bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Abu Musab al-Zarqawi Killed in Iraq  (Read 29669 times)

shibboleth

Abu Musab al-Zarqawi Killed in Iraq
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2006, 01:41:57 PM »

Thanks for reminding me, Becky, about Mike's teaching on the parables.

I am the woman caught in adultery
I am the prodigal son who sold me birthright for a bowl of porridge.
I am the tax collector Zacceaus, who Jesus told to come down from that tree, I want to have dinner at your house. (Temple of God)
I am the sheep that left the fold and God chased after.
I am the chief of sinners as Paul said.
I am the thief on the cross who condemed Christ.
I am capable of every ugly, terrible sin ever committed by any man who ever lived on this planet. When God knocks our arrogance and false pride out of us, we can see others as only God sees them.

I don't know how I would respond if someone tried to kill me or my loved ones. Would I be able to shoot him if I had a gun? I don't know. A year ago I would have said the same thing Longhorn said. Now, I'm not so sure.

SandyFla

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2006, 01:43:28 PM »

It could also be said that it was God's will to use the US the military to kill him, just as God used military force in the Old Testament to punish Israel or to use the Israelite army to destroy other groups of people. Not even the US military can go against God's will.

Becky

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2006, 02:13:38 PM »

i think it is our human nature to want to get revenge but the Lord says "it's mine to avenge" not ours... "the Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still"...

it is a hard thing to grasp... but like mike says, it takes a bigger man to turn the other cheek than to deck the guy for hitting you first.... hitting back makes them hit you back, and then you hit back...and nothing gets solved.....

I am still working on this myself, and I pray that one day, i will not feel the need to get back at my sister for being a jerk, or my husband for forgetting my birthday (for example) and those examples are so small compared to someone killing someone I love...

We'll get there everyone, just be patient and DONT GIVE UP! :)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 09:53:07 AM by Dennis Vogel »

SandyFla

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2006, 02:35:58 PM »

Quote from: Becky
i think it is our human nature to want to get revenge but the Lord says "it's mine to avenge" not ours... "the Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still"...

Reminds me of something the late Rich Mullins said: "I know 'Vengence is mine, thus saith the Lord,' but I just wanna be about the Lord's business!"  :lol:

That feeling is typical and natural. Only God can burn it out of us. I, for one, still have a way to go.  :(

eutychus

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2006, 02:58:12 PM »

Quote from: bobbys43
Longhorn those people were my family and loved ones.

Matt. 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Matt. 5:43-48

43Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

44But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

46For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

47And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

48Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

bobby

excellent post!!!!!

Becky

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2006, 03:21:58 PM »

……Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego answered and said, (they didn’t say, ‘O king live forever’ and butter him up…) “O King, Nebuchadnezzer, we’re not careful to answer in this materâ€?….. Look the gig is up!  You know you’ve got to decide right now, who are you going to serve: the flesh, or God??  When you get down to business with casting out the Canaanites out of the land, you don’t make deals with them, you kill everything that breathes; you kill them all! [speaking of the carnal self]  That’s where they were.  They knew … there was no negotiating going on. “we’re not careful to answer you in this matter.  If it be so our god whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of your hand O King, but if notâ€?…, What if he doesn’t? What are you going to do  then? “Be it known unto you O king, that we will not serve your gods, no matter what, nor worship the golden image which you have set up.â€?  Now listen, someone walks up and slaps you in the face, and you know, I hope God doesn’t try me in this way.  But if they do, what are you going to do?  Think about it!  This isn’t just talk we’ve got going here.. this is the truth of the word of God.  What do you do when someone actually threatens your life?  You turn them your other cheek and you love your enemies and you don’t return evil for evil; hard to receive…  I’m not denying that. (It is) impossible to do!  I’m not denying that.  I just truly believe that when the time comes to have to endure these trials, we can be Shadrach , Meshachs and Abednegos.  It takes a whole lot more of a man to turn the other cheek, than it does to deck the guy!  Now that’s the truth! That is the truth; those are the words of Jesus Christ.  So you need to think about theses things.  You need to be realistic of what our calling is.  Sit down and count the costs before you get started and realize, that God is not going to have someone ruling in his kingdom…ruling….. he is not going to have a bunch of teenagers who aren’t serious about obedience, ruling the world.  He’s going to have people who have been there and done that; who have lived Genesis 1:1 through Revelations 22: “The sum of his wordâ€?.  That’s who is going to be there.  And I believe that by the grace of God that it just might be you, and I hope I’m there with you.- M. Vinson

