bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quote Scriptures by the 1,000s  (Read 5836 times)

daywalker

Quote Scriptures by the 1,000s
« on: May 08, 2009, 04:23:10 PM »

This was just TOO good, I had to share it with you all:

I was posting back and forth with a Christian on "free will", and in his reply he said this:

"You can use scripture quotes by the 1000's but free will is one of the most obvious doctrines found in the Bible."

:D Hahaha, I thought, well, if it's so "obvious" then how come I can quote Scriptures by the 1000s that refute it?!?  ???

Here's my translation of his reply:

"I don't care what the God's Word says! I want my free will, and I'm gonna keep my free will!"

Have a good one,

- Daywalker  8)

Ninny

Re: Quote Scriptures by the 1,000s
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 04:47:37 PM »

That's his story and he's stickin' to it!! too funny! :D
Kathy ::)

aqrinc

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 05:02:41 PM »

Hi Daywalker,

I made the human declaration below, and then pulled a few verses from Scripture to see how they work together; NOT.

Book of (The Deluded 1: 1 to infinity)
For it is the will of humans, both to will and to do freely of their good pleasure, with no interference from GOD.

What gross foolishness from supposed learned people.

Job 5:13  
He taketh the wise in their own craftiness: and the counsel of the froward is carried headlong.

Psa 17:10  
They are inclosed in their own fat: with their mouth they speak proudly.

Psa 81:12  
So I gave them up unto their own hearts' lust: and they walked in their own counsels.

Pro 30:12  
There is a generation that are pure in their own eyes, and yet is not washed from their filthiness.

Isa 5:21  
Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!

1Co 3:19  
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

Note: This entire passage below is just 2 sentences but sums it all up.

2Pe 2:12  
But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
2Pe 2:13  
And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;
2Pe 2:14  
Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:
2Pe 2:15  
Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;
2Pe 2:16  But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb a s s speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet.

george. ??? ;D

« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 05:04:36 PM by aqr »

daywalker

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 05:06:55 PM »

Hey, great post George!

....btw, I find it funny that you had to "censor" the bible  :o :D ;D

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 05:29:22 PM »

Hey, great post George!

....btw, I find it funny that you had to "censor" the bible  :o :D ;D

Can't let the Words Of Scripture get loose you know, it may cause too many to finally fall flat on their human potential faces. Then they may understand and repent and Jesus Christ would Save them.

Mar 4:11 (KJV)
And he (Jesus Christ) said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

Mat 13:15 (KJV)
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Mat 13:16  But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

george. :)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 06:21:14 PM »

some Scripture for your "christian" friend:

john 9:39-41

39. Jesus said, "For judgement I have come into this world, so that blind will see and those who see will become blind."
40. Some Pharisees who were with Him heard Him say this and asked, "What? Are we blind too?"
4. Jesus said, "If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains."

the christian claims he can see the truth of free will, but he refuses to believe the Scriptures.
he is blind and his belief in free will over God's Sovereign Will condemns his guilt, unless and until God through His Spirit gives him eyes to see the TRUTH of the Scriptures which ARE the confirmation of Jesus Christ.

claudia

judith collier

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 06:55:13 PM »

Thanks Claudia! I needed that. Judy

daywalker

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 07:27:08 PM »

some Scripture for your "christian" friend:

john 9:39-41

39. Jesus said, "For judgement I have come into this world, so that blind will see and those who see will become blind."
40. Some Pharisees who were with Him heard Him say this and asked, "What? Are we blind too?"
4. Jesus said, "If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains."

the christian claims he can see the truth of free will, but he refuses to believe the Scriptures.
he is blind and his belief in free will over God's Sovereign Will condemns his guilt, unless and until God through His Spirit gives him eyes to see the TRUTH of the Scriptures which ARE the confirmation of Jesus Christ.

claudia

That's a great passage, thanks Claudia.

Yea, he's pretty in love with his free will, I don't see that changing at this point in his life. But it's okay, I understand. It's a tough pill to swallow, we here all know that.

I usually try not to "get into it" with Christians, because it usually doesn't go well. But sometimes I read something that they write, and I just can't help myself.  :-[  Even when I was still stuck in Babylon, I wouldn't have dared to say some of the stupid things I read from "Christians". Which, in turn, makes me wonder more how I ever got mixed up in that crowd.  ???

Life truly is a Mystery. 

- Daywalker. 8)

Astrapho

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 02:30:40 PM »

I usually try not to "get into it" with Christians, because it usually doesn't go well. But sometimes I read something that they write, and I just can't help myself. 

Yep. I just couldn't stop myself from putting in my two cents, and now two Christians saw it fit to... Discuss stuff with me. :-x Sometimes I find it near impossible to discuss with them, all the stuff they type makes me wanna headdesk. :(

daywalker

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 08:12:01 PM »

I usually try not to "get into it" with Christians, because it usually doesn't go well. But sometimes I read something that they write, and I just can't help myself. 

Yep. I just couldn't stop myself from putting in my two cents, and now two Christians saw it fit to... Discuss stuff with me. :-x Sometimes I find it near impossible to discuss with them, all the stuff they type makes me wanna headdesk. :(

LOL, SO TRUE!

I read their stuff, and I think to myself, do they ever read what they write? I swear an 8th grader could proof-read some of their writings and notice all the blatant contradictions in what they say and believe.

I sometimes read it for some laughter. Kinda like some people read newspaper comics...  :D

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.