bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Life Issues/Trials?  (Read 12862 times)

EKnight

Life Issues/Trials?
« on: May 06, 2009, 10:42:37 PM »

Since I have been here at BT I have come to the understanding that "the called" are tried and tested here on earth and those that endure or overcome to the end are the chosen.

My question is, how does one differentiate between being tried and just plain and simply experiencing life's difficulties.  For instance, people's loved ones get sick and die, or they have financial troubles, or marital difficulties or family issues, and the list goes on.  But these things happen to believers and non-believers alike. And most people will live through it. 

Through the eyes of a believer, these things are trials but to non-believers they are but life's woes.  So, what's the difference? Or, what difference does it make?

Eileen

aqrinc

Re: Life Issues/Trials?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 11:13:17 PM »

Hi Eileen,

Ray has written some on this subject, he quotes: Ecc 1:13 several times. That Scripture is not in isolation by any means, below are what i understand to be Spiritual matches for that quote. Notice that The Scriptures Say; this experience is given to the sons of humanity.

An experience of evil is for everyone, since we are the sons of humanity; (all of us have to learn), even the current blind and deaf.

Ecc 1:13 (KJV)
I applied my heart to inquiring and exploring by wisdom concerning all that is done under the heavens:it is an experience of evil Elohim has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it.

Witness #1
Ecc 3: 10-11 (CLV)
10 I see the experience that Elohim gives To the sons of humanity to humble them by it.
11 He has made everything fitting in its season; However, He has put obscurity in their heart So that the man may not find out His work, That which the One, Elohim, does from the beginning to the terminus."

Witness #2
Ecc 4:8 (CLV)
There was one person, but there was no second; There even was no son or brother for him; Also there was no end to all his toil, Yet his eyes were not satisfied with his riches. Then he said, For whom am I toiling And making my soul lack good? This too is vanity, and it is an experience of evil."

Witness #3
Ecc 8: 11-17 (CLV)
11 Because there is no sentence executed quickly against the evil deed, Therefore the heart of the sons of humanity in them is fully given to do evil."
12 Though a sinner does a hundred evils and days are prolonged for him, Yet I know that good shall come to those fearful of the One, Elohim, Who fear before Him."
13 Yet good shall not come to the wicked one, Nor shall he prolong his days like a shadow, Because there is no fear before Elohim."
14 There is another vanity that is done on the earth:There are righteous men for whom retribution is according to the work of the wicked, And there are wicked ones for whom retribution is according to the work of the righteous; I say that this too is vanity."
15 So I lauded rejoicing, Since there is no good for a man under the sun Save to eat and to drink and to rejoice. And it shall lodge with him in his toil through the days of his life, Which the One, Elohim, gives to him under the sun."
16 When I applied my heart to know wisdom, And to see the experience that is appointed on earth (For both by day and night, there is no seeing of sleep for Him with His eyes),
17 Then I saw in all the work of the One, Elohim, That a man is not able to find out the work that is done under the sun, Forasmuch as a man may toil in seeking it out but shall not find it; And even if a wise man says he knows, he is not able to find it out."

All these witnesses and there are more in this book alone, hope you find your answer right in these Scriptures.

george. :)

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 12:12:25 AM »

Since I have been here at BT I have come to the understanding that "the called" are tried and tested here on earth and those that endure or overcome to the end are the chosen.

My question is, how does one differentiate between being tried and just plain and simply experiencing life's difficulties.  For instance, people's loved ones get sick and die, or they have financial troubles, or marital difficulties or family issues, and the list goes on.  But these things happen to believers and non-believers alike. And most people will live through it. 

Through the eyes of a believer, these things are trials but to non-believers they are but life's woes.  So, what's the difference? Or, what difference does it make?

Eileen

Hello Eileen,

All is of God...so all trials, tribulations, 'life issues', etc. come from God. They are to humble us, build character, love, patience, etc.

The Elect/Chosen come to a knowledge and understanding of this throughout their lifetime...for others, they either fall away, become led to deception, go back into the world, or they never come out of the world and/or church to begin with.

In the categorized list of Ray's email responses, check out the sections titled 'Repentance' & 'Overcoming' (http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3108.0.html)...these may help as well.

Hope this helps,

Marques

EKnight

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 12:29:51 AM »

Hi Marques and George,

The scriptures and ideals presented by both of you are only beneficial to believers.  A non-believer does not read scripture.  Sure, from where I sit, I can see God's handiwork but for a person just living life, what is the point of their suffering?  What do they learn?

