bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: No one is greater then John the baptist!  (Read 21005 times)

mercie

No one is greater then John the baptist!
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2006, 08:25:07 PM »

For we are Born of Spirit Not Flesh , Flesh and Blood can not inherit the Kingdom.

as Paul says

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

love_magnified

« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2006, 08:30:32 PM »

Beautiful. We ought to be able to look at Matthew Mark Luke and John and know that the man who said those words is in us, so we are saying those words and doing those things right now. God's plan is amazing. He doesn't just want one begotten Son. HE WANTS BILLIONS! :D

Say that in many churches and you might get the boot. They can't face their inheritance right now. Soon!

Daniel

« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2006, 08:43:56 PM »

2Cr 4:18 While we LOOK NOT AT the things which are SEEN, BUT AT the things which are NOT SEEN: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, "because" it SEETH HIM NOT, "neither" knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.[/u]

Heb 11:27 BY FAITH he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as SEEING HIM who IS INVISIBLE.[/u]

Heb 11:1 Now FAITH "IS" the SUBSTANCE of "things" HOPED FOR, "THE EVIDENCE" of things NOT SEEN.[/u]

CHRIST "IN US" is OUR HOPE of GLORY, and FAITH is the SUBSTANCE of things HOPED FOR... Faith, hope, and the Author of our faith perfects it in Himself as we are "perfected IN LOVE"

Its like the "tenth" in us that shall RETURN (as His word does not return VOID) but accomplishes what He has purposed. The Holy Seed is the Substance "thereof" who returns to be EATEN.

The HIDDEN MAN is as HIDDEN MANNA :D

TASTE and SEE, its HIM :D

Daniel

mercie

« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2006, 08:48:09 PM »

Daniel Brother.

AMEN!

orion77

« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2006, 08:54:05 PM »

John the baptists life has great spiritual meaning for us.  And more so, his death.

(Mat 14:3)  For seizing John, Herod bound him and put him into prison, because of Herodias, the wife of his brother Philip.

(Mat 14:4)  For John said to him, It is not lawful for you to have her.

(Mat 14:5)  And desiring to kill him, he feared the multitude, because they held him as a prophet.

(Mat 14:6)  But a birthday feast for Herod being held, the daughter of Herodias danced in the midst and pleased Herod.

(Mat 14:7)  So then he promised with an oath to give her whatever she should ask.

(Mat 14:8)  But she being urged on by her mother, she says, Give me here on a platter the head of John the Baptist.

(Mat 14:9)  And the king was grieved, but because of the oaths, and those who reclined with him, he ordered it to be given.

(Mat 14:10)  And sending, he beheaded John in the prison.

(Mat 14:11)  And his head was brought on a platter and was given to the girl, and she brought it to her mother.

(Mat 14:12)  And having come, his disciples took the body and buried it; and coming, they reported to Jesus.

(Mat 14:13)  And having heard, Jesus withdrew privately from there in a boat, into a deserted place. And hearing, the crowds followed Him on foot out of the cities.

Notice the reasoning of Herod beheading John.  Also the daughter who pleased Herod and who was influencing her.  I think they have spiritual applications.  Also, when Jesus heard of Johns death, He withdrew privately in a boat, into a deserted place.  

(Mat 3:1)  Now in those days John the Baptist came preaching in the deserted places of Judea,

On news of his death, Jesus departs on a boat, into a deserted place.  Interesting?

God bless,

Gary

ciy

« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2006, 08:55:38 PM »

Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.  He is, was, and will be.  He was a quickening spirit.  He is a quickening.  He will be a quickening spirit.  Christ never was a living soul.  That was the first Adam.

I was listening to Ray and he said "Christ is in heaven."  And he is because the heavens are within us.  

It really is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

CIY

mercie

« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2006, 09:04:12 PM »

Why do we live in the Heavens?

Christ Sits at HIS Fathers Right Hand , why the Right? not the Left?

What are Heavens ?

orion77

« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2006, 09:12:12 PM »

(Mat 24:23)  Then if anyone says to you, Behold, here is the Christ! Or, Here! Do not believe.

