bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disturbing news  (Read 5391 times)

meee

Disturbing news
« on: May 09, 2009, 11:52:18 AM »

This was sent by a someone that has a son over there.
                 http://www.onenewsnow.com/Security/Default.aspx?id=520684
                          meee :(

meee

Re: Disturbing news
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 12:10:46 PM »

This was sent by a someone that has a son over there.
                 http://www.onenewsnow.com/Security/Default.aspx?id=520684
                          meee :(
            Sorry if I shouldn't have posted this or if it's in the wrong palce, not really light hearted banter,soooo~~~~~~.
                          just meee ;D

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 09:44:51 AM »

Hey Meee!
Thanks for sharing that. I guess Christians need to follow the example Jesus set for us! No need to try to convert anyone, just do God's will...reach out to those in pain, give water to the thirsty, food to the hungry, comfort to the weary... if you get killed for doing that? Oh well...the servant isn't better than the master!
Kathy :)

rockrdude

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 09:48:58 AM »

This is disturbing on so many levels it's hard to know where to begin, but then again the world's ways of doing things are not the Lord's ways.

For sure, Ninny has it right. The best witness to others is to meet their needs and to simply show love to them.

meee

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 02:00:49 PM »

It's upsetting partly because they were told not to try and convert the people, but man always thinks he knows best, and it's sad that it isn't God's way at all, and causes much harm. All in the name of Christ. Ya don't have to wonder why Christians are so disliked, those that don't know any better are always trying to force our belief on everyone else. I was guilty of that too, but Praise God for my understanding now.
              Now to show love, be an example and let God do His work., that's what it's all about.
            Thanks Kathy and Jonathan.
                      with hugs,meee             

Ninny

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 07:13:06 PM »

Yes It is hard to remember, but that's why we have to keep telling ourselves that God is in control! Sometimes God will have to give us a reminder when we just can't quite let go of the way we want things to be. (That's why we have families..for practicing what it's like out there! The hardest people to "witness" to are members of our family, because they see our faults up close! When we practice our "God skills" on our families we are learning humility!)  ;D ;D (Walk softly and carry a BIG (God) stick!)  ;)
Kathy :-*
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.