THEY are all encompassing. I would appreciate any input regarding what others might think about this verse as I feel it is written simply to magnify the all encompassing nature of our SAVIOR.

aqrinc

Re: The total ministry of JESUS.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 04:11:55 AM »

Before taking that verse too far, look at the link below and read the information copied.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6638.0.html

SPURIOUS PASSAGES OF THE NEW TESTAMENT

The list below is on Authority of Professor C. Tischendorf’s notes on the readings of the two oldest Greek manuscripts: The Sinaitic and the Vatican #1209

http://www.davidcox.com.mx/library/T/Tischendorf,%20von%20Constantin%20-%20Discovery%20of%20Sinaitic%20Manuscript.pdf

The following words, found in our Common Version (King James Version) are not found in the Oldest Manuscripts, and are evidently no part of the Divine Word. Let each Berean go through his Bible, pencil in hand, and mark out these words: then read the passages affected and note the improvement. This list comprises all the important interpolations discovered to date.

The compiler has condensed this list. From the compiler’s point of view there exist very good reasons why everything in this list should be crossed out of our Bibles. Thus, when the interpolations are eliminated from Mark 14:30, 68, 72, the account agrees exactly with that given by the other evangelists. Or, take Luke 23:34: history shows that the Jews have been obliged as a race to expiate their crime. Or take John 4:9: it does not agree at all with Luke 9:52, which shows that even the Lord himself did have such dealings. Omitted from this list are the dozens of interpolations made by early copyists with the aim of making all the narratives uniform, and the hundreds of non-essential words, the addition of which does not affect the purity of the message. (Some of these passages have already been omitted by more modern translations such as the New American Standard or the New International Version, since they were translated from the more reliable, ancient manuscripts.)

John 21:25  This entire verse is included as spurious text

george. :)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 04:28:34 PM »

Scripture or not, it's still true and worth meditating on instead of barelling through the Gospels.  What I get out of the statement is not so much a curiosity about 'what wasn't revealed', but about the depth, breadth, reaction, and thoughts of those present that just simply isn't expounded on. 

If any of OUR lives were really written down, the world couldn't contain the volumes either.  We have what we need from Scripture, and most of the stuff 'we' go through is for our benefit alone, not to be immediately shared.

That's what I think, anyways.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

kenny

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 10:17:34 PM »

You Guy's are killing me, I already stay up all hours of the day and night reading and studying everything i can get my hands on and now this, Spurious thing.

my wife told me that she was glad that I had a new ball and chain (laptop and internet) she was tired of all the books and papers strode all over the place.

I allways looked at this verse on the part of "suppose" the word of Jesus was so alive that it would just continue grow in understanding to the point that it could not be kept anywhere but in the heart of believers.

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 01:10:31 AM »

To all,
I don't know anything about Professor Tischendorf and need to do some research on him. As soon as I get the time I intend to take a close look at the spurious passages and try to inform myself more fully. I know that we do not have the perfect scriptures and I depend on the Spirit of God to guide me into HIS truths. I do feel that CHRIST is the only truth and try to follow HIS teachings above any other as I am sure that man has abridged, distorted, and changed the scriptures since they were first written.
I am not yet a Certified Berean but continue to read and study the scriptures and appreciate the input of all in this forum. It is indeed a real blessing to have this forum to discuss and read others point of view and to become better informed.
I used to think the KJV was the most reliable version available but now wonder if any version is really the best. However, I do think GOD wants us to ask questions, discuss, debate and become better informed in all matters spiritual. My greatest peace has happened in accepting universal reconciliation and losing the fabled free will belief I used to have.
Thanks all for your input and please follow up with any other information you may have.
In HIM,

mharrell08

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 01:30:22 AM »

I am not yet a Certified Berean but continue to read and study the scriptures and appreciate the input of all in this forum.

What is a 'certified Berean'?

Marques

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 01:39:21 AM »

Marques,
I don't really know what a 'Certified Berean" is but do know that my limited knowledge does not qualify me. However, I am working on increasing my knowledge daily.

aqrinc

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 01:41:47 AM »

Hi Phil3:10,

Oops, glad i saw your answer, i was trying to find out the same thing.

george. ;D

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 03:11:39 AM »

i googled berean and looked at the wikipedia info. the first bit of info from there explains that bereans were of the city of berea. it then goes on to reference acts 17:11 - now the bereans were of more noble character than the thessalonians, for they (the bereans) received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what paul said was true...

of course wikipedia brought in all the other references of berean, but i believe it is the info contained in acts 17:11 that best describes what tischendorf was referencing with regards to a certified berean on the site which the spurious passages info is from. that being someone who examines the Scriptures every day to see if they were true.

claudia

mharrell08

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 08:49:38 AM »

i googled berean and looked at the wikipedia info. the first bit of info from there explains that bereans were of the city of berea. it then goes on to reference acts 17:11 - now the bereans were of more noble character than the thessalonians, for they (the bereans) received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what paul said was true...

of course wikipedia brought in all the other references of berean, but i believe it is the info contained in acts 17:11 that best describes what tischendorf was referencing with regards to a certified berean on the site which the spurious passages info is from. that being someone who examines the Scriptures every day to see if they were true.

claudia

Thank you Claudia and that is what I was thinking...there is no such thing as a 'certified berean'. The scriptures do not state to 'be the bereans' in any passage...there are Christendom ministries who teach to 'be the bereans' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bereans). It's a false premise...

Thanks,

Marques

« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 11:04:17 AM by mharrell08 »

ez2u

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 08:50:28 PM »

In my library I have a book called  "The Secrets of Mount Sinai"  by James Bentley.  The story of finding the world's oldest Bible-Codex Sinaiticus.  I've read it and would recommend the reading of it. The Codex Vaticanus is supposedly another oldest Bible held in the Vatican in Rome  in which the Catholics will not allow people to see. Although Tischendorf did see with special permission. On page 122 2nd chapter the book talks about JN21:25 " there were many other things Jesus did...",  the Codex was examined under ultra-violet light in the twentieth-century and it was discovered the chapter did end at verse 24.  Another intriguing comment that was made by the author  was Tischendorf believe Mark was the first book written and it does not   does not have account of the appearance of the risen Lord, chapter 6 page 137-148.  this is not to imply Jesus didn't rise from the dead.  He did.  We just are from a different time capsule then when the Bible was first written.  I do believe Ray when he said  The Holy Spirit must teach you what the Bible says.  My thoughts are to grown in Christ not head knowledge  and I am sure you all would agree.  Greetings peggy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.