bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Abu Musab al-Zarqawi Killed in Iraq  (Read 29674 times)

Becky

Abu Musab al-Zarqawi Killed in Iraq
« on: June 08, 2006, 10:59:50 AM »

I don't know why but I am saddened by this... for some reason this news made me see reality... america has killed their enemy.. they are happy, and applaud... so does president bush... i am sad because i see that killing back and forth is so messed up.

Sorry to bring in politics... but i brought it up because it hit me this morning :(

zander

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 11:01:18 AM »

Yeah i know its disgraceful.  Whilst he was a bad person i guess being the head of much of violence in Iraq, the political hypocrisy from the west stinks.

Becky

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 11:03:50 AM »

i think i am most sad becuase i am that person who wanted them all dead at one time!  I am also the terrorist who was killed today... guilty of all!

Becky

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 11:27:20 AM »

amen bobby!

mercie

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 11:28:58 AM »

Quote from: bobbys43
Becky it is so amazing how God can change our heart and mind from hate to LOVE and FORGIVENESS.

I too wanted to see them pay for what they did but inGod's eyes are we not just as guilty as they are.

In the books of John does it not say that to hate your brother(neighbour) was compared to murder.

May God cleanse the terrorist in all of us.

bobby

Bobby

Amen ,  it IS murder.

Oppossed to where Christ states  whom you do THIS to the least , you do this UNTO me.

dogcombat

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 11:35:34 AM »

These verses in Proeerbs come to mind.  It's really stuck with me as I replay the events of 9/11

17Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth:

18Lest the LORD see it, and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him.

19Fret not thyself because of evil men, neither be thou envious at the wicked:

20For there shall be no reward to the evil man; the candle of the wicked shall be put out.

21My son, fear thou the LORD and the king: and meddle not with them that are given to change:

22For their calamity shall rise suddenly; and who knoweth the ruin of them both?

23These things also belong to the wise. It is not good to have respect of persons in judgment.

24He that saith unto the wicked, Thou are righteous; him shall the people curse, nations shall abhor him:

25But to them that rebuke him shall be delight, and a good blessing shall come upon them.

26Every man shall kiss his lips that giveth a right answer.

27Prepare thy work without, and make it fit for thyself in the field; and afterwards build thine house.

28Be not a witness against thy neighbour without cause; and deceive not with thy lips.

29Say not, I will do so to him as he hath done to me: I will render to the man according to his work.

30I went by the field of the slothful, and by the vineyard of the man void of understanding;

31And, lo, it was all grown over with thorns, and nettles had covered the face thereof, and the stone wall thereof was broken down.

32Then I saw, and considered it well: I looked upon it, and received instruction.

33Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep:

34So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth; and thy want as an armed man.

That's why the Lord admonished his disciples on the sermon on the mount, "to LOVE your enemies".  I think the Lord is displeased with anyone who delights in the death of any terrorist.  They are vessels of dishonor and we must learn to allow Jesus to teach us (PAINFULLY I might add) to LOVE them for they know not what they do.  Vengence BELONGS to the Lord, not the government.

Ches

mercie

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 11:53:35 AM »

Good Word Chez and Isabell

Luk 6:31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.  

Luk 6:32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.  

Luk 6:33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.  

Luk 6:34 And if ye lend [to them] of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.  

Luk 6:35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and [to] the evil.  

Luk 6:36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.  

Luk 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

GOOD works are the Labour of Love

Jam 2:14 What [doth it] profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?  

Jam 2:15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

Jam 2:16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be [ye] warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what [doth it] profit?  

Jam 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.  

Jam 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

works of faith and the labour of Love.

1John 2:10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the Light

Heb 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works  

Heb 6:10 For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.  

1Thes 1:3 Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love   and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;

Gal 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision;but faith which worketh by love

eutychus

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 12:02:05 PM »

ok, good stuff here.

everything is going exactly according to God's plan.

Eze 32:25 They have set her a bed in the midst of the slain with all her multitude: her graves [are] round about him: all of them uncircumcised, slain by the sword: though their terror was caused in the land of the living, yet have they borne their shame with them that go down to the pit: he is put in the midst of [them that be] slain.

Eze 32:30 There [be] the princes of the north, all of them, and all the Zidonians, which are gone down with the slain; with their terror they are ashamed of their might; and they lie uncircumcised with [them that be] slain by the sword, and bear their shame with them that go down to the pit.

1Pe 3:14 But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy [are ye]: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;

my point being, while its sad and this world is evil and darkness abounds.

God is working it out.

i am not making light of this thread.

