bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Life Issues/Trials?  (Read 13083 times)

Marky Mark

Re: Life Issues/Trials?
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2009, 12:11:47 PM »

Roy,

I thought the same thing when I read:

"For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins. But a certain fearful looking for of JUDGMENT and fiery indignation [the lake of fire] which shall devour the adversaries" (Heb. 10:26-27).

I don't know that I "sin willfully", I just sin, I am a "sinning machine".  So when I read a scripture like the one above, I too am back to the drawing board of knowledge.  I can't figure out how others read this and easily reconcile it in their minds.  It brings forth questions in my mind and yet others seem to either just disregard it or understand it better than me? 
It's having to constantly question these things that makes me just want to throw in the towel.
  Someone tries to answer one of my simple questions with scripture and I just end up with more questions.  It's just frustrating and I am sick of saying "oh I guess God just doesn't want me to see or hear yet".  At times I am convinced God is drawing me away.  :(

Eileen

Eileen,email to Ray.Hope it helps your understanding some. :)

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1710.0.html

Hi Ray,

Can u please write an article on Faith, there seems to be  a confusion about what is faith and how it operates, Im sure youir article will clear a lot of things, like the other articles have done.
God bless
Noxolo 

Dear Noxolo:

I would love to write a paper on "faith," but at present I am engrossed in several other projects. Let me "bottom line" it for you in a few statements.

Faith is the assurance that God's Word is Truth and that God will do all that He has promised.  This assurance (faith) is a GIFT of God and cannot be obtained by any human endeavor (Eph. 2:8-9).  Reading and hearing the Scriptures can increase your faith, BUT ONLY BECAUSE GOD SUPERNATURALLY GIVES YOU THAT FAITH AND ASSURANCE, as you read and hear.  Through faith you will both know God's will and live God's will.  You must go to God for faith--there is no other source of true spiritual faith and assurance of God's trustworthiness.

God be with you,

Ray

Peace...Mark

EKnight

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2009, 12:34:58 PM »

Marky mark

My problem is I keep coming here for understanding or at least for validation of my understanding.  But when I read the bible, and if I trust in God alone, then my understanding should not need validation from men.  However, when I do look for validation in my understanding, I don't get it.  I only find confusion.  In other words, I think I understand something and then I read things here and I don't see the same thing that others see and then I abandon what I thought I knew for what someone says something means and that doesn't feel right.  Do you understand what I am trying to say?  :-\

Eileen

Marky Mark

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2009, 01:20:11 PM »

Marky mark

My problem is I keep coming here for understanding or at least for validation of my understanding.  But when I read the bible, and if I trust in God alone, then my understanding should not need validation from men.  However, when I do look for validation in my understanding, I don't get it.  I only find confusion.  In other words, I think I understand something and then I read things here and I don't see the same thing that others see and then I abandon what I thought I knew for what someone says something means and that doesn't feel right.  Do you understand what I am trying to say?  :-\

Eileen

I think I know what you are saying Eileen. Before coming to the Truths of the Lord I too was in a constant flux on my understanding of the Word. When God starts to work in our lives we Truly only begin to realize that what we have, and learn, of the Spirit, can only come from Him. Reading Rays material was how God finally opened my eyes to His ways and what needed to be worked out [in myself].We can only rely on our Father to give us the eyes to see and understand His way and what ultimately we are, as His children.All in His time.
I would suggest spending as much time as you can on bible-truths and meditate on what you read and ask our Father for His Divine guidance in what He wants you to know of the Spirit.It takes discipline and faith to accomplish that in ones heart and mind.

Peace and Understanding...Mark
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 01:22:22 PM by Marky Mark »

Kat

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2009, 01:44:07 PM »

Hi Eileen,

Act 8:29  And the Spirit said to Philip, "Go up and join this chariot."
v.30  So Philip ran to him, and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet, and asked, "Do you understand what you are reading?"
v. 31  And he said, "How can I, unless some one guides me?" And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.

I think we need someone to teach us in the beginning until we learn the Scriptures for ourself.  But this process can take a long time, I was in church for 25 years and I was learning the Scriptures all that time, but not the truth.  When I came out it was much easier to pick up on the truth, because I had quite an extensive background of reading Scripture.

I don't know that I "sin willfully", I just sin, I am a "sinning machine".  So when I read a scripture like the one above, I too am back to the drawing board of knowledge.

There is a big difference in our attitude to sin I believe.  We can not become complacent to sin after learning the truth.  It would be an easy thing to just fall back into our old ways and just go with the flow of this world.  But I would think having known the truth it would be hard to not know if we were sinking into sin and wouldn't that be sinning willfully?  It was preordained to happen, but you still go through all the motions of having something that pulls you away into sin.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,7414.0.html ---------------

Rom 11:21  For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest He also spare not you.
v. 22  Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness: otherwise you also shall be cut off.

But we are not at the end yet.  Is it conceivable that some of them that He was talking to were cut off?   Yes I think so, you go to the book of Hebrews and it says if you sin willfully, willingly, knowingly, wantingly after you have come to the knowledge of the truth, there is no more sacrifice for you (Heb. 10:26).  Is that the end though?  Remember God declares the end, the total end from the beginning, when death is swallowed up in victory?  Is that the end?  No if you read further back in Hebrews, there is no more sacrifice for you, BUT!  But what?  JUDGMENT!
-----------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

EKnight

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2009, 01:58:34 PM »

thanks guys,  I didn't mean for this thread to turn into a thread about me.  Sorry for the derailment.

Eileen

mharrell08

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2009, 02:11:30 PM »

thanks guys,  I didn't mean for this thread to turn into a thread about me.  Sorry for the derailment.

Eileen

Hello Eileen,

This thread has helped me with trials in my life and I'm sure it helped many others...no derailment here. These are the kinds of subjects that everyone can relate & understand...living this life while dying to the flesh.

It is a burden to not have our family & close friends to fall back on while living in these spiritual truths that we learn. These kinds of threads help and inspire hope in members as they see others going through the same problems as themselves...much more than who or what a 'Leviathan' is or what a breastplate means/represents or any of that self-gratifying knowledge.

Threads that edify/build up members in the spirit are never a derailment. Thank you for this thread, Eileen.  :)

Marques

Marlene

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2009, 02:32:51 PM »

Eileen, That was the verse that haunted me right before coming in here. I thought, I was done for. I thought, God had no alternative but to send me to Hell. I had fallen so badly. I am so ashamed of myself still. But, God choose to use that fall for the good of me.  First, I repented of that sin . I had several weeks of sorrow. Then, he had me at the end of my rope. Like Ray, I don't have to tell you what that sin was it is all the same thing, lust of eye, etc.

Now, all I can say is God used this sin for my good. Yes, I repented. But, I am new to this. I never went to a church that really taught the Bible alot. I never really got real familar with the scriptures. OT seems pretty foreign to me.  But, you acknowledge your sin, you dont like it. I mean we did not get this way over night. First, of all we all had to fall away in order to come to the truth. Read Ray's paper on repentance. I believe that is where we are at.

God used that scripture to show me I did not know him. Well, then he brought me to the place where I realized I had not known the truth. The truth is a part of how God will bring us to  righteousness. I also, know that the adversary is ready to steal the truth from us. All, kinds of things get throwed at our Spirit after we learn the truth. Habits are hard to break. Now, you become where you see all kinds of sin in you. Where, before knowing the truth you were blind to yourself. It just kind of took you over.

Now, we have the power of God in us, and to me I just pray keep me Lord. I ask him to show me my sin. Its not easy seeing we are that Beast. But, let me tell you knowing you receive judgement is better then believin you are going to hell.  I believe God did me this way so I would never taken his truths and his Love in vain. I was so ready to come out of Babylon. God won me over with his Love. I didn't know God or I would have put him first over everyone else.

Kat said alot there when she told you we have to learn from someone. You know it could be that it is the adversary making you feel the way you do. Since, I first joined here the adversary was making me think all kinds of things. But, we have to learn to discern who it is coming from. God, Us, or the adversary.
Thats, not easy. I went through two weeks of Hell trying to figure out who was giving me these thoughts. Well, God showed me it was the adversary. First, I repented cause I thought it was just me. Then the next time I was down on my knees telling God to take the adversary from me. Well, God restored my Joy.

Sorry, for making this so long. I just hope I can help anyone who is new with this. Eileen, I feel your pain. We have all kinds of things thrown at our Spirit after knowing the truth. I just want to tell you I love you as a Sister. Also, that God can keep you grounded. He is stronger then us or our adversary.
Just stay close to God in prayer.  We have wonderful people in here who love us. I never had anything like this while in church. I wasl ill for almost two years and gone out of church. Only one man and woman ever showed up. Here we can leave a call out for prayer or help anytime of day and God sends some help our way. I just, love you all so much. Your pain breaks my heart Eileen or for any of you. We are family and going through this together.

In His Love,
Marlene

EKnight

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2009, 02:50:58 PM »

Marlene,

You are such a kind person.  If God would give me an ounce of what you have, I would be blessed. :)

Thanks for your continued support.

Eileen

aqrinc

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2009, 04:05:23 PM »

Hi Eileen,

Do not worry so much about what you are doing, you do understand a lot more than you think. Rest for a while in The Word and Let it sink in, GOD Is Able to get every bit of information to you on a (Just In Time Delivery Schedule).

Giving up is not an alternative for any of us, look what happened to Jonah. It would be pretty smelly in one of those whales bellies, not to mention how it would mess up your hair.

Rom 8: 27-31 (GNB)
27  And God, who sees into our hearts, knows what the thought of the Spirit is; because the Spirit pleads with God on behalf of his people and in accordance with his will.
28  We know that in all things God works for good with those who love him, those whom he has called according to his purpose.
29  Those whom God had already chosen he also set apart to become like his Son, so that the Son would be the first among many believers.
30  And so those whom God set apart, he called; and those he called, he put right with himself, and he shared his glory with them.
31  In view of all this, what can we say? If God is for us, who can be against us?

george ;D.

EKnight

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2009, 11:20:14 PM »

Thanks George,

I really needed the scriptures from Romans today.  I was trying to tell my husband these things in my own words (of course never knowing where in the bible I read them).  Now I can just have him read it himself as he seemed skeptical perhaps because I was not saying it correctly.

And you have me pegged.........My hair in the belly of the whale is enough to get me back on track. ;) ;)

Eileen

aqrinc

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2009, 11:35:58 PM »

Eileen,

You know that i will always look out for my sisters, bad hair days for Sister, everyone has a bad day. :-*

george. ;D

Roy Martin

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2009, 01:20:22 PM »

Jacobbsladdr, you have an A+ validation from me.

Roy

Marlene

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2009, 11:27:23 PM »

What, I want to have happen is to overcome my Beast within. To, be set free off all this would be reward enough for me. But, I also belived we cannot imagine what all is going to happen. I am looking forward to learning things God has instore for us. Kind of like having a new job, but one that is full of surprises that never ends. A job that is never boring. There are very few of those here on earth.

In His Love,
Marlene

aqrinc

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2009, 04:52:36 AM »

Well Marlene, here is a promise that should make you delirously happy.

1Co 2: 1-16 (MKJV)
1  And I, brothers, when I came to you, did not come with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring to you the testimony of God.
2  For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
3  And I was with you in weakness and in fear, and in much trembling.
4  And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5  so that your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
6  But, we speak wisdom among those who are perfect; yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the rulers of this world, that come to nothing.
7  But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, which God has hidden, predetermining it before the world for our glory;
8  which none of the rulers of this world knew (for if they had known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory).
9  But as it is written, "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard," nor has it entered into the heart of man, "the things which God has prepared for those who love Him."
10  But God has revealed them to us by His Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11  For who among men knows the things of a man except the spirit of man within him? So also no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.
12  But we have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit from God, so that we might know the things that are freely given to us by God.
13  These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches, but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14  But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15  But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is judged by no one.
16  For who has known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct Him? But we have the mind of Christ.

george ;D.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.