bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: If You Do These Things, You Shall Never Fall  (Read 7093 times)

bunnylife

If You Do These Things, You Shall Never Fall
« on: May 12, 2009, 11:43:57 PM »

<<"And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; and to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; and to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brother kindness charity [LOVE] … Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for IF YOU DO THESE THINGS, YOU SHALL NEVER FALL (II Pet. 1:5-7 & 10).

george. >>

I got this from another post on Life Issues/Trials.  I started to comment over there and realized how long this was.  I started breaking down all the words to see what does that scripture means. I heard it refer to as the eight graces.

Meaning of diligence (noun)
industriousness; hard work; perseverance
earnestness, zeal, sometimes with haste

Notice the word "add" (or "supply") in 2Pe 1:5
         a. Before each grace mentioned, the word is implied
         b. The word in Greek is epichoregeo {ep-ee-khor-ayg-eh'-o}
            1) "Originally, to found and support a chorus, to lead a
               choir, to keep in tune"
            2) "Then, to supply or provide"
         c. This word suggests the idea of "each grace working in
            harmony with the others to produce an overall effect"

Notice also the preposition "to" (or "in") in 2Pe 1:5-7
         a. This implies "each grace is to temper and make perfect the
            grace that goes before it"
         b. To illustrate this point:
            1) "to knowledge (add) temperance (self-control)" - the grace of
               self-control enables one to apply properly the knowledge
               one has
            2) "to temperance (self-control) (add) patience " - self-control in
               turn needs the quality of patience to be consistent
               day after day

Faith - total trust, complete, unshakable confidence in God and his promises
Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld.” (Hebrews 11:1) "God has dealt to each one a measure of faith" (Romans 12:3)

Virtue

noun

1. The quality or state of being morally sound: good, goodness, morality, probity, rectitude, righteousness, rightness, uprightness, virtuousness.  (Ephesians 5:8-10) For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light {9} (for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth), {10} finding out what is acceptable to the Lord.
   2. The condition of being chaste: chastity, decency, innocence, modesty, purity, virginity, virtuousness.
   3. A special feature or quality that confers superiority: beauty, distinction, excellence, merit, perfection.
   4. A level of superiority that is usually high: caliber, merit, quality, stature, value, worth.

noun

Definition: honor, integrity
Antonyms: dishonor, evil, immorality, vice

Knowledge acquisition involves complex cognitive processes: perception, learning, communication, association and reasoning. The term knowledge is also used to mean the confident understanding of a subject with the ability to use it for a specific purpose if appropriate. "Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed rightly dividing the word of truth" (2 Timothy 2:15). Proverbs 1:7 The reverence of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Take the terms above and apply it to the spiritual realm by the spirit of God. spiritual perception, spiritual learning, spiritual communication.. etc. that will bring you into the knowledge of God.

The term "temperance" has an effect on all aspects of our lives as we learn to control our thoughts, words, and actions. As Paul said, "...bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ" (2 Corinthians 10:5). That is temperance.

Patience is our cheerful acceptance of life. Patience allows us to turn failure into success. Patience avoids needless worry and anxiety and in place brings peace of mind because we do have the mind of Christ. I Corinthians 2:16. We have a peace that surpasses all understanding Philippians 4:7 and a joy unspeakable 1 Peter 1:8 by the power of the spirit of God.

These graces are what Daddy God does inward in our lives.

Godliness - Piety or reverence toward God (1 Tim 2:2). Godliness means more than religious profession and a godly conduct; it also means the reality and power of a vital union with God.

Godliness. The rendering of Grk. eusebeia, "reverence," in Scripture meaning piety toward God (Acts 3:12, "piety"; 1 Tim 2:2; 4:7-8; 6:3,5-6,11).

This grace Daddy God does upward towards Him.

The Definition Of Brotherly Kindness

The Greek word for brotherly kindness is transliterated "philadelphia," a compound involving two words: "phileo" (love) and "adelphos" (brother). It literally means "the love of brothers." As used in the New Testament, "philadelphia" describes the love which Christians cherish for each other as brethren (Thayer). Romans 12:10 reveals that it is through brotherly kindness that we can have "kind affection" toward one another. It is brotherly kindness, therefore, that provides a true sense of family in our association as members of the Lord's body.

