bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ventrilo.com  (Read 4073 times)

lilitalienboi16

Ventrilo.com
« on: May 13, 2009, 03:24:33 AM »

Before you delete this post thinkign its a link toa  site that preaches, it is NOT!

This is an idea.. a suggestion.

Ventrilo.com allows you to download a free program that allows you to TALK through VOIP [VOICE OVER IP] to other people in your VENTRILO SERVER.

Ventrilo SERVERS are what COST MONTHLY, and the price varies on the provider and the amount of open slots in the server.

I believe a server of 50 people [allowing 50 people in at once] would cost somewhere around 20$ a month.

Anway, i bring this idea up because i think it would be cool to have one for bibletruth. You would obviously need A MIC for your computer if youw anted to talk to others, but you can also just come in and idle or listen to what others are saying.

Obviously this sort of place would be MUCH HARDER to moderate as you can't go back and DELETE what someone said. Once its out the mouth, its in the air! No taking it back.

HOWEVERE their are options like MUTE [where an ADMINISTRATOR can GLOBALY mute a person proventing them from speaking] for people who break rules or try and preach things inapropriate etc..  you can also BAN someoen from your VENTRILO server if they are getting out of line to often etc..

Anyway how does everyone feel about this? I think it would be amazing to talk to some of you without having to type up al ong message like this. I think it be awsome to talk to L.Ray as if i was talking to him in person. I've never met him and id love to have a conversation with him.

Anyway the application is free to download, once you've downloaded, if you know the server information you jsut create a user [your name or w/e you want it to be, ure Bibletruths account name if you like] and enter the server info [the information of the server that a friend owns] and click log in, and boom in you're in!

You can also password a server and require one from all members to keep it private. You can create chanels within the server, create chanels that require passwords, etc...

So yea.. sorry for the long winded post, but what does everyone think? A go or a no go? Remember anyone can own a server and the program is free for those who don't pay the monthly fee ont he server! LIke visiting a website! :)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 03:27:35 AM by lilitalienboi16 »

meee

Re: Ventrilo.com
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 11:23:01 AM »

Could be a good thing. I know of some that are doing this through Pal Talk, just starting it and it sounded like it was free.
          No mic here, but in pal talk I guess you can type your response.
          I tried Pal talk a few years back, and it didn't work for me, but I'm sure many of you it would.
                   hugs,meee

Amrhrasach

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 12:26:03 PM »

I'm a flight and racing gamer from way back and use Ventrillo, Roger Wilco and Teamspeak.   They're all good and for those who enjoy online gaming they are a must.    However, know that if you have a dial-up connection sometimes due to connection speed the voice-over will be a bit hampered.   Just for thought in case anyone is on dial up.

Gary

meee

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 02:31:10 PM »

I'm a flight and racing gamer from way back and use Ventrillo, Roger Wilco and Teamspeak.   They're all good and for those who enjoy online gaming they are a must.    However, know that if you have a dial-up connection sometimes due to connection speed the voice-over will be a bit hampered.   Just for thought in case anyone is on dial up.

Gary
             Yepper's that's meee! That's why Pal talk didn't work so well for meee.
                     hugs,meee
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.