Most of these scriptures talk of evil.  To me, evil is beheading american journalists in the middle east, or molesting and murdering children, or raping women in a public forum as an act of war etc etc.  But losing a loved one, or marital woes and all those other things I previously mentioned, is not evil to me.  Those are just things that most people will experience in their lifetime.  We here at BT would call them trials sometimes.

What are the benefits to these life trials for non-believers? I know good people who suffer but God is not in the picture for them.  So scripture is meaningless or even non-existent to them.

I look around me and see people just living their lives day to day and wonder how God effects their lives if they don't believe. ??? ??? ???

I hope I am getting my point across. :-\

Eileen

mharrell08

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 12:40:07 AM »

Hi Marques and George,

The scriptures and ideals presented by both of you are only beneficial to believers.  A non-believer does not read scripture.  Sure, from where I sit, I can see God's handiwork but for a person just living life, what is the point of their suffering?  What do they learn?

Most of these scriptures talk of evil.  To me, evil is beheading american journalists in the middle east, or molesting and murdering children, or raping women in a public forum as an act of war etc etc.  But losing a loved one, or marital woes and all those other things I previously mentioned, is not evil to me.  Those are just things that most people will experience in their lifetime.  We here at BT would call them trials sometimes.

What are the benefits to these life trials for non-believers? I know good people who suffer but God is not in the picture for them.  So scripture is meaningless or even non-existent to them.

I look around me and see people just living their lives day to day and wonder how God effects their lives if they don't believe. ??? ??? ???

I hope I am getting my point across. :-\

Eileen

Yes, you are getting your point across but it seems mine got lost somewhere:

All is of God...so all trials, tribulations, 'life issues', etc. come from God. They are to humble us, build character, love, patience, etc.

Whether someone knows 'all is of God' or not is irrelevant...all circumstances, situations, experiences, etc come from God. These all help build and mold everyone's character...we see these results in each other's lives.

Think of the many, many people we know in our lives that has experienced a death of a friend or family member...these same people show a greater appreciation for life in almost all those cases, even if temporary. Now then, how many of those know spiritual truths of God's word? Very few if any...

Character building is character building...doesn't matter if the person knows where it's coming from...they will soon enough, in this age or the next.

Thanks,

Marques

aqrinc

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 12:57:24 AM »

Ditto from me Eileen, read my previous post again, all the words blue-bold included.

george. ;D

Kat

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 01:18:10 AM »

Hi Eileen,

I look at it this way, this life is for the experience that we gain by living it, both good and evil.  Even the Elect are blind to begin with and their experiences at that time serve a purpose.  These life experiences developes character in us from our thoughts and actions, so we have have good or bad traits.  Then when someone has their eyes opened they must overcome the bad character traits they have developed from their past life.  But they learned from the experiences they had about good and evil, it a process.  For a few this judgment begins now.

1Peter 4:17  For the time has come for judgment to begin with the household of God; and if it begins with us, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?

So it is with all of humanity we are having an experience of life right now and for most their judgment will come later in the LOF.  Only a very few know the meaning of this life and the process that is going on at this time, much less what will happen after this life.

1Co 3:12  Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw,
v. 13  each one's work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one's work, of what sort it is.
v. 14  If anyone's work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward.
v. 15  If anyone's work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Roy Martin

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 09:49:12 AM »

Im quite certain that Gods presence in my life is an influence to some that have crossed my path, even though they might be non believers. We go through the trials with hope and trust in God. Nonbelievers just go through it as they do, but they are an influence on us as we are them.
 I remember when I was a nonbeliever that from time to time I  would think to myself that I would like to have some of what that believer had.
 When I look at the world I cant keep from being thankful.
 It takes the negative and the positive kind of thing. Where there is smoke, there's fire.
Am I making any sense here?  A weed grows with the flower but the weed produces a flower. Definitively there is no difference. One good, one bad, but they are both flowers.
God is working in all of us, the whole world, good and or the bad.

Roy
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 10:52:38 AM by Roy Martin »

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 07:33:07 PM »

Since all is of God, God controls everyone and everything.
Did Pharaoh know that by being an unbeliever & worshiping false gods, he was doing the will of God?   

did claudia's husband know that by being an unbeliever, he was doing the will of God?