Ephesians 4:32 says, "And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ forgave you." In Colossians 3:12, Paul writes: "Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering."

Charity - Love

Corinthians (chapter 13) Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Charity (LOVE) never faileth:

These graces is what Daddy God does outward in our lives.

This is what Daddy God has to do in our lives. It seems overwhelming. However, He knows exactly how to do it.  It is by His spirit living in us, empowering us to live the Christ-like lives. I know it seems confusing to wonder, well if He does it all, what am I suppose to do.  Daddy God does have His time table for each one of His elect and others. However, we don't sit like a lump on the log. We seek God because He is causes us to seek Him. We ask Him to change us because He causes us to ask Him to be changed. We study the Word in Truth because He as reveal the Truth and places the desires to study and know Him. We pray because He causes us to pray His will. We let the Light of God shine through us to glorify our Father in Heaven because of the good work He has done in us. We do these things because Daddy God loves us so much He does it through us and He will finish what He has started.  Jesus Christ our example - the author and finisher of our faith" (Heb 12:2) And He does this through trials, tribulations, temptations, sorrows... to be made in His image.. sons and daughters of the Most High God.

I read Eileen's post and I know the frustration of what am I suppose to do because you had your world shaken when you came to the Truth. I know mine was. But Daddy God didn't shake away the good that He started in you. He just builds upon it but at a much deeper level.

In His Joy,
Bunni

aqrinc

Re: If You Do These Things, You Shall Never Fall
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 04:33:20 AM »

Hi Bunni,

You broke it down pretty well, now it is so easy even i (a caveman) can do it ;D. Kidding aside, these are very good subjects to contemplate and digest, there is a lot going on to make these broken pots into GOD'S Image.

The Scriptures below, show in a clear way; how far away we all are brought from, to get us to The Throne Of Grace.

Eph 2: 11-21 (MKJV)
11  Therefore remember that you, the nations, in time past were in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12  and that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world.
13  But now in Christ Jesus you who were once afar off are made near by the blood of Christ.
14  For He is our peace, He making us both one, and He has broken down the middle wall of partition between us,
15  having abolished in His flesh the enmity (the Law of commandments contained in ordinances) so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, making peace between them;
16  and so that He might reconcile both to God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity in Himself.
17  And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off, and to those who were near.
18  For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.
19  Now therefore you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God,
20  and are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone,
21  in whom every building having been fitly framed together, grows into a holy sanctuary in the Lord;
22  in whom you also are built together for a dwelling place of God through the Spirit.

george ;D.

bunnylife

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 11:20:21 PM »

George, I don't think of you (as a caveman)  ;) I thank you for your post both of them.  God really had me thinking about it and I need to read it over and over again myself.

Oh, this thought came to mind from your post below.

You come along way baby!  but it is true. We are not what we used to be and we are Daddy God's work in progress... each one His unique masterpiece

"each grace working in
            harmony with the others to produce an overall effect" and what is that effect - The Overcomer

It is so wonderful how God's Word, each one in proper place, just flows... like a symphony

Bunni  :)

aqrinc

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 12:46:19 AM »

Bunni,

Thanks for graduating me from cavemanship. Yes the symphony is beautiful and produces an aching longing to be away from this world of hardship and misery. This life of overcoming has so many unexpected and painful twists that we must learn not only to survive, but to be joyful and expectant of always more challenges.

When i stop to contemplate the journey, the only thing possible for me to do is Thank GOD And my Lord Jesus Christ; that They Are Who carry me all the way. Left to my own devices, it would be as it was before, evil and avarice and selfishness and every filthy thing that this flesh (beast) can conjure up.

Rom 7:18 (MKJV)
For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) dwells no good thing. For to will is present with me, but how to perform that which is good I do not find.

george. :)

« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 04:06:59 AM by aqr »

bunnylife

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 03:13:32 AM »

I was reading on the LOF about the churches and overcoming. There is a progression in each of the graces which leads to becoming the overcomer (which means overcoming) until the end. I saw the progression in the rewards for the overcomer.  However, I noticed there are warnings about becoming disqualified that is stated before eight graces (II Pet. 1:5-7 & 10).