Becky

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2006, 03:33:34 PM »

I wrote down what mike said in the last couple of minutes from the link before...

Becky

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2006, 03:36:21 PM »

no prob... i thought it was perfect for this thread!!

mannonthecross

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2006, 03:52:29 PM »

Most excellent posts & Scriptures from everyone (including Longhorn)!

With all that has been said, I believe there are other Scriptural considerations. Now keep an open mind (not so open that when you bend over your brains fall out  :wink: ) & heart. Just open enough & soft enough to hear God's Word.

Starting with
Isa 30:27  Behold, the name of the LORD cometh from far, burning with his anger, and in thick rising smoke: his lips are full of indignation, and his tongue is as a devouring fire:
Isa 30:28  and his breath is as an overflowing stream, that reacheth even unto the neck, to sift the nations with the sieve of vanity: and a bridle that causeth to err shall be in the jaws of the peoples.
Isa 30:29  Ye shall have a song as in the night when a holy feast is kept; and gladness of heart, as when one goeth with a pipe to come into the mountain of the LORD, to the Rock of Israel.
Isa 30:30  And the LORD shall cause his glorious voice to be heard, and shall shew the lighting down of his arm, with the indignation of his anger, and the flame of a devouring fire, with a blast, and tempest, and hailstones.
Isa 30:31  For through the voice of the LORD shall the Assyrian be broken in pieces, which smote with a rod.
Isa 30:32  And every stroke of the appointed staff, which the LORD shall lay upon him, shall be with tabrets and harps: and in battles of shaking will he fight with them.
Isa 30:33  For a Topheth is prepared of old; yea, for the king it is made ready; he hath made it deep and large: the pile thereof is fire and much wood; the breath of the LORD, like a stream of brimstone, doth kindle it.

Verses 27, 28, 30 & 31 speak of the burning anger of the Lord being released, & His voice of authority being heard. How will He do this? The answer is in-

Rom 13:1  Let every soul be in subjection to the higher powers: for there is no power but of God; and the powers that be are ordained of God.
Rom 13:2  Therefore he that resisteth the power, withstandeth the ordinance of God: and they that withstand shall receive to themselves judgment.
Rom 13:3  For rulers are not a terror to the good work, but to the evil. And wouldest thou have no fear of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise from the same:
Rom 13:4  for he is a minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is a
minister of God, an avenger for wrath to him that doeth evil.

Regarding Verse 4 (above)-Because of this mandate the civil government would be in disobedience not to bring wrath on those who do evil because it is given the sword for that purpose.

Should we retaliate because of the Lord's exhortation to turn the other cheek when struck? I believe we need to understand that civil governments have a different mandate than the mandate the Lord gave to His church & confusing these two mandates has brought considerable confusion.

The church is given a different mandate. We are told to love our enemies. We will be in disobedience if we try to use the sword against them instead of loving them. We must keep these two mandates separate & clear if we are to walk rightly.

The Lord is preparing His church for ruling in the age to come, but we are not called to rule in this present age. That mandate has been give to civil governments until the Lord sets up His kingdom on the earth. Civil governments are "a minister of God" that "does not bear the sword for nothing," but is "an avenger who brings wrath upon the one who practices
evil."

What about the Christian who is serving in a position of civil authority, such as a policeman, soldier, mayor, president, or even a school principle? In these cases we must keep our two mantles of authority separate. While on duty, one must be willing to use the sword. While not on duty, or serving the church in ministry, we must lay the sword aside to seek the anointing of the Holy Spirit to do the work of the ministry.

