bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thankfulness.  (Read 5059 times)

Amrhrasach

Thankfulness.
« on: May 06, 2009, 02:25:01 PM »

For many years I would read the bible sometimes starting at the beginning and sometimes just books or chapters, but, understanding was lacking and anything I did understand was, at best, elementary, if even that.   And I wished many times that I could find someone who could explain it in a way that a serious understanding could be fostered. 

Enter L. Ray Smith and BT.   

(And finally, now, I remember how it was that I came across BT.   I was searching the internet on “Lucifer” being the changed arch-angel.)

These days all of Ray’s papers on BT website and of the forum have been printed and nicely categorized in labeled binders.   For the last couple of weeks, however, I’ve not been reading Ray’s teachings.  I’m not sure exactly why.  Being “busy” with other things doesn’t normally play with me so I’m at loss as to the de-motivation.   It’s an uncommon thing for me to not have a book in hand for those few lull moments when I can read.  But, that hasn’t been the case of late.  A very strange feeling.

Nonetheless yesterday I felt an urge to read something, ANYTHING.  So the decision came to just start with LOF Part 1 and go.   Start at the beginning and re-read all the way through.  Good plan.   I wasn’t 3 paragraphs into and felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude and a “lifting” (for lack of a better word).  I really don’t know how to describe this lifting, but it’s a good thing.   When I first came to Ray’s teachings I felt a lifting then, although I didn’t quite understand what, or why.  I just had a sense of security that I had latched onto someone who understood.  And the greatest part was he was willing to share, even at an expense of scorn from those who “think” they understand.  I admired Ray’s fortitude then, still do. The way Ray teaches is exactly what was, and still is, needed, like this:
  “KEEPING THE SIMPLE , SIMPLE”  “Must we all be theologians with a 150 IQ to understand these things? That leaves me out.” http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html    Ray’s sense of humor shines through, as does his strength in how to convey his understanding.  Yet, it’s apparent his teaching style is not meant to exclude anyone hungry for truth because he’s been exactly where everyone else begins, at the beginning of understanding.

Anyway, today, I felt a need to thank God, thank God for his son and sacrifice, and to thank God for Ray, admiration abound, and then to write this out and to share.  And who better to share with than those who are of like mind?   We have been blessed and I feel quite certain no-one would disagree.

Thank God discouragement, in any form, is always held within the strict confines of God’s measure, none more, none less.

Gary

Marky Mark

Re: Thankfulness.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 03:11:12 PM »

Psalm 100

1  Make a glad sound to the Lord, all the earth.

2 Give worship to the Lord with joy; come before him with a song.

3 Be certain that the Lord is God; it is he who has made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep to whom he gives food.

4 Come into his doors with joy, and into his house with praise; give him honour, blessing his name.

5 For the Lord is good, and his mercy is never-ending; his faith is unchanging through all generations.

Peace...Mark

daywalker

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 04:23:12 PM »

Excellent post, Gary!

I still don't remember what "exactly" I was searching for online when I stumbled upon BT.. But I certainly remember how I was feeling as I read his writings. I know the "lifting" feeling you're talking about. For me, it was weights being lifted up off me and thus I felt as if I was "floating" like I was lighter in weight [I guess how astronauts feel on the moon ???]

I remember being in "shock" also, as Ray exposed and destroyed doctrine after doctrine, all of which I so ignorantly had believed all my life! He made so much sense... TOO MUCH SENSE! I felt stupid...After reading a few Installments of the LOF, I jumped to the Trinity paper.. I remember saying out loud, "Oh come on!" Like he was going to debunk the Trinity also.. But HE DID! hahaha

I then read "Fools..." and then went back to the LOF, and so on.. Wow! The amount of "wisdom" I've gained via Ray's teachings and also through this Forum.. If my today-self met my one-year-ago-self, I don't think they'd recognize each other! [I hope that makes sense...]

Anyways, good times!

