bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: travail in birth  (Read 6286 times)

rocky

travail in birth
« on: June 08, 2006, 11:03:56 AM »

I find this interesting,

Gal 4:19  my little children, of whom again I travail in birth, till Christ may be formed in you,

I always associated pain in child birth, the pain the individual goes through till Christ formed in himself,

not the pain the fellow bretheren goes through while waiting for Christ to be formed in his brother/sister.

Daniel

travail in birth
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 12:15:21 PM »

Rocky I found this true, the travail and and anguish here in relation to Paul can be seen comparible to John 16:21. Even the anguish he  expresses of himself found in 2 Corinthians. Also found in the travial was  the Joy of being delivered of the child. The same thing expressed differently concerning John in "hearing the bridegrooms voice". His joy made full when "in type" they were hearing Christ in them and following Him. Paul too spoke of his children in the faith being His joy and His crown.

Pauls travail much the same

John 16:21 A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, "because her hour is come":" but as soon as she is delivered of the child", she "remembereth no more the anguish", for joy that a man is born into the world.

John 16:22 And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.

1Thes 2:19 For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye "in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ" at his coming?[/u]

Phil 4:1 Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved.

1Cr 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for "in Christ Jesus" I have begotten you "through the gospel".

Prov 17:6 Children's children are the crown of old men; and the glory of children are their fathers.[/u]

John 17:3 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.[/u]

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom "I travail in birth again" UNTIL Christ be formed in you[/u],

John 3:29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly "because of" the bridegroom's voice: "this my joy therefore is fulfilled.[/u]

Definately sounds like childrearing or bearing don't it?

1Thes 2:7 But we were gentle among you, even as a nurse cherisheth her children[/u]

Examples of mothers, fathers in a family raising their young up in the grace of God that Christ be effectual in them.

Great post Rocky, I can see what you pointed out. God revealed His Son in Paul so he MIGHT PREACH HIM. Paul had "in him" the dispensation of His grace. They were made partakers with him, believing in their message whom He sent. The grace given Paul was given Him was for them to grow. It came not only in word but power and that worked in them who believed.

I see what you have pointed out, great observation :D  I suppose sometimes there are dragons waiting to devour the child before it be born too, that seems true as well don't it? :lol:

Daniel

chrissiela

travail in birth
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 12:21:00 PM »

Hi Rocky! I see it this way:

1Co 12:12  For as
the body is ONE, and hath MANY members, and all the members of that ONE body, being many, are ONE body: so also is Christ.

1Co 12:13  For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

(wheat and tares growing together?? whether was wake or sleep all living together with him??)

1Co 12:14  For the body is not one member, but many.

1Co 12:15  If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

1Co 12:16  And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

1Co 12:17  If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?

1Co 12:18  But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.

1Co 12:19  And if they were all ONE member, where were the body?

1Co 12:20  But now are they many members, yet but ONE body.

1Co 12:21  And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

1Co 12:22  Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:

1Co 12:23  And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.

1Co 12:24  For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked:

1Co 12:25  That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.

remember the study on the words heresy/heretic??

1Co 12:26  And whether ONE member suffer, ALL the members suffer with it; or ONE member be honoured, ALL the members rejoice with it.

1Co 12:27  Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.[/list:u]

Chrissie

rocky

travail in birth
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 01:11:39 PM »

Reminds me of these verses some.  

2Cr 1:6 And whether we be afflicted, [it is] for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, [it is] for your consolation and salvation.  

2Cr 2:4 For out of much affliction and anguish of heart I wrote unto you with many tears; not that ye should be grieved, but that ye might know the love which I have more abundantly unto you.  

Seems part of the growing up, is moving from  focusing on self death for my salvation, rather than for others.  

All comes back to love.

rocky

travail in birth
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 01:27:10 PM »

1Co 12:26 And whether ONE member suffer, ALL the members suffer with it; or ONE member be honoured, ALL the members rejoice with it.

Yeah, super cool.

Daniel

travail in birth
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 01:52:47 PM »

See it the same Rocky, serving others for their benefit and growth in Christ. Wouldn't it be as laying your life, your reputation, your spiritual pride down and serving others in love? Seems, its only when you see yourself being the vainglorying idiot you are :roll: When "your crown" has been cast to the ground you become ashamed of yourself.

