bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Bringing the people out of Egypt  (Read 9521 times)

Roy Martin

Bringing the people out of Egypt
« on: May 13, 2009, 09:33:03 AM »

When God brought the people out of Egypt, He brought out believers and non believers. Pagans and just about every kind you can think of.
 Ive been having a lot of thought about this, but cant quite put it together in words or thought, but maybe someone can help me put it together.
 Its clear that He chose these people as an example for the whole world to see. It seems that they were the most rebellious and stubborn of all people all the way to now. Every time I open my bible, I see God punishing them for their sins of every kind. These people messed up more than they did good. These people were favored and provided for in every way. They knew there was God and that He was for them, yet they were bad to the core.
 Im hoping for someone to pick up on this and add to my thoughts on this.

Roy

mharrell08

Re: Bringing the people out of Egypt
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 10:05:15 AM »

When God brought the people out of Egypt, He brought out believers and non believers. Pagans and just about every kind you can think of.
 Ive been having a lot of thought about this, but cant quite put it together in words or thought, but maybe someone can help me put it together.
 Its clear that He chose these people as an example for the whole world to see. It seems that they were the most rebellious and stubborn of all people all the way to now. Every time I open my bible, I see God punishing them for their sins of every kind. These people messed up more than they did good. These people were favored and provided for in every way. They knew there was God and that He was for them, yet they were bad to the core.
 Im hoping for someone to pick up on this and add to my thoughts on this.

Roy

These few scriptures speak a little about 'why' Israel was stubborn...all is of God:

1 Cor 10:11  Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

Deut 5:29  O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!

Jer 17:9  The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Rom 11:7-15, 26-27

7  What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

8  (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear; ) unto this day.

9  And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:

10  Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.

11  I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

12  Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?

13  For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

14  If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.

15  For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

v26-27  And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Hope this helps,

Marques

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 10:33:25 AM »

I think one of the reasons God did this was to show us that this is the "human condition" so to speak. I think Israel is all of us! He has shown me in this that we are all the same...We have what we have and it's never enough, we are blessed beyond measure, but we are ungrateful, unfaithful, and disloyal! We have the assurance that God is there...they had the fire by night, cloud by day...When Moses went on the mountain and was out of their sight for awhile they turned to other gods! When our life gets a little rocky and uncertain we tremble and start looking for answers from the world! As for the "mixed multitude" that left Egypt with them that shows me that here were people who thought that some kind of magical "luck" was with the Hebrews. Those people were pagans and they probably thought hey this new god might be pretty cool! Don't we usually follow after all the cool things that come around? Look at how many people are so enthralled with Joel Osteen, he's the best thing since sliced bread!  What about "The Purpose Driven Life" Almost EVERY church had a Special study on that book when it came out!

That's just the way I think of the experience of Israel. God uses that to show us what we are...We can't look at them and think how different WE would have been they ARE us!!
My thoughts....
Kathy ;)

Kat

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 12:12:37 PM »

Hi Roy,

1 Cor 10:11  Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

As Kathy was saying this is the physical example for us, the shadow.  This is the physical example of a whole nation over a relative long period of time, through all kinds of circumstamces trying to live a godly life with just their own physical ability.  Even though they had God providing them all the external help imaginable, this gives us all the recorded proof that we need, with this extensive example that we can not do it of ourselves.

Rom 8:7  Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
Rom 8:8  So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

1Co 15:46  But it is not the spiritual which is first but the physical, and then the spiritual.

No matter how much outside help we are given, having the indwelling of the Holy Spirit on the inside makes the difference.

Rom 8:3  For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
v. 4  that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Heb 10:9  then He said, "Behold, I have come to do Your will, O God." He takes away the first that He may establish the second.

Here is a chart that Ray put in an article that shows many examples from the scripture that shows the differences of the old covenant for the Israelites and the new covenant for god's Elect.

http://bible-truths.com/lake11.html --------------------

THE OLD COVENANT VERSUS THE NEW COVENANT

Here is the most concise Scriptural description of the Old and New Testament that I can give you:

"For the Law was given by Moses [that would be the OLD Covenant], but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ [that would be the NEW Covenant]" (John 1:17).