Ecc 7:1 A good name [is] better than precious ointment; and the day of death than the day of one's birth

Becky

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 12:20:22 PM »

thank you!  i didn't forget but it is good to remember!

shibboleth

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 12:23:48 PM »

With God On Our Side

Oh my name it is nothin'
My age it means less
The country I come from
Is called the Midwest
I's taught and brought up there
The laws to abide
And that land I live in
Has God on its side

Oh the history books tell it
They tell it so well
The cavalries charged
The Indians fell
The cavalries charged
The Indians died
Oh the country was young
With God on its side

Oh the Spanish-American
War had its day
And the civil war too
Was soon laid away
And the name of the heroes
I's made to memorize
With guns in their hands
And God on their side

Oh the First World War boys
It closed out its fate
The reason for fighting
I never got straight
But I learned to accept it
Accept it with pride
For you can't count the dead
When God's on your side

When the Second World War
Came to an end
We forgave the Germans
And we were friends
Though they murdered 6 million
In the ovens they fried
The Germans now too
Have God on their side

I've learned to hate Russians
All through my life
If another war starts
It's them we must fight
To hate them and fear them
To run and to hide
And accept it all bravely
With God on our side

But now we got weapons
Of the chemical dust
If fire them we're forced to
Then fire them we must
One shot of the button
And a shot the world wide
And you never ask questions
When God's on your side

In many a dark hour
I've been thinkin' about this
That Jesus Christ
Was betrayed by a kiss
But I can't think for you
You'll have to decide
Whether Judas Iscariot
Had God on his side

So now I'm leavin'
I'm weary as hell
The confusion I'm feeling
Aint no tongue can tell
The words fill my head
And fall to the floor
If God's on our side
He'll stop the next war

Becky

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 12:30:04 PM »

that is wonderful, thanks for sharing!!!

eutychus

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 12:34:18 PM »

amen

Mar 13:7 And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled: for [such things] must needs be; but the end [shall] not [be] yet.

Psa 46:9 He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.

GOD will do it.

both physical and spiritual wars  :wink:

Jam 4:1 From whence [come] wars and fightings among you? [come they] not hence, [even] of your lusts that war in your members?

longhorn

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 12:58:30 PM »

I'd still like to spit some beachnutt in that dudes eye, then shoot him with my old 45. Please stop it with all the lovey dovey crap.  If he or anyone else did harm to your or mine family members, we would DEMAND his head on a platter, you and I are fooling ourselves to think otherwise.

mercie

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 01:01:40 PM »

Quote from: longhorn
I'd still like to spit some beachnutt in that dudes eye, then shoot him with my old 45. Please stop it with all the lovey dovey crap.  If he or anyone else did harm to your or mine family members, we would DEMAND his head on a platter, you and I are fooling ourselves to think otherwise.

You can always take your point up with the scriptures.

eutychus

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2006, 01:06:30 PM »

longy,

the world will take care of its own :wink:

Mat 8:22 But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

love ya's
chuckt

Becky

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2006, 01:13:44 PM »

Until we see ourselves as... capable of everything in the old Adam;

until we see ourselves as the elder son who despises his father for giving to His prodigal son a ring and a robe:
until we see in ourselves the Pharisees who want to stone the woman who is caught doing what they themselves are guilty of
until we see ourselves as the woman at the well having five former husbands and living in fornication,
until we see ourselves as the ninety and nine who consider themselves to be without sin and needing no repentance,
until we see ourselves as the Pharisee who looks down on others as mere tax collectors
we are not yet even to the point of seeing ourselves as the
prodigal son (elect),
the woman caught in the very act of adultery (elect),
the woman at the well with five former husbands and not married to her present mate (elect).
the lost sheep (elect) or the publican( elect) M.VINSON
[I added elect based on the other content in the paper]

This is all a process... and we WILL se ourselves as the enemy, as the untimate sinner, so that by our mercy they will obtain mercy

zander

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2006, 01:25:12 PM »

I dont think this will turn into a political minefield of corn wielding attacks, but for the record, there are as many people around the world who would want to do exactly the same to Bush and Bliar.

Like i said, the hypocrisy really stinks

mercie

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2006, 01:25:15 PM »

This is all a process... and we WILL se ourselves as the emeny, as the untimate sinner, so that by our mercy they will obtain mercy

Words of Wisdom.

longhorn

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2006, 01:35:57 PM »

You and I have seen how fast the LOVE turns to burning rage on this forum if someone responds to a post in a negative way.  Give me a break, they had to do away with a discussion format on this board for the backstabbing, and childish name calling alone. Nothing personal, but some of you need to get over the Ray and Mike thing, and MOVE ON. (you know who you are)

mercie

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2006, 01:40:08 PM »

You and I have seen how fast the LOVE turns to burning rage on this forum if someone responds to a post in a negative way.  Give me a break, they had to do away with a discussion format on this board for the backstabbing, and childish name calling alone. Nothing personal, but some of you need to get over the Ray and Mike thing, and MOVE ON. (you know who you are)

Peace Longhorn

No bitterness or hard fellings this side.

Where did you get that name ?

Olive Branch is there if you desire to take it?
Every Blessing
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.