The same applies to non-believers todayGod works through them to reach his children who do believe.   
Every single person has a purpose in which they are raised up for
That person suited the need that God created them for.   
Every person you see around you, has a purpose under God's plan
It doesn't matter if they believe in God or not,
God believes in each one of them and uses each one of them for His purposes.

these quotes from jacobbsladdr reminded me of the circumstance in my life that first caused me to question the whole burning in hell doctrine. one day about 6-7 yrs ago, i was discussing things of the Scriptures with my husband, who is a non-believer (he describes himself as an agnostic). anyway, he made the statement that why would he want to believe in a God who was going to burn everyone in hellfire forever if they didn't believe in Jesus Christ. he mentioned all the millions of people in other countries who were very loving, kind people who happened to have been raised in their cultures believing as a hindu or buddhist, or muslim, but would be sent to hell because they did not learn of Jesus Christ.

and the rest is history so to speak. it was at that moment, after my husband the non-believer, made his statements that all i could say in my church indoctrinated dogma was that, "well, that's what the bible says, that no one can come to the Father except through Jesus Christ". i PRAISE MY FATHER for not allowing me to continue in that spiritual ignorance. He yanked me by the neck and sat me down and then quietly whispered to me that it was all a LIE.  :-\  it was that very moment that God had planned for me from the beginning, that moment when an unbelieving spouse would be used in the life of a believing spouse to SHOW the believer that what i thought was the truth was blasphemy. the god that would send his enemies to burn in hellfire forever was a false god. the True God is LOVE, and He is a Father who loves all His creation, and uses each and everyone of us for His purpose.

so anyway...i just wanted to offer a case in point where God again has used an unbeliever for HIS purposes. there are many other circumstances that God has brought about through my husband, that He has used to teach me and to remind me that He is driving THIS car.

claudia
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 07:34:39 PM by cjwood »

judith collier

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2009, 04:01:14 AM »

Eileen, what's that saying, "there are no atheists in a foxhole." I don't think those unbelievers are doing as good as the believers in handling their problems. Some of them go through the worst hell imaginable until they are brought to their knees. I don't know how some of them get through it all. Well, they don't, look at the prisons, the druggies, the alcholics, etc.  Judy

aqrinc

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2009, 04:29:48 AM »

That is right Judy, we are all in this war against this evil experience, some of us have better covering by GOD'S Choice, not our merit.

Rom 8: 20-22 (KJV)
20  For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21  Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22  For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

EKnight

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2009, 12:42:41 PM »

Thanks for all the replies.

I guess I am just watching someone going through something and wonder if this is going to have a positive effect in the long run.  I can see the potential positives because I know it is all of God but don't know how this person will see it since she doesn't not believe as I do.

It's not just this instance but there are so many people in my life who don't give God a second thought and just take life as it comes whereas I am keenly aware of God's presence in all things.

Many times I have to ask myself if a certain happening is for my benefit at all.  Maybe I over analyze or over think these things to the point where I start to question if I would be better off being like those who are unaware.  I know that I would not be better off, but it makes me wonder.

Eileen

Roy Martin

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2009, 12:53:32 PM »

Eileen, you cant be like the others you spoke about. Been there, tried it. God brought me back.
 Few are chosen. Im not sure if Im one of the chosen, but I know Im chosen for something other than being like them. I just go with the flow of the Spirit.

Roy

Marlene

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2009, 02:04:39 PM »

Roy, I am like you on that. I don't know if I am choosen, but something definitely will not let go of me. I don't want to let go. I want my trials now. Believe me they come. I just, pray I never have to go through this again. Yes, life is full of mental torment. You think you are overcoming something only to see your heart deceives you. But, I just lean on God.

Someday, the whole world will be woke up. I just thank him for giving me eyes to see and ears to hear. I do have to admit its hard for me to be around my Husbands family cause I know they think I have lost it. But, my Husband is fine with what I believe so it doesn't matter what his family think. They will all see someday or maybe in this time.

God tells me I am all you need. I don't want  praise of man, I look forward to him just forgiving me and taking me into his kingdom if  he wants me. We have been blessed to know things others do not. Just, pray for them. All, we can do.

In His Love,
Marlene

Roy Martin

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2009, 05:00:32 PM »

If someone tells me Im out there or lost it, I say, praise God for that or Amen to that. It gets them every time.

Roy

EKnight

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2009, 05:09:32 PM »

My sister asked me last week if I was part of a cult!!  I said, not unless following the bible is a cult.