<<FROM GLORY TO GLORY http://bible-truths.com/lake8.html

There is a progression in the rewards promised to the conquering overcomers in the Churches that is vital for us to see and understand. If one is "saved" (past tense, finished, completed, with absolutely no possibility of losing that salvation at any time before we die), then there are indeed some Scriptural contradictions to such a theory.

We need to get very serious for a moment. Salvation culminates for the believer in the First Resurrection to spiritual life and immortality. However, before that time, during the life of each believer, there are warnings in the Scriptures about ways that one can become disqualified from being in the first resurrection. Let’s notice just a few of them:

1. "Wherefore let him that thinks he stands take heed LEST HE FALL" (I Cor. 10:12).

2. "If they should FALL AWAY, to renew them again unto repentance…" (Heb. 6:6), and

"For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins. But a certain fearful looking for of JUDGMENT and fiery indignation [the lake of fire] which shall devour the adversaries" (Heb. 10:26-27).

3. "Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; you are FALLEN FROM GRACE" (Gal. 5:4).

4. "Looking diligently lest any man FAIL OF THE GRACE of God…" (Heb. 12:15).

5. "They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation FALL AWAY" (Luke 8:13).

6. "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a FALLING AWAY first…" (II The. 2:3).

7. "But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should A CASTAWAY [Gk: disqualified]" (I Cor. 9:27).

8. "Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron" (I Tim. 4:1).

9. "For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the LATTER END IS WORSE WITH THEM THAN THE BEGINNING [before they were converted]. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, TO TURN FROM the holy commandment delivered unto them" (II Peter 2:20-21).

10. "And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough [having begun to follow Christ] and looking back [desiring his old sinful life again] IS FIT FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD" (Luke 9:62).

Don’t think that these verses were written in vain. Jesus said that "many" would say to Him in that day, "Lord, Lord…," but Jesus will tell them to "depart." It is not enough to accept Jesus Christ as your Saviour and go no further. You must continue growing spiritually. We must CONTINUE following Christ all the days of our life.

"Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on Him, If you CONTINUE in My word, then are you my disciples indeed" (John 8:31).

There are some encouraging words in the Scriptures, however, that tell us that there is a way to know in your walk with Christ whether you are SAFE from ever falling away, and the message to the Seven Churches contains this same teaching. Peter tells us how we can be SURE that we will NEVER FALL: (II Pet. 1:5-7 & 10).

We are to overcome "even as" Jesus Christ conquered and overcame. What was it that Jesus Christ "overcame?" John 16:33,

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me you might have peace. In the world you shall have tribulation: but BE OF GOOD CHEER; I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD!"

Jesus Christ overcame EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD, INCLUDING THE WORLD! And here is God’s command to the believer who would become an overcomer and conqueror in Christ Jesus:

"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world, If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world [which MUST be overcome and conquered!]" (I John 2:15-16).

We are to also "overcome the world" just as Jesus did. Not by ourselves, but by Jesus "Christ IN us, the hope of GLORY." Christ lives His life IN the believer, and in the believer Christ will, "overcome the world," over and over again in each new believer. And then one day, Jesus Christ will say to YOU, "Sit with Me on My throne—We are going to save the Universe together." >>

I know that God is in control and works to will and to do all His good pleasure. However, why would there be warnings if we had no choice in the matter? I know we don't have free will but we do have will and choices. Therefore, we still make choices and God warns us. Therefore, we pray that God would keep us from falling, take away the desire for the world and the things of the world .. moment by moment.. day by day and to ask Him to make us thirsty for the living water, hunger for spiritual food, and for things of Heaven.. moment by moment.. day by day.. help us through our trials and tribulations...draw us ever closer to You...
Matthew 7:7 "Ask, (keep asking) and it will be given to you; seek (keep seeking), and you will find; knock (keep knocking), and it will be opened to you. (NASB ©1995)

In His Joy,
Bunni

aqrinc

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 03:59:24 AM »

My understanding of this is, we walk by Faith and not by sight. For if we see it already then we have no need of faith. But if we exercise The Faith Given to us By GOD, then we grow from Faith to Faith Daily. We make choices all day and every day by the thousands.