Can Christians do both? Remember that King David, who was the only one about whom it was said that he was a man after God's own heart, was one of the greatest warriors & one of the greatest worshipers in all of Scripture. Sometimes it is by seeking the balance between extremes in our life that we are led to the straight & narrow path that leads to life. If you are a policeman, or soldier on duty, do not hesitate to use the weapon that the state has given to you. If you are serving in ministry, we have a greater sword that we must use for the truth.

As the remaining verses in Isaiah state, great punishment from the Lord is coming upon those who do evil, & there will be great rejoicing because of it. There is rejoicing whenever the Lord exercises His authority on earth, & it is right to rejoice in the judgments of God, as we read in-

Psa 98:1  <A Psalm.> Sing unto the LORD a new song; for he hath done marvelous things: his right hand, and his holy arm, hath wrought salvation for him.
Psa 98:2  The LORD hath made known his salvation: his righteousness hath he openly shewed in the sight of the nations.
Psa 98:3  He hath remembered his mercy and his faithfulness toward the house of Israel: all the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God.
Psa 98:4  Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all the earth: break forth and sing for joy, yea, sing praises.
Psa 98:5  Sing praises unto the LORD with the harp; with the harp and the voice of melody:
Psa 98:6  With trumpets and sound of cornet make a joyful noise before the King, the LORD.
Psa 98:7  Let the sea roar, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein;
Psa 98:8  Let the floods clap their hands; let the hills sing for joy together;
Psa 98:9  Before the LORD, for he cometh to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the peoples with equity.

Peace you guys   :)

mercie

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2006, 04:20:29 PM »

M

Thank you  for the Input .

mannonthecross

« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2006, 04:31:52 PM »

Those that live by the sword also perish by the sword.

Abe Lincoln: assasinated (civil war)

John Kennedy: assasinated (cuban conflict,start of vietnam war)

Ronald Regan: attempeted assasination (bombed terrorist camp)

Plus others that were assasinated in other countries that were at war.

bobby

'Tis true Bobby-I hear ya. However, that does not negate what I posted  :) . Our paths are predestinated. Some vessels to honor, some to dishonor; some vessels to civil government & its dictactes, some.....not.

Peace

Becky

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2006, 04:32:40 PM »

so true ...so true.

mercie

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2006, 04:33:25 PM »

Quote from: mannonthecross
Those that live by the sword also perish by the sword.

Abe Lincoln: assasinated (civil war)

John Kennedy: assasinated (cuban conflict,start of vietnam war)

Ronald Regan: attempeted assasination (bombed terrorist camp)

Plus others that were assasinated in other countries that were at war.

bobby

'Tis true Bobby-I hear ya. However, that does not negate what I posted  :) . Our paths are predestinated. Some vessels to honor, some to dishonor; some vessels to civil government & its dictactes, some.....not.

Peace

I hear what you saying M. :D

We are Not in control of these.

YellowStone

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2006, 04:42:21 PM »

Quote from: SandyFla
It could also be said that it was God's will to use the US the military to kill him, just as God used military force in the Old Testament to punish Israel or to use the Israelite army to destroy other groups of people. Not even the US military can go against God's will.

Thank you Sandy for sharing some common sense.  :)

So far in this thread I have heard nothing but "war is wrong" or "such hypocrisy, "Bush this or Blair that" (quotes are mine)

However, is God a hypocrite? or is God wrong? Are we all not doing the will of God?

Sure, we are to love our enemies for hating is wrong. But are we not to love our loved ones stronger. Would anyone of us, willingly sacrifice our loved ones because we're so busy loving the person wanting to harm or kill them.

Abu al-Zarqawi, was doing just as God planned. Does this mean God loved him, that maybe he was one of the chosen few? I think not. I believe God blinded and deafened him within his own deceit, he was a murderer and his hatred towards millions of his brothers and sisters (God's children) was insane.

Love him, sure I love him in the fact that he was a living breathing being with a soul, wretched as it was. But that is not enough, not according to the scripture:

Eph 6:8
Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether [he be] bond or free.  

