bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: rebuke  (Read 5297 times)

kenny

rebuke
« on: May 09, 2009, 03:39:14 AM »

Can we rebuke satan

judith collier

Re: rebuke
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 03:44:19 AM »

Kenny, a friend of mine does, she also ties him in knots. I love it, at least it makes me feel good. I really don't know. When things come into my mind that I do not want there, I tell my thoughts to cease. Satan?? Judy

aqrinc

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 04:34:17 AM »

Read this then see if you still think anyone of us can tie Satan in Knots.

Job 41:1  Can you catch Leviathan with a fishhook or tie his tongue down with a rope?
Job 41:2  Can you put a rope through his snout or put a hook through his jaws?
Job 41:3  Will he beg you to let him go? Will he plead with you for mercy?
Job 41:4  Will he make an agreement with you and promise to serve you forever?
Job 41:5  Will you tie him like a pet bird, like something to amuse your servant women?
Job 41:6  Will fishermen bargain over him? Will merchants cut him up to sell?
Job 41:7  Can you fill his hide with fishing spears or pierce his head with a harpoon?
Job 41:8  Touch him once and you'll never try it again; you'll never forget the fight!
Job 41:9  Anyone who sees Leviathan loses courage and falls to the ground.
Job 41:10  When he is aroused, he is fierce; no one would dare to stand before him.
Job 41:11  Who can attack him and still be safe? No one in all the world can do it.
Job 41:12  Let me tell you about Leviathan's legs and describe how great and strong he is.
Job 41:13  No one can tear off his outer coat or pierce the armor he wears.
Job 41:14  Who can make him open his jaws, ringed with those terrifying teeth?
Job 41:15  His back is made of rows of shields, fastened together and hard as stone.
Job 41:16  Each one is joined so tight to the next, not even a breath can come between.
Job 41:17  They all are fastened so firmly together that nothing can ever pull them apart.
Job 41:18  Light flashes when he sneezes, and his eyes glow like the rising sun.
Job 41:19  Flames blaze from his mouth, and streams of sparks fly out.
Job 41:20  Smoke comes pouring out of his nose, like smoke from weeds burning under a pot.
Job 41:21  His breath starts fires burning; flames leap out of his mouth.
Job 41:22  His neck is so powerful that all who meet him are terrified.
Job 41:23  There is not a weak spot in his skin; it is as hard and unyielding as iron.
Job 41:24  His stony heart is without fear, as unyielding and hard as a millstone.
Job 41:25  When he rises up, even the strongest are frightened; they are helpless with fear.
Job 41:26  There is no sword that can wound him; no spear or arrow or lance that can harm him.
Job 41:27  For him iron is as flimsy as straw, and bronze as soft as rotten wood.
Job 41:28  There is no arrow that can make him run; rocks thrown at him are like bits of straw.
Job 41:29  To him a club is a piece of straw, and he laughs when men throw spears.
Job 41:30  The scales on his belly are like jagged pieces of pottery; they tear up the muddy ground like a threshing sledge.
Job 41:31  He churns up the sea like boiling water and makes it bubble like a pot of oil.
Job 41:32  He leaves a shining path behind him and turns the sea to white foam.
Job 41:33  There is nothing on earth to compare with him; he is a creature that has no fear.
Job 41:34  He looks down on even the proudest animals; he is king of all wild beasts.

george. :)

Roy Martin

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 07:59:05 AM »

Kenny, well we know what Babylon would say to that question.
 When I was starting to see things in the church that wasn't right and spoke with one of the pastors about it, he pointed the finger at me and said that I was being tested. If I would have pursued this with him, he would have at some time rebuke Satan in me. Babylon teaches that our hardships are from Satan.
 I cant count the times that the pastor and other members  have rebuked Satan while praying for me and it never did anything.
 God subjects us to vanity, so if we rebuke vanity and vanity flees, then where does that leave Gods will?
When Satan was coming after Simon, Jesus prayed and stopped him.
I use to rebuke Satan daily, but now I just pray, and that works for me.
  This is just my comment to your question.
  Babylon would have rebuked God calling me out of Babylon.
Peace
Roy

kenny

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 09:09:14 AM »