Here are choices each of us makes minute by minute daily:

Joshua 24: 11-15 (CLV)
11 `And you pass over the Jordan, and come in unto Jericho, and fight against you do the possessors of Jericho--the Amorite, and the Perizzite, and the Canaanite, and the Hittite, and the Girgashite, the Hivite, and the Jebusite--and I give them into your hand.
Here we must exercise The Faith, Given to us, and Choose to believe GOD Will Deliver.

12 And I send before you the hornet, and it casts them out from your presence--two kings of the Amorite--not by your sword, nor by your bow.
Here we must trust GOD, that HE Will Conquor our enemies, By HIMSELF.

13 `And I give to you a land for which you have not labored, and cities which you have not built, and you dwell in them; of vineyards and olive-yards which you have not planted you are eating.
Here we learn to seek first HIS Kingdom, And Righteousness; then HE ALONE PROVIDES for us.

14 `And now, fear (Honor) you Yahweh, and serve Him, in perfection and in truth, and turn aside the elohims which your fathers served beyond the River, and in Egypt, and serve you Yahweh;"
Here we learn why we should HONOR GOD; and not to trust in our own treasures or abilities.

15 and if wrong in your eyes to serve Yahweh--choose for you to-day whom you do serve; --whether the elohims whom your fathers served, which [are] beyond the River, or the elohims of the Amorite in whose land you are dwelling; and I and my house--we serve Yahweh..
Now we make the choice, to Serve GOD (Yahweh Elohim) with every thing we do, every minute of every day.

Yes choices are what we make all day, as does every living human being. We though have the ability to see and choose clearly; Only By GOD'S GRACE And FAITH HE GIVES us.

george :).

« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 04:11:56 AM by aqr »

bunnylife

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 04:49:43 AM »

Thank you George.  :)

By GOD'S GRACE And FAITH HE GIVES us.

Amen. So be it unto us.

mharrell08

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 09:01:13 AM »

Thank you George.  :)

By GOD'S GRACE And FAITH HE GIVES us.

Amen. So be it unto us.

Hello Bunni,

There is also a bible study from March 2008, titled 'Can we Lose God's Spirit and Eonian Life' (http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,7047.0.html). And here is the link to the audio: http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8256.0.html.

Hope this helps,

Marques

mharrell08

Re: CAN WE LOSE GOD’S SPIRIT AND EONIAN LIFE?
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 01:04:25 PM »

By other peoples standards, they would think I'm well off.  By my standards, I'm poor and miserable.

Rev 3:17  Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

Prov 11:2  When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom.

This "friend" always makes a joke about how I've found God and how I think I'm too good for regular people now.   I just laugh and say no that is not true, I just have no desire to be the person that I was nor do I have any interest in doing the things I used to do.

Eph 4:23-24  Be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Col 3:9-10  ...seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

Not much else motivates me or excites me.  I feel like I'm just going thru the motions of living without really living.  I'm not complaining because I know the end results are worthwhile and justified and I don't miss any of the stuff I've given up from my former life, I just have moments whee I have to really focus and thinking and analyze certain situations and try to figure out which category they fall under.

John 12:24  Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Rom 6:4-5  Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

Thankfully, God is never far away and just this morning, he provided the answers that I was seeking over the weekend.  Hence this msg.

Acts 17:27-28  That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

Ps 15:14  The heart of him that hath understanding seeketh knowledge...

Your thoughts & words really line up with spiritual admonitions in His Word...all glory to God.

Marques

Marky Mark

Re: CAN WE LOSE GOD’S SPIRIT AND EONIAN LIFE?
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 03:37:16 PM »

By other peoples standards, they would think I'm well off.  By my standards, I'm poor and miserable.

Rev 3:17  Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

Prov 11:2  When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom.

This "friend" always makes a joke about how I've found God and how I think I'm too good for regular people now.   I just laugh and say no that is not true, I just have no desire to be the person that I was nor do I have any interest in doing the things I used to do.

Eph 4:23-24  Be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Col 3:9-10  ...seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

Not much else motivates me or excites me.  I feel like I'm just going thru the motions of living without really living.  I'm not complaining because I know the end results are worthwhile and justified and I don't miss any of the stuff I've given up from my former life, I just have moments whee I have to really focus and thinking and analyze certain situations and try to figure out which category they fall under.