(Mat 24:24)  For false christs and false prophets will rise up. And they will give great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.

(Mat 24:25)  Behold, I tell you beforehand.

(Mat 24:26)  Then if they say to you, Behold, He is in the wilderness; do not go out. Behold, He is in the inner rooms; do not believe.

(Mat 24:27)  For as the lightning comes forth from the east and shines as far as the west, so also will be the coming of the Son of Man.

(Mat 24:28)  For wherever the dead body may be, there the eagles will be gathered.

(Luk 10:17)  And the seventy returned with joy, saying, Lord, even the demons are subject to us through Your Name.

(Luk 10:18)  And He said to them, I saw Satan falling out of Heaven as lightning!

(Luk 10:19)  Behold, I have given you the authority to tread on snakes and scorpions, and on all the power of the hostile one, and nothing shall hurt you, no, never!

(Luk 10:20)  But stop rejoicing in this, that the evil spirits submit to you. But rather rejoice that your names are written in Heaven.

(Luk 10:21)  In the same hour Jesus rejoiced in the Spirit, and said, I praise You, Father, Lord of Heaven and of earth, that You hid these things from the sophisticated and cunning and revealed them to babes; yes, Father, because so it was pleasing before You.

(Luk 10:22)  All things were delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows who the Son is except the Father; and who is the Father, except the Son, and he to whom the Son may desire to reveal Him.

(Luk 10:23)  And having turned to the disciples alone, He said, Blessed are the eyes seeing what you see.

(Job 36:31)  For He judges the people by them; He gives plenty of food.

(Job 36:32)  He covers His hands with the lightning, and commands it to strike the mark;

(Job 36:33)  its thunder tells about Him; also the cattle, as to what is coming.

(Psa 144:4)  Man is like to vanity; his days are like a shadow that passes.

(Psa 144:5)  Bow down Your heavens, O Jehovah; and come down; touch the mountains and they shall smoke.

(Psa 144:6)  Flash out lightning and scatter them; send out Your arrows and confound them.

(Psa 144:7)  Send Your hand from above; rescue me and deliver me out of great waters, from the hand of a foreigner's sons,

(Psa 144:8)  whose mouths have spoken vanity; and their right hand is a right hand of lies.

(Exo 19:4)  You have seen what I did to Egypt; and I bore you on wings of eagles and brought you to Me.

(Exo 19:5)  And now if listening you will listen to My voice, and will keep My covenant, you shall become a special treasure to Me above all the nations, for all the earth is Mine.

(Exo 19:6)  And you shall become a kingdom of priests for Me, a holy nation. These are the words which you shall speak to the sons of Israel.

Sorry, for the many verses, but it is still good reading.

God bless,

Gary

mercie

« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2006, 09:49:11 PM »

Gary

There will never be to many scriptures .

lightening ? thats interesting?

Mat 24:27) For as the lightning comes forth from the east and shines as far as the west, so also will be the coming of the Son of Man.

chrissiela

« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2006, 10:03:36 PM »

WOW!!!

This thread TOOK OFF!!!  :shock:

great stuff!!

2Ch 6:41  Now therefore arise, O LORD God, into thy resting place, thou, and the ark of thy strength:
let thy priests, O LORD God, be clothed with salvation, and let thy saints rejoice in goodness.

Rom 13:11  And that, knowing the time, that NOW it is high time to awake out of sleep: for NOW is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

2Co 6:2  (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, NOW is the accepted time; behold, NOW is THE DAY  :shock: of salvation.)

Phi 2:12  Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Rev 12:10  And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, NOW IS COME SALVATION, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the POWER of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night[/b].[/list:u]

Chrissie

rvhill

« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2006, 10:04:01 PM »

I am a Millenarianism, and it seem some here are Amillenialism. So, on this subject of the kingdom we will have to agree to disagree.  That is not to say that Holy spirit of Jesus does not touch us. I simple believe there is much more to the Kingdom then we have now.

mercie

« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2006, 10:05:51 PM »

Quote from: rvhill
I am a Millenarianism, and it seem some here are Amillenialism. So, on this subject of the kingdom we will have to agree to disagree.  That is not to say that Holy spirit of Jesus does not touch us. I simple believe there is much more to the Kingdom then we have now.