Eileen

Marlene

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2009, 11:00:04 PM »

Eileen and Roy, I will have to remember those. I know, from looks they have given me they think I have lost it. I left my chiropractor  with his mouth hanging open. I told him I believed Jesus is the Saviour of the World. I had to change my appt. so I go back to him Monday. I will let you all know what he thinks about Ray's website. He was interested in reading it.

In His Love,
Marlene

aqrinc

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2009, 11:59:48 PM »

Eileen,

Here is some very good information for you to go over. I would move it around, but you need to at least read all this excerpt.

Excerpt from: The Lake of Fire - Part VIII     http://bible-truths.com/lake8.html 

WHERE IS THE CHURCH THAT JESUS BUILT?

FROM GLORY TO GLORY

There is a progression in the rewards promised to the conquering overcomers in the Churches that is vital for us to see and understand. If one is "saved" (past tense, finished, completed, with absolutely no possibility of losing that salvation at any time before we die), then there are indeed some Scriptural contradictions to such a theory.

We need to get very serious for a moment. Salvation culminates for the believer in the First Resurrection to spiritual life and immortality. However, before that time, during the life of each believer, there are warnings in the Scriptures about ways that one can become disqualified from being in the first resurrection. Let’s notice just a few of them:

"Wherefore let him that thinks he stands take heed LEST HE FALL" (I Cor. 10:12).

"If they should FALL AWAY, to renew them again unto repentance…" (Heb. 6:6), and

"For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins. But a certain fearful looking for of JUDGMENT and fiery indignation [the lake of fire] which shall devour the adversaries" (Heb. 10:26-27).

"Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; you are FALLEN FROM GRACE" (Gal. 5:4).

"Looking diligently lest any man FAIL OF THE GRACE of God…" (Heb. 12:15).

"They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation FALL AWAY" (Luke 8:13).

"Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a FALLING AWAY first…" (II The. 2:3).

"But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should (be) A CASTAWAY [Gk: disqualified]" (I Cor. 9:27).

"Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron" (I Tim. 4:1).

"For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the LATTER END IS WORSE WITH THEM THAN THE BEGINNING [before they were converted]. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, TO TURN FROM the holy commandment delivered unto them" (II Peter 2:20-21). 

"And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough [having begun to follow Christ] and looking back [desiring his old sinful life again] IS FIT FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD" (Luke 9:62).
Don’t think that these verses were written in vain. Jesus said that "many" would say to Him in that day, "Lord, Lord…," but Jesus will tell them to "depart." It is not enough to accept Jesus Christ as your Saviour and go no further. You must continue growing spiritually. We must CONTINUE following Christ all the days of our life.

"Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on Him, If you CONTINUE in My word, then are you my disciples indeed" (John 8:31).

There are some encouraging words in the Scriptures, however, that tell us that there is a way to know in your walk with Christ whether you are SAFE from ever falling away, and the message to the Seven Churches contains this same teaching. Peter tells us how we can be SURE that we will NEVER FALL:

"And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; and to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; and to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brother kindness charity [LOVE] … Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for IF YOU DO THESE THINGS, YOU SHALL NEVER FALL (II Pet. 1:5-7 & 10).

Roy Martin

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2009, 10:14:15 AM »

Hello George
If any should fall away, wouldn't that be Gods will?
  Just when I think I have understanding, I see the word if in the Scriptures you quoted above. I know that God is always in control. I feel like I just got back on the the merry go round. ???

Roy

« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 10:23:15 AM by Roy Martin »

EKnight

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2009, 11:48:03 AM »

Roy,

I thought the same thing when I read:

"For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins. But a certain fearful looking for of JUDGMENT and fiery indignation [the lake of fire] which shall devour the adversaries" (Heb. 10:26-27).

I don't know that I "sin willfully", I just sin, I am a "sinning machine".  So when I read a scripture like the one above, I too am back to the drawing board of knowledge.  I can't figure out how others read this and easily reconcile it in their minds.  It brings forth questions in my mind and yet others seem to either just disregard it or understand it better than me?  It's having to constantly question these things that makes me just want to throw in the towel.  Someone tries to answer one of my simple questions with scripture and I just end up with more questions.  It's just frustrating and I am sick of saying "oh I guess God just doesn't want me to see or hear yet".  At times I am convinced God is drawing me away.  :(

Eileen

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 22 queries.