John 12:24  Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Rom 6:4-5  Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

Thankfully, God is never far away and just this morning, he provided the answers that I was seeking over the weekend.  Hence this msg.

Acts 17:27-28  That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

Ps 15:14  The heart of him that hath understanding seeketh knowledge...

Your thoughts & words really line up with spiritual admonitions in His Word...all glory to God.

Marques

Marques, For a scriptural response to a post, it don't get no better than that. Thanks bro :) ;).

Peace...Mark

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 03:42:48 PM »

AMEN to that! :)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 06:39:48 PM »

ditto arc! it is awesome to see how the Scriptures line up with anything and everything we are experiencing in our lives on earth. thanks marques for the Scriptures you brought forth. truly an inspiration to all.

claudia

All Praise and Glory to our God and Father

bunnylife

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2009, 03:34:39 PM »

Marques thank you for the link. It gave me a deeper understanding. I enjoyed the way the spirit led you to show how His Word is working in Mark's life.  :) I think there is a saying be careful what you pray for, God just might give it to you. Mark I think it is wonderful to have such recall. My memory is damaged by sickness. However, I do remember God working in my life and I did write many things down, like answered pray. I go back through the writings and just remember to thank Daddy God again for all He has done and going to do. Those writings or memories are my Ebenezer stone.. "Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen, and called its name Ebenezer saying 'Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

I was looking at the verses missing from the scripture from II Peter in a way this goes with Marques link on Can we Lose God's Spirit and Eonian Life?

v 8 <||These things (talking about the eight graces)||  |unto you| belonging and abounding>
 || Neither idle nor unfruitful|| constitute you, regarding the personal knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ; v9 For ||he to whom these things are not present|| is  |blind|, (why is he blind because he only sees what is near - the physical instead of the spiritual) seeing only what is near,
       Having come |to forget| his purification (The removal of impurities, a refining process) from his old sins. (why because he is not growing spiritually in the Lord - he is lacking worth or basis : vain <idle chatter> <idle pleasure>, habitually doing nothing or avoiding work; lazy; fruitless, impotent, infertile, nonproductive, sterile, unproductive - not in the process of producing the fruit of the spirit)

v10 ...make your calling and election sure: for IF YOU DO THESE THINGS, YOU SHALL NEVER FALL
v 11 For ||thus|| shall richly be further supplied unto you- the entrance (white ballot stone)
http://bible-truths.com/lake8.html

<<This is a pebble ballot, cast in secret ("The Lord knows them that are His," even if the world doesn’t), to pronounce an acquittal. Acquittal means a judgment of NOT GUILTY! If we are truly, SPIRITUALLY, BAPTIZED into Christ’s death, then we are "…JUSTIFIED from Sin" (Rom. 6:3-7).

And "Freely JUSTIFIED in His grace…" (Rom. 3:24). Justify means, "to declare free of blame; absolve. Theology To free (a human) of the guilt and penalty attached to grievous sin," The American Heritage College dictionary. That’s ACQUITTAL! Whom ever possesses this white pebble is ACQUITTED OF ALL SINS AND ALL GUILT!

This pebble also signified "admission." An "admission’ is both the permission to enter something, and the price paid for the admission or entrance. Again, Jesus Christ is BOTH! Jesus Christ paid the ultimate penalty for our sins,

"But God commended His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, CHRIST DIED FOR US. Much more then, being now JUSTIFIED by His blood, we shall be SAVED from wrath through Him" (Rom. 5:8-9).

And we can only gain admission and entrance into the kingdom of God through Him. Jesus said, "I am the DOOR…" (John 10:7 & 9), and there is no other. Jesus said to, "Enter ye in at the strait [narrow and cramped] gate…" (Matt. 7:13), and Jesus is the "door" of that gate.>>

into the age-abiding kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. (Rotherham)

Thank you for all the wonderful posts.

In His Joy,
Bunni

Jody Edwards

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2009, 12:27:47 PM »

Bunni,
I really appreciate your post.  It was something I was needing at this time.  I plan on printing it out and sharing it with my wife.
Thanks,
YBIC,
Jody
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.