Thats Fine rv. :D

Thanks for sharing.
Every Blessing

chrissiela

« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2006, 10:08:06 PM »

Quote from: rvhill

If the kingdom has come to us.... and is IN us.... does that 'mean' that there is NOT 'more' to come?

The kingdom has yet to be turned over to the Father so that He may be all in all. Many are still dead. The resurrection is not 'past'.

Chrissie

mercie

« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2006, 10:13:17 PM »

Hello Chrissie.

More to come tomorrow. :D

chrissiela

« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2006, 10:18:39 PM »

Hello mercie!  :D

Not sure what you mean by that...  :roll:  you gonna add more tomorrow? Or you making a prophetic statement??  :lol:  :lol:

Chrissie

mercie

« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2006, 10:19:58 PM »

Quote from: chrissiela
Hello mercie!  :D

Not sure what you mean by that...  :roll:  you gonna add more tomorrow? Or you making a prophetic statement??  :lol:  :lol:

Chrissie

Chrissie

The later. :D

chrissiela

« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2006, 10:21:19 PM »

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  COOL!!  8)

Chrissie

mercie

« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2006, 10:23:14 PM »

Chrissie

You look Good in shades. 8)

eutychus

« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2006, 09:50:36 AM »

im a goober :wink:  a determinist if you will need a lable

13:5
Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves *. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ ((is in you)), except ye be reprobates

Adokimos 2:255,181
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
ad-ok'-ee-mos      Adjective  

Definition
not standing the test, not approved
properly used of metals and coins
that which does not prove itself such as it ought
unfit for, unproved, spurious, reprobate

what is the test??

Luk 6:44 For every tree is known by his own fruit

Jhn 15:5 I am the vine, ye [are] the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing

Dan 4:12 The leaves thereof [were] fair, and the fruit thereof much, and in it [was] meat for all: the beasts of the field had shadow under it, and the fowls of the heaven dwelt in the boughs thereof, and all flesh was fed of it.

Eph 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

orion77

« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2006, 10:36:29 AM »

(Exo 16:4)  And Jehovah said to Moses, Behold, I AM! Bread will rain from the heavens for you. And the people shall go out and gather the matter of a day in its day, so that I may test them, whether they will walk in My Law or not.

(Exo 20:20)  And Moses said to the people, Do not be afraid, for God has come in order to test you, and so that His fear may be on your faces, that you may not sin.

(Psa 17:3)  You will test my heart; You will visit in the night; You will refine me; You will find nothing; my thoughts do not pass beyond my mouth.

(Psa 17:4)  As to the doings of men, by the Words of Your lips I keep from the paths of the violent.

(Psa 15:1)  A Psalm of David. O Jehovah, who shall dwell in Your tabernacle? Who shall live in Your holy mountain?

(Psa 15:2)  He who walks uprightly and works righteousness, and speaks the truth in his heart.

(Psa 15:3)  He does not backbite with his tongue, nor does evil to his friend, nor lifts up a reproach against his neighbor.

(Psa 15:4)  In his eyes, the reprobate has been despised, but he honors those who fear Jehovah: He has sworn to his hurt, and will not change it.

(Psa 15:5)  He has not given his silver at interest; nor has he taken a bribe against the innocent; he who does these things shall not be shaken forever.

(Rom 1:28)  And even as they did not think fit to have God in their knowledge, God gave them up to a reprobate mind, to do the things not right,

(Rom 1:29)  having been filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, iniquity, covetousness, malice, being full of envy, murder, quarrels, deceit, evil habits, becoming whisperers,

(Rom 1:30)  slanderers, God-haters, insolent, proud, braggarts, devisers of evil things, disobedient to parents,

(Rom 1:31)  without discernment, covenant breakers, without natural affection, unforgiving, unmerciful,

(Rom 1:32)  who knowing the righteous order of God, that those practicing such things are worthy of death, not only do them, but also approve those practicing them.

Psalms, all of the 89th chapter is good, also.

God bless,

Gary
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 17 queries.