bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: update from me, with thanks.  (Read 4433 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
update from me, with thanks.
« on: May 09, 2009, 07:15:29 PM »

I'll try to tell the 'whole' story later, but for now I just want to report that the Lord has provided at the least a reprieve from joblessness.  I'm making (almost literally) peanuts, but am involved in a start-up venture here in the town I live in with a musical friend.  I asked prayer for him a few months ago, and though I had not seen or heard from him in months, I can report that he is much improved, and this venture alone is evidence of that.

I've been at it just for a few days, and it uses most of my 'skills' and ALL of the things I love to do in my natural life.  He's already told me he's glad to have me, and we seem to be complementing each others weaknesses and strengths well, and even finishing each other's sentences. 

We don't know what the final outcome of any of this will be, but I'm trying to follow the admonition of Paul for servants (employees?) to please their masters (bosses?) as though they were working for God.  I hope I got that right...there is no E-sword on this Library Computer.   :D  I'm also glad the Heavenly Boss-man pays better.   ;D

My thanks to those who have prayed for me and others stuck in harder financial times.  I think I know that God doesn't reveal much of His 'will' before the time He brings it to pass, but I know for sure that He has revealed His purpose, and will do His will to bring it about.  Therefor, I don't know what the future will hold for the venture, or my involvement with it, but I know that He will use it to mold us both into the image of His Son--whatever level of sucess or failure it might see from man's perspective.

I've 'witnessed' to Jimmy at least in soft terms, and see a lot of what I was like mere moments before God led me to Bible-Truths.  He did it for me...I know He can bring him to light as well with no pushing from me.

I'd ask you to pray for the success of the venture, that Gods will be done on earth, and that both Jimmy and I are more like Jesus the longer we go.

Thanks. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

cjwood

Re: update from me, with thanks.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 08:27:14 PM »

i am glad to hear that you have found employment doing something you love. and also that your friend is improving in his needs too. consider the prayer request done.

claudia

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 08:31:39 PM »

Glory to God Dave...congrats. You and Jimmy are in our prayers. :)

Marques

Ninny

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 09:07:26 PM »

Praying for you, Dave and for your friend! I know God will show you His will for your life! Doing what you love is a blessing in itself! :D
Kathy :)

Marlene

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 10:33:41 PM »

Hello Dave, It is real good news to hear about your work and your friend. We have a wonderful God. I will keep you both in my prayers.

In His Love,
Marlene

Ocean

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 11:17:51 PM »

Hi Dave,

Your venture-partnership with Jimmy was 'for such a time as this' and i'm sure its all part of God's divine plan. Will pray for you both and your venture. May Jimmy see Christ in you.

Blessings,
Ocean

meee

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 12:03:11 PM »

God led me to Bible-Truths.  He did it for me...I know He can bring him to light as well with no pushing from me.

I'd ask you to pray for the success of the venture, that Gods will be done on earth, and that both Jimmy and I are more like Jesus the longer we go.

Thanks. 
       Thanks for letting us know Dave.
             God's Will~will be done!
                  hugs,meee

mhykx

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 12:32:44 AM »

Davey,

Seems like you're getting busier and busier these days.
I miss your encouraging and intelligent answers to my questions.

Mike

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 02:35:16 PM »

Hi Mike.

I'm limited to a public computer at the local Library at present, and without E-Sword (most especially) I can't locate or quote specific scripture to reference.  However, after His having taken some of the 'props' away, I see that He really HAS written much of His Law in my heart, because I am nearly constantly meditating on it and 'teaching' myself--which is really just Him teaching me. 

I will try to keep in touch with you and the forum.  I enjoy and am greatly benefitted by it.  And I'll pay extra close attention.  "mhykx" may be impossible to pronounce, but it's 'eye-catching'.  :D

Thanks for the thoughts, prayers, and encouragement, all.   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.