Just as the crown pride of the "drunkards" (highminded) of Ephraim. "Sleeping" and not even knowing it. For those who get drunk do so only in the night as they who are "sleeping" do so also in the night. Rejoicing in their boastings and vain glory. Paul spoke on this, the corruptible crown.

What a contrast to the humility and love of God. He who sits at the basin by your feet in humility, washing our feet (the way we walk).

The True King was a servant of all, Him at "their feet". He who "lowered Himself" to elevate them to a "higher way" which manifested itself in "lowliness". To comprehend "that" is truly mindboggling. Makes one feel like the biggest craphead don't it?

Phil 2:3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.[/u]

Phil 2:4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.[/u]

Great thread, in helping others I find I help my own self because we truly do benefit from the building up of the body through one another. The love and comfort we would feel, even the joy we would have would be flowing I would think. Even thankfulness not only for Gods great gift he has made us partakers of but finally for "one another".

Seems simplicity gets lost, that of the faith and love in Christ both in Him and toward one another. It would be great to be "perfect" wouldn't it? By that, to be "perfected in love". There is no pride in "that kind of perfection" and love cannot fail all the rest does though.

Thanks Rocky, you have some really thought provoking posts. I received much from it, God bless you bro

Daniel

Daniel

travail in birth
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 01:54:44 PM »

AMEN Chrissie!!! :D

Daniel

rocky

travail in birth
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 02:36:53 PM »

Quote from: Daniel
Seems, its only when you see yourself being the vainglorying idiot you are :Daniel

You calling me a vainglorying idiot???  :(  :(  :D  :D  :lol:  :lol:

chrissiela

travail in birth
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 03:17:46 PM »

Quote from: rocky
Seems, its only when you see yourself being the vainglorying idiot you are :Daniel

WOW! Daniel. :shock:

That wasn't very nice!!!!  [-X

Chrissie  :lol:  :lol:

Daniel

travail in birth
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 03:36:11 PM »

Quote from: chrissiela

WOW! Daniel. :shock:

That wasn't very nice!!!!  [-X

Chrissie  :lol:  :lol:

NO :shock:  I was calling MYSELF the stup vain glorying idiot  :lol: I was the one who was stumbling of the Stone of stumbling :lol:  Being disobedient unto my Lord by not walking in love and putting into practice those things He asked of me.

I was "in it" for "myself" to prove "my points" rather then simply walking in the truth. I am guilty as charged before the Lord. Why hide something you know is true of yourself? the only one I'd be kidding would be myself. It takes a vain glorying idiot to spot one :roll:  :lol:

Just being honest here. Bring that out into the open (expose it to the light). That which was hidden in the darkness (my own heart) because I truly want to walk with my God. That don't come by hiding crap you know is true of you. What a sad shame I wasted all that time. Thinking I was serving Him but serving myself, pride and ego. Makes you keen to not giving into the certain temptations common to us among each other. Even if we might be right, so what? If our approach is all wrong and were not walking in love, wheres the truth in that? I dont want to die "right" I want to die living the truth.

We are such a trip, and often take one right over Him.

Peace

Daniel

rocky

travail in birth
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 04:22:46 PM »

...I truly want to walk with my God. That don't come by hiding crap you know is true of you. What a sad shame I wasted all that time. Thinking I was serving Him but serving myself, pride and ego.
Daniel

So very true, I grew up in a family that looked dang good on the outside, with a bunch of crap swept under the rug, the elephant in the closet if you know what i mean.  I was pretty pleased with my "clean cut image".  Amazing how God, in his timing exposes the dark in our lives, breaks our pride, and tis a good thing.

mercie

travail in birth
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 04:27:38 PM »

...I truly want to walk with my God. That don't come by hiding crap you know is true of you. What a sad shame I wasted all that time. Thinking I was serving Him but serving myself, pride and ego.
Daniel

So very true, I grew up in a family that looked dang good on the outside, with a bunch of crap swept under the rug, the elephant in the closet if you know what i mean.  I was pretty pleased with my "clean cut image".  Amazing how God, in his timing exposes the dark in our lives, breaks our pride, and tis a good thing.

Sounds All so familier Rocky  :oops:

Cleaning the Outside .

Mat 23:25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.

Mat 23:26 [Thou] blind Pharisee, cleanse first that [which is] within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.