Surely preventing death and suffering (car bombings, roadside bombs, kidnappings) of innocent (Gods) bystanders is a good thing

Are we not commanded to put on armor and be prepared to fight for what is right. Right in God's eyes....

Eph 6:11
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.  

In my opinion (by his actions) Abu al-Zarqawi was being led by the devil, how many people did his death today, save in the future. I thank God for all the men and women of all nations who worked together to bring him down, for they were all doing God's will.

Becky

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2006, 04:45:16 PM »

hmmmm but the armor is spiritual.....right?

mannonthecross

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2006, 04:47:51 PM »

Quote from: YellowStone
Quote from: SandyFla

Thank you Sandy for sharing some common sense.  :)

So far in this thread I have heard nothing but "war is wrong" or "such hypocrisy, "Bush this or Blair that" (quotes are mine)

However, is God a hypocrite? or is God wrong? Are we all not doing the will of God?

Sure, we are to love our enemies for hating is wrong. But are we not to love our loved ones stronger. Would anyone of us, willingly sacrifice our loved ones because we're so busy loving the person wanting to harm or kill them.

Abu al-Zarqawi, was doing just as God planned. Does this mean God loved him, that maybe he was one of the chosen few? I think not. I believe God blinded and deafened him within his own deceit, he was a murderer and his hatred towards millions of his brothers and sisters (God's children) was insane.

Love him, sure I love him in the fact that he was a living breathing being with a soul, wretched as it was. But that is not enough, not according to the scripture:

Eph 6:8
Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether [he be] bond or free.  

Surely preventing death and suffering (car bombings, roadside bombs, kidnappings) of innocent (Gods) bystanders is a good thing

Are we not commanded to put on armor and be prepared to fight for what is right. Right in God's eyes....

Eph 6:11
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.  

In my opinion (by his actions) Abu al-Zarqawi was being led by the devil, how many people did his death today, save in the future. I thank God for all the men and women of all nations who worked together to bring him down, for they were all doing God's will.

Yellowstone,

Uh....that pretty much nails it!

YellowStone

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2006, 04:48:27 PM »

Quote from: mannonthecross

Rom 13:1  Let every soul be in subjection to the higher powers: for there is no power but of God; and the powers that be are ordained of God.
Rom 13:2  Therefore he that resisteth the power, withstandeth the ordinance of God: and they that withstand shall receive to themselves judgment.
Rom 13:3  For rulers are not a terror to the good work, but to the evil. And wouldest thou have no fear of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise from the same:
Rom 13:4  for he is a minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is a
minister of God, an avenger for wrath to him that doeth evil.

Regarding Verse 4 (above)-Because of this mandate the civil government would be in disobedience not to bring wrath on those who do evil because it is given the sword for that purpose.

Well stated mammoth!! I hear you loud and Clear!  :)

YellowStone

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2006, 04:54:12 PM »

hmmmm but the armor is spiritual.....right?

Becky, is it?

Remember what Jesus said:

Mat 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] not to one of the least of these, ye did [it] not to me.

Surely NOT putting on armor in accordance to God's own sanctioned governments and thwarting evil so as to protect the innocent (both here and abroad) is blatantly ignoring the wods of Jesus. Didn't Jesus devote much of his humanly life helping those who could not help themselves.

I do not like war, but I DISDAIN EVIL!!!

Does this make sense?

God is love,

Yellowstone

Becky

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2006, 04:56:29 PM »

yea i see how he helped... but didn't he also tell peter to put away his sword and not save him from the soldiers... peter was doing what we want to do... jesus said to give to cesar what is ceaser but it makes you wonder....

mannonthecross

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2006, 05:04:22 PM »

yea i see how he helped... but didn't he also tell peter to put away his sword and not save him from the soldiers... peter was doing what we want to do... jesus said to give to cesar what is ceaser but it makes you wonder....

Jesus submitted Himself to those who were in authority & was teaching Peter to do the same.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.