Law is good, but grace and truth is better. Grace and truth is a much more demanding and much higher calling. If you aspire to be among the "chosen" you must learn what the New Covenant really is. Here is a chart I prepared for a paper on The Law, which shows some of the many differences between the Old and the New Covenants—between Moses and Jesus:

Old Mosaic Covenant                      New Spiritual Covenant

OLD Covenant…II Cor. 3:14            NEW Covenant…II Cor. 3:6

FIRST Covenant…Heb. 8:7,9:1        SECOND Covenant…Heb. 8:7,10:1-9

Came by Moses…John 1:17             Came by Christ…Heb. 8:6,9:15

Law of God in STONE…II Cor. 3:3 -- Law of God in HEART…Heb. 10:16

Law of MOSES…Acts 13:38-39         Law of CHRIST…Gal. 6:2

Law of the flesh…Rom. 7:5-6          Law of the SPIRIT…Rom. 8:2

NOT of faith…Gal. 3:2                    Law of FAITH…Rom. 3:27

Yoke of BONDAGE…Gal. 5:1            Law of LIBERTY…James 1:25

Law of SIN…Rom. 7:5-6                  Law of RIGHTEOUSNESS…Rom. 9:30-31

Law of DEATH…II Cor. 3:7               Law of LIFE…Gal. 3:11, 6:8

Christ removes OLD…Heb. 10:9        Christ enacted the NEW…Heb.10:9

A SHADOW…Col. 2:14-17                The REALITY…Heb. 10:1-18

FULFILLED…Matt. 5:17-18                NOW IN FORCE…Heb. 8:6,10:9

Priesthood CHANGED…Heb. 7:12       UNCHANGEABLE Priesthood…Heb. 7:24

MANY sacrifices…Heb. 9:12-13          ONE sacrifice for sin…Heb. 10:12

IMPERFECT…Heb. 7:19                     PERFECT…Heb. 7:19

Blood of ANIMALS…Heb. 9:19            Blood of CHRIST…Matt. 26:28

Circumcision…Ex. 12:48                    Uncircumcision…Rom. 4:9-12

WORKS of law…Gal. 3:10                  NOT of works but GRACE…Eph. 2:8

REMEMBERS sins…Heb. 10:3              FORGETS sins…Heb. 10:17

YEARLY atonement…Heb. 10:3           PERMANENT atonement…Heb. 10:4

SINFUL priests…Heb. 5:3                   SINLESS priest…Heb. 7:26

AARONIC priesthood…Heb. 7:11          MELCHISEDEC priest…Heb. 5:5-10

MANMADE tabernacle…Heb. 8:5          HEAVENLY tabernacle…Heb. 8:2,11

Out of LEVI…Heb. 7:11                      Out of JUDAH…Heb. 7:14

WEAK, UNPROFITABLE…Heb. 7:18       POWER of ENDLESS LIFE…Heb. 7:16

NO inheritance…Rom. 4:13                 ETERNAL inheritance…Heb. 9:15

Sacrifice of ANIMALS…Heb. 9:13          Sacrifice of CHRIST…Heb. 9:28

Purified the FLESH…Heb. 8:13             Purged the CONSCIENCE…Heb. 8:14

PRODUCES wrath…Rom. 4:15              SAVES from wrath…Rom. 5:9

Perfected NOTHING…Heb. 7:19           Perfects BELIEVERS…Heb. 10:14

NO MERCY…Heb. 10:28                      COMPLETE MERCY…Heb. 8:12

NO justification…Acts 13:39                BELIEVERS justified…Acts 13:39

BRINGS a curse…Gal. 3:10                  REDEEMS from curse…Acts 3:13

ABOLISHED…II Cor. 3:13                    CONTINUES IN GLORY…II Cor. 3:11

Brought DEATH…II Cor. 3:7                 Brought RECONCILIATION…II Cor. 5:18

ISRAEL ONLY…Deut. 4:7-8,5:3             ALL MANKIND…Mark 14:24, II Cor. 5:14-19

This chart by no means exhausts all the differences between the Old and New Covenants. Can you not see how totally different the New is from the Old? As God’s Word says, the New Covenant is, "NOT ACCORDING to the covenant that I made with their fathers…" (Heb. 8:9).
-------------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 12:21:20 PM by Kat »

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 11:40:33 PM »

Hi Kat!
Did Ray mean to use this verse in this section.
Matthew 26:28 says, But when his disciples saw it, they had indignation, saying, To what purpose is this waste?