- Daywalker. 8)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 01:13:44 AM »

Nonetheless yesterday I felt an urge to read something, ANYTHING.  So the decision came; Start at the beginning and re-read all the way through.  Good plan. 

hi gary,
three guesses Where the Urge you felt came From and Where the Decision came from. and of course you can't leave out Whose Good Plan it was. ok, here are the answers:

Urge ------ Holy Spirit
Decision--- Holy Spirit
Good Plan - Abba Father

but i know that you already knew that. i just was blown away reading how God's Hand is working in your life. oh, and the "lifting" you felt...kinda like the Wind of The Spirit beneath the wings of your heart of understanding. corny sounding maybe, but, well, that's ok too.

thanks for the opportunity to AGAIN praise our God and Father and say Thank You to our Brother Savior Jesus Christ.

claudia

p.s.  i was Sent to the BT website almost 3 yrs ago after i googled t.d. jakes  :o
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 01:17:13 AM by cjwood »

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 01:43:15 AM »

Anyway, today, I felt a need to thank God, thank God for his son and sacrifice, and to thank God for Ray, admiration abound, and then to write this out and to share.  And who better to share with than those who are of like mind?   We have been blessed and I feel quite certain no-one would disagree.

Thank God discouragement, in any form, is always held within the strict confines of God’s measure, none more, none less.

Gary

brother Gary,

Let me join you in giving Thanks To GOD And Our Lord Jesus Christ for EVERYTHING.

I then read "Fools..." and then went back to the LOF, and so on.. Wow! The amount of "wisdom" I've gained via Ray's teachings and also through this Forum.. If my today-self met my one-year-ago-self, I don't think they'd recognize each other! [I hope that makes sense...]

Anyways, good times!

- Daywalker.

Daywalker,

I did pass by my old self yesterday, he sneered at me  >:( and said something like (Jesus Nut) ??? in disdain. I said bless you my old self; talk about a close encounter of the strange kind :-\ .

hi gary,
three guesses Where the Urge you felt came From and Where the Decision came from. and of course you can't leave out Whose Good Plan it was. ok, here are the answers:

Urge ------ Holy Spirit
Decision--- Holy Spirit
Good Plan - Abba Father

claudia

Claudia,

Thanks for the answers, i might even had got them right too.

Php 4: 4-7 (CLV)
4 Be rejoicing in the Lord always! Again, I will declare, be rejoicing!"
5 Let your lenience be known to all men: the Lord is near.
6 Do not worry about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God,
7 and the peace of God, that is superior to every frame of mind, shall be garrisoning your hearts and your apprehensions in Christ Jesus."

george ;D.

Ocean

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 06:17:05 PM »

Gary, i love your apt post....all i can say is 'ditto' :).

I have only posted 40 odd messages.....but i have spent countless hours reading and learning from this Forum. I can only access this while at work as i'm not connected at home (i wish i was >:().....so every spare sec/min is BT-time for me....can't seem to get enough of it.

WOuld like to thank all the others who have replied too.....i so appreciate your wisdom and clarifications. I'm now becoming familiar with your names  ;D and i'm blessed to have such mentors, who continue Ray's good work......God bless you all.

In gratitude,
Ocean

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 07:50:54 PM »

I did pass by my old self yesterday, he sneered at me  >:( and said something like (Jesus Nut) ??? in disdain. I said bless you my old self; talk about a close encounter of the strange kind :-\

george,
this statement of yours was absolutely hilarious, and so true. as was daywalker's about our current selves passing our old selves. i can see old claudia passing new claudia and saying, "hey, Jesus freak!"

claudia

Marlene

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 11:50:47 PM »

I am thankful everyday that God used every facet of my life to bring me in here. I am most thankful for his Love and dying for the whole world. It is easier to love  and forgive others when we see the Love of God. I thank God for you all. It makes tis journey easier.

I have shared some with a few people. I am sure with my husbands family they think I have lost it.

No wonder, sometimes I can barely recognize myself either.

Claudia, I am a Jesus Freak too!

In His Love,
Marlene

9440geoff

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 05:35:52 PM »

I relate with what you said , Gary, and agree entirely with it. The feeling that I have more and more is one of 'priviledge' in that I don't know why God has chosen me to know His marvelous truths revealed through Ray on this site, but I feel so grateful. Like Ocean? I don't post much but I read a lot and feel that I have a close family with you all. I am very grateful for the wisdom, discernment and love that you all share in your postings.
Geoff.

judith collier

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 06:06:30 PM »

Gary, this has happened so many times in my life that when that unmotivated, discouraged feeling comes on I remember that the Good(God) will come again and not worry. We live in a physical body and sometimes we just get in a funk, spiritually too. But now I look forward to being delivered. Judy Praise God!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 22 queries.