bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Christian Contradictions from Dave-in-PA Revived  (Read 4669 times)

aqrinc

Christian Contradictions from Dave-in-PA Revived
« on: May 11, 2009, 12:15:12 AM »

I found this by Mike Miller at his site.  Thought it was pretty good.

Traditional Christian Doubletalk

What Traditional Christians Say…   What They Really Mean…
“There’s nothing you must do to be saved……”   “Here’s what you must do to be saved:”
“You are absolutely, totally helpless to save yourself.”   “You must make a wise decision in order to be saved.”
“God controls all things.”   “God doesn’t control man’s free will.”
“We can’t boast about going to heaven.” “If we go to hell, it’s our own fault.”
“Love never faileth!” “Love can’t overcome human stubbornness.”
“Men are in bondage to sin.”    “Men are free to choose Christ.”
“Grace is unmerited favor…”   “… given only to those who merit it with faith and obedience.”
“GOD IS THE SAVIOR OF ALL MANKIND (1 Tim. 4:10)…”   “… except for about ninety percent of them.”
“GOD’S LOVE IS UNCONDITIONAL…”   “… as long as you meet certain conditions.”
“GOD’S WILL IS UNOPPOSABLE…”   “… except by the sinner.”
“Salvation is not a thing of chance.”   “There is no second chance to be saved.”
“WE HAVE GOOD NEWS FOR YOU!”   “Most of mankind will perish forever.”
“GOD LOVES YOU!”   “… as long as you love Him.”
“Christ died for all sin…”   “… except the sin of not believing that He died for all sin.”
“The Good Shepherd seeks the lost sheep until he finds it!”   “The Good Shepherd seeks until it’s too late.”
“God’s justice was satisfied in the cross of Christ.” “God’s justice demands eternal torment or annihilation.
[/color]
Mike Miller,  truth-over-tradition.com

This one is too good to leave to die, all credit goes to Dave-in-PA for finding and first posting it.

george. ;D

Samson

Re: Christian Contradictions from Dave-in-PA Revived
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 10:21:04 AM »

George,

Thanks for bringing that Gem back to the surface. The double talk in those contradictory
            statements remind me of double think in George Orwells Book 1984.

The ones cited below in particular cause me to say, Good Grief.

“God controls all things.”   “God doesn’t control man’s free will.”

“GOD IS THE SAVIOR OF ALL MANKIND (1 Tim. 4:10)…”   “… except for about ninety percent of them.                 

Thankyou for this Thread, Samson.

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 02:01:53 PM »

Samson,

I agree with your assessment.

It seems so obvious now that we are enlightened.
Thanks for the miracle!      :)

Bob

George,

Thanks for bringing that Gem back to the surface. The double talk in those contradictory
            statements remind me of double think in George Orwells Book 1984.

The ones cited below in particular cause me to say, Good Grief.

“God controls all things.”   “God doesn’t control man’s free will.”

“GOD IS THE SAVIOR OF ALL MANKIND (1 Tim. 4:10)…”   “… except for about ninety percent of them.                 

Thankyou for this Thread, Samson.

Phil3:10

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 02:37:55 PM »

George,
Thanks for posting Traditional Christian Doubletalk. This reminds me why I don't like to be called a Christian but much prefer being in the Body of CHRIST. I want to make several copies of this to give to some friends.
In HIM,
Phil3:10

Astrapho

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 02:49:07 PM »

Lol, that is awesome stuff. ;D

My favorite:

“Men are in bondage to sin.”    “Men are free to choose Christ.”

:D

barrabus

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 03:03:45 PM »

Thanks for reviving that one, being a fairly new member I would hae missed it...

“GOD’S LOVE IS UNCONDITIONAL…”   “… as long as you meet certain conditions.”

I love it...

AK4

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 03:36:37 PM »

Here's one to add to the list that ive been wanting to post but havent until now

The world says and the christians churches parrot

"God dont like ugly"

well what does the Word say (theres many scriptures but i do just this one)

isa 53 - Study This Chapter

1 Who has believed our message and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed? 2 He grew up before him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of dry ground. He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him. 3 He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted. 5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. 6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all. 7 He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth. 8 By oppression and judgment he was taken away. And who can speak of his descendants? For he was cut off from the land of the living; for the transgression of my people he was stricken. 9 He was assigned a grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death, though he had done no violence, nor was any deceit in his mouth.

10 Yet it was the Lord's will to crush him and cause him to suffer, and though the Lord makes his life a guilt offering, he will see his offspring and prolong his days, and the will of the Lord will prosper in his hand. 11 After the suffering of his soul, he will see the light of life and be satisfied; by his knowledge my righteous servant will justify many, and he will bear their iniquities. 12 Therefore I will give him a portion among the great, and he will divide the spoils with the strong, because he poured out his life unto death, and was numbered with the transgressors. For he bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

So they say that God didnt even like his Son.  tsk tsk tsk

Anthony
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.