Blood of ANIMALS…Heb. 9:19            Blood of CHRIST…Matt. 26:28

Is it used correctly?
Maybe its another verse?

Thanks
Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Kat

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 04:57:39 PM »

Hi Antaiwan,

What you have there is verse 8.

Mat 26:8  But when his disciples saw it, they had indignation, saying, To what purpose is this waste?

Ray is referring to verse 28.

Mat 26:28  For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 07:51:06 PM »

Thanks Kat!
Was not paying attention! :P

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

bunnylife

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 01:07:46 AM »

I was curious to see what my Babylon church is preaching on last week when I decided to leave. I just finished listen to Ray audios on sowing spiritual seed.  Their topic is Dealing With A Poverty Mentality.

He is using these scriptures Ecc 10:19  A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things. Ecc 7:12  For wisdom is a defence, and money is a defence: but the excellency of knowledge is, that wisdom giveth life to them that have it. This sermon is all based on Old Testament blessings. Oh, I knew Mal 3:10 was going to be mentioned. And he knows it is about agricultural but it still applies to Christians.

He is telling the congregation that they need money and it is a shame for them not to want it. "Shame on you for not wanting it" What?  ??? So he wants to delivered them from the spirit of property. Being poor is not God's will for them. He telling them it is okay to desire
1.    to wish or long for; crave; want.
2.    to express a wish to obtain; ask for; request
–noun
3.    a longing or craving, as for something that brings satisfaction or enjoyment: a desire for fame.
4.    an expressed wish; request.
5.    something desired.

Synonyms:
1. covet, fancy. See wish. 2. solicit. 3. aspiration, hunger, appetite, thirst. Desire, craving, longing, yearning suggest feelings that impel one to the attainment or possession of something.

Oh, I am so sick. He mentioned about building multiple streams for a home based business because they should know about these things. I understand that people could have other avenues of income but....

What happened to the teaching about spiritual growth.. the fruit of the spirit.  What happened about to be content it whatever situation you find yourself in. Heb 13:5  Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 1Ti 6:8  And having food and raiment let us be there with content. I know this pastor knows these scriptures. Doesn't he realize what he even saying about desiring money and telling them to desire which is covet which is make an idol of money.  :o What has happened. I want to cry and so sick on my stomach.  How can this people come out of Egypt? Only by your spirit Lord but they think that is what they think is telling them to desire money!

Oh, thank you Daddy God for delivered me out of this bondage. I was starving there and now I can feast on true spiritual food. Thank you Lord for being so good to us and doing this good work in us. Receive all the glory and honor!

Bunni

aqrinc

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2009, 04:23:38 AM »

Bunni,

The difference is now you can see and hear better, they are still blinded and deaf. It is All OF GOD'S Will to cause things to happen in HIS Appointed Time. Remember that your deliverance is By HIS Grace And Faith, for you are HIS WORKMANSHIP, In Jesus Christ, lest any should boast.

They too will be given hearing and sight, in due course. Ray has taught and The Scriptures verify, that we are all decieved, until GOD, In Jesus Christ removes our blinders and earplugs.

Tit 3: 1-9 (WNT) Weymouth
1  Remind people that they must submit to the rulers who are in authority over them; that they must obey the magistrates, be prepared for every right action,
2  not speak evil of any one, nor be contentious, but yield unselfishly to others and constantly manifest a forgiving spirit towards all men.
3  For there was a time when we also were deficient in understanding, obstinate, deluded, the slaves of various cravings and pleasures, spending our lives in malice and envy, hateful ourselves and hating one another.
4  But when the goodness of God our Saviour, and His love to man, dawned upon us, not in consequence of things which we,
5  as righteous men, had done, but as the result of His own mercy He saved us by means of the bath of regeneration and the renewal of our natures by the Holy Spirit,
6  which He poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
7  in order that having been declared righteous through His grace we might become heirs to the Life of the Ages in fulfilment of our hopes.
8  This is a faithful saying, and on these various points I would have you insist strenuously, in order that those who have their faith fixed on God may be careful to set an example of good actions. For these are not only good in themselves, but are also useful to mankind.
9  But hold yourself aloof from foolish controversies and pedigrees and discussions and wrangling about the Law, for they are useless and vain.

george. :)

« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 01:14:55 PM by aqr »

judith collier

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2009, 08:03:17 AM »

Kathy, we are Israel!!! Before I knew much of anything at all I was led by the Spirit of God to read the bible one night and it spoke to me by the Spirit and it called me Israel. I didn't know why or what and questioned everyone I knew but nobody had an answer for me but I knew it was God and I believed it. Judy

meee

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2009, 02:22:30 PM »

Kathy, we are Israel!!! Before I knew much of anything at all I was led by the Spirit of God to read the bible one night and it spoke to me by the Spirit and it called me Israel. I didn't know why or what and questioned everyone I knew but nobody had an answer for me but I knew it was God and I believed it. Judy

Yes, in Gal. 6:16 it sats," And as all who walk by this rule,peace & mercy be upon them, abd upon the Israel of God." This is speaking of us., and anyone that is of the new covenant, I think.
          Before this it was talking about the new creation, that's us.
                   hugs,meee

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2009, 04:38:07 PM »

"For if that first covenant ['covenant,' not law] had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. For FINDING FAULT WITH THEM, He said, Behold, the days come, says the Lord, when I will make a NEW COVENANT [not a New Law] with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah... For this is the covenant that I will make... I will put my LAWS [same old laws-but new covenant] into their MIND, AND WRITE THEM IN THEIR HEARTS..." (Heb. 8:7-9). 

There it is!

http://bible-truths.com/lake16-D3.htm

bunnylife

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2009, 05:35:35 PM »

Bunni,

The difference is now you can see and hear better, they are still blinded and deaf. It is All OF GOD'S Will to cause things to happen in HIS Appointed Time. Remember that your deliverance is By HIS Grace And Faith, for you are HIS WORKMANSHIP, In Jesus Christ, lest any should boast.

They too will be given hearing and sight, in due course. Ray has taught and The Scriptures verify, that we are all decieved, until GOD, In Jesus Christ removes our blinders and earplugs.

George, you are right and I know that it is only by the grace of God that He opened my eyes and I am and we are HIS WORKMANSHIP. And because they are now opened, I do see things clearer by His spirit and not because of anything I did. I am upset by the teaching not at the people or the pastor. I do love them and it hurts to see them in deception but it hurts because I too was in that deception. Rom 7:24  O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I know it part of the process of coming out. And I know at God's appointed their eyes will be opened too.

Act 26:18  To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Tit 2:11 For the favour of God, bringing salvation for all men, hath shone forth, 12 Putting us under discipline--in order that,--denying ourselves of ungodliness and worldly covetings, in a soberminded and righteous and godly manner, we should live, in the present age,  13  Prepared to welcome the happy hope and forthshining of the glory of the great God and our Saviour Christ Jesus,--    14 Who gave himself up in our behalf, that he might redeem us from all manner of lawlessness, and purify for himself a people as his own treasure--zealous of noble works. (Rotherham)

Bunni  :)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 11:04:26 PM by bunnylife »

aqrinc

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2009, 05:52:24 PM »

Bunni,

That was my thought when i wrote the answer and quoted Those Scriptures. Yes you are on the ball and right to feel upset, but remember, GOD Is Who is sending them the strong delusion, that they believe a lie.

I am right in there with you feeling sorrow and Praying for That Day, now i know that it is a turning point for the entire human race, back to GOD.

george. ;D

SeekingHIM

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2009, 12:23:09 AM »

Bunni,

Tit 3: 1-9 (WNT) Weymouth
1  Remind people that they must submit to the rulers who are in authority over them; that they must obey the magistrates, be prepared for every right action,
2  not speak evil of any one, nor be contentious, but yield unselfishly to others and constantly manifest a forgiving spirit towards all men.
3  For there was a time when we also were deficient in understanding, obstinate, deluded, the slaves of various cravings and pleasures, spending our lives in malice and envy, hateful ourselves and hating one another.
4  But when the goodness of God our Saviour, and His love to man, dawned upon us, not in consequence of things which we,
5  as righteous men, had done, but as the result of His own mercy He saved us by means of the bath of regeneration and the renewal of our natures by the Holy Spirit,
6  which