bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: No one is greater then John the baptist!  (Read 20999 times)

rvhill

No one is greater then John the baptist!
« on: June 07, 2006, 02:54:22 PM »

Matthew 11:11 I tell you the truth: Among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

This a powerful thing to think about. For many reason it mean all the great men of history or less then the least in heaven. Name the great people you admirer the mos in life and they are less then the least in heaven. Also, who really want to be the least in the kingdom of heaven. I don't know about you, but I want to be first. Being first is what Paul race was all about.

eutychus

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 03:06:38 PM »

i was talking to a freind and we where discussing non beleivers who
do wonderfull things and help other people out.

seems they actually do more and live better lives than alot of "christians"

we came to the conclusion, that these people might actually be better off than alot of "christians"

and that possible God has blinded them for that very reason.
 and that they might not beleieve because of the hypocrasy they see.

many so called christians will see these non beleivers rewards and gnash
 thier teeth.

Da 12:2
And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

D@ra'own TWOT - 450a
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
der-aw-one'        Noun Masculine  

Definition
aversion, abhorrence

they will be abhored by the way they acted. thinking themselves better
just because ""they""" chose Christ.

did i get this across right???

euty

Deedle

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 03:13:50 PM »

Hey Chuck,

I totally see it that way too.

Luk 12:47  
And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more

In Love  :wink:

Deedle

ciy

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 03:28:57 PM »

First one in Gospels to be filled with the Holy Spirit is Elizabeth (Elizah's house) in Luke 1:41 then next is Zacharias (the high priest of Israel) in Luke 1:67 then the song of Zacharias is amazing.  Of course you have Luke 1:65-66 that says "And fear came on all that dwelt round about them: and all these sayings were noised abroad throughout all the hill country of Judea.  And all they that heard them laid them up in their hearts, saying, What manner of child shall this be! And the hand of the Lord was with him.  Talking about John.

Pretty amazing child.  "Unto us a son is born.  Unto us a child is given."
CIY

eutychus

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 03:30:04 PM »

Quote from: Deedle
Hey Chuck,

I totally see it that way too.

Luk 12:47  
And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more

In Love  :wink:

Deedle

God is sooooo Good.

let us all be humble and praise him.

Mat 5:46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mat 5:47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more [than others]? do not even the publicans so?

grace
chuckt

Daniel

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 03:56:48 PM »

Okay, this always stumped me :lol:

Matthew 11:11 I tell you the truth: Among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

Mathew 5:9 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven:[/u] but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

As of yet I'm truly missing this one by comparison :lol:

Daniel

eutychus

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 04:02:02 PM »

Quote from: Daniel

Mathew 5:9 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven:[/u] but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Daniel

this is where we must follow the subject matter :wink:

dan, go back and read the whole chapter of mathew5, then tell us what you see.

peace
chuckt

rocky

Re: No one is greater then John the baptist!
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 04:13:34 PM »

Quote from: rvhill

This a powerful thing to think about. For many reason it mean all the great men of history or less then the least in heaven. Name the great people you admirer the mos in life and they are less then the least in heaven. Also, who really want to be the least in the kingdom of heaven. I don't know about you, but I want to be first. Being first is what Paul race was all about.

Seems to me that John the Baptist represented the law, preparing the way for Christ.  Our tutor to lead us to Christ.  

The kingdom of God represents those who have died to the law, and risen with Christ, so are greater than what John represents.  

Just as we have to die to the law, John himself was beheaded.  We have to lose our head, to have the true Head, Christ, the head of the "body".

Daniel

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 04:28:45 PM »

Quote from: eutychus

Daniel

this is where we must follow the subject matter :wink:

dan, go back and read the whole chapter of mathew5, then tell us what you see.

peace
chuckt

I was not going to say anything :lol: I got it Euty :wink:

Acts 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

1Cr 1:14 I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;

1Cr 15:9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

Ephes 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;[/u]

Ephes 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by "the effectual working" of his power.[/u]

Ephes 3:2  If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Got it

Gal 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.[/u]

He would BE CALLED "The LEAST" but was NOT the LEAST of them :lol:

Then theres THAT which is CALLED the circumcision and THAT which is CALLED the uncircumsion. AWESOME how He hides stuff aint it? :lol:

Daniel

mercie

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 04:30:11 PM »

Quote Rocky Balboa :D .Seems to me that John the Baptist represented the law, preparing the way for Christ. Our tutor to lead us to Christ.

The kingdom of God represents those who have died to the law, and risen with Christ, so are greater than what John represents.

Just as we have to die to the law, John himself was beheaded. We have to lose our head, to have the true Head, Christ, the head of the "body".

Agreed Rocky representing the law, as all those in Christ will loose their Head for HIM

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and [I saw] the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received [his] mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years

love_magnified

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2006, 04:32:42 PM »

Daniel

The Kingdom is not heaven. The kingdom is right now on earth. It is among us, at hand. We are the kingdom. But remember, the kingdom is like a large net filled with fish. The Fisherman spreads the fish on the deck and starts to separate some fish from other fish, for many are called a few are chosen. There are many wicked servants in the kingdom, who will be separated out. That is the kingdom we wish to enter into, that which will judge the world and deliver creation.

eutychus

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2006, 04:38:29 PM »

the kingdom is and will be. :wink:

i have had people tell me that following the commandments produces love.

when i tell then NO its the otherway around they say i am saying its ok to sin, it breaks my heart.

Exd 14:3 For Pharaoh will say of the children of Israel, They [are] entangled in the land, the ((((wilderness hath shut them in)))).

they focus on the law, they deny Christ in the flesh, Christ fullfilled the law

christ is the end of the law for us, amen

no longer shut up in the wilderness, from where John preached.

peace
yall
chuckt

chrissiela

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2006, 04:40:54 PM »

Quote from: Love_Magnified
The Kingdom is not heaven.

Are we not seated with Christ in the 'heavenlies'.

Joh 3:13  And
no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Joh 14:3  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Rev 11:12  And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.[/list:u]

Blessings,
Chrissie

love_magnified

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2006, 04:48:43 PM »

Yes, but the kingdom is not a matter of waiting to die and go to heaven. Those scriptures testify to that. The reason that the least in the kingdom are greater than John the Baptist, is because the least of these have the spirit of Christ within them.

eutychus

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2006, 04:52:04 PM »

Quote from: love_magnified
Yes, but the kingdom is not a matter of waiting to die and go to heaven. Those scriptures testify to that. The reason that the least in the kingdom are greater than John the Baptist, is because the least of these have the spirit of Christ within them.

also,

think partical excelleration :shock:

think molecular structures not bound by laws of the physical universe :shock:

small is big and big is small :shock:  :shock:  click on link.

some here have seen this before notice the numbers

http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/java/scienceopticsu/powersof10/index.html

:P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P

love_magnified

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2006, 04:55:50 PM »

Dang that's cool. How long have you been waiting to link that one? ;)

chrissiela

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2006, 04:56:24 PM »

Oh, sorry. I don't think Daniel was saying that. If so, I missed it. Daniel's repeatedly said that we don't die (physically) for these things to be true.

So what you said threw me off.  :oops:

Chrissie

Daniel

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2006, 04:57:51 PM »

Amen Love_magnified, Children born NOT of FLESH NOR OF BLOOD but BORN OF GOD.

No physical truths spiritual truths

Daniel

Daniel

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2006, 05:01:27 PM »

Quote from: chrissiela

Oh, sorry. I don't think Daniel was saying that. If so, I missed it. Daniel's repeatedly said that we don't die (physically) for these things to be true.

So what you said threw me off.  :oops:

Chrissie

No I wasn't, sorry if I caused confusion. I had asked a question only to show "the point" by way of comparison found in Paul. I'm not sure how Love_magnified was seeing what I was sharing, I didn't catch that one. I actually agree with what Love_Maginified said. The not dying to "go to" heaven. I think your both right on.

Daniel

mercie

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2006, 05:05:04 PM »

E.

Awesome link .

He who is the greatest will become the least , He who is the Least the Greatest. :D
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.