Job 41:1  Can you catch Leviathan with a fishhook or tie his tongue down with a rope?
Job 41:5  Will you tie him like a pet bird, like something to amuse your servant women?
Job 41:7  Can you fill his hide with fishing spears or pierce his head with a harpoon?
Job 41:8  Touch him once and you'll never try it again; you'll never forget the fight!
Job 41:10  When he is aroused, he is fierce; no one would dare to stand before him.
Job 41:11  Who can attack him and still be safe? No one in all the world can do it.
Job 41:12  Let me tell you about Leviathan's legs and describe how great and strong he is.
Job 41:15  His back is made of rows of shields, fastened together and hard as stone.
Job 41:16  Each one is joined so tight to the next, not even a breath can come between.
Job 41:17  They all are fastened so firmly together that nothing can ever pull them apart.
Job 41:18  Light flashes when he sneezes, and his eyes glow like the rising sun.
Job 41:20  Smoke comes pouring out of his nose, like smoke from weeds burning under a pot.
Job 41:23  There is not a weak spot in his skin; it is as hard and unyielding as iron.
Job 41:24  His stony heart is without fear, as unyielding and hard as a millstone.
Job 41:25  When he rises up, even the strongest are frightened; they are helpless with fear.
Job 41:26  There is no sword that can wound him; no spear or arrow or lance that can harm him.
Job 41:27  For him iron is as flimsy as straw, and bronze as soft as rotten wood.
Job 41:28  There is no arrow that can make him run; rocks thrown at him are like bits of straw.
Job 41:29  To him a club is a piece of straw, and he laughs when men throw spears.
Job 41:30  The scales on his belly are like jagged pieces of pottery; they tear up the muddy ground like a threshing sledge.
Job 41:31  He churns up the sea like boiling water and makes it bubble like a pot of oil.
Job 41:33  There is nothing on earth to compare with him; he is a creature that has no fear.
Job 41:34  He looks down on even the proudest animals; he is king of all wild beasts.

Geoege
thanks for the scripture, i have been looking for the last several day's for the sciptures that tells me, we have the power to rebuke satan and this is an example of what i have been finding.
Just as Roy said Just pray, for God allready knows of our hardships.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 09:17:48 AM »

"In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when you are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, To deliver such an one UNTO SATAN for DESTRUCTION of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus" (I Cor. 5:4-5).

It is SATAN who was created from his very beginning to be "the WASTER to DESTROY" men’s flesh (carnal mindedness) so that they learn not to blaspheme (I Tim. 1:20). Satan started with Adam and Eve and he isn’t finished YET!http://bible-truths.com/lake2.html

We know that to do anything in the Name of Jesus Christ does not mean lip service. It means living, thinking, behaving and obeying God as did Jesus Christ. No one can be like Christ without HIS Spirit. It is the Spirit of Christ that has overcome the world and He is the master and creator of Satan, not us. We are still in learning mode. We cannot roar like the Lion of Judah. We are still cubs in training.

Christ who not only could resist Satan but He could command him to be our adversary which is what he shall be until we overcome through the Spirit of Christ who created him.

Arc

Roy Martin

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 09:25:12 AM »

Good answer Arc.

mharrell08

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 09:29:29 AM »

Ray does not teach that the Leviathan is Satan in any of his papers or email replies...we need to remember the forum rules about bringing teachings to the forum. There are a number of Christian sites that teach that Leviathan is Satan so that alone makes me cautious.

Let us wait to hear from Ray first before making assumptions...many people, members and guests, read the forum so let us not be the ones to possibly lead them astray...particularly to 'other teachings' that make the same assumptions.

Thanks,

Marques

mharrell08

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2009, 04:53:58 PM »

Locked because of forum rules against teaching...Mods will have more to say on this thread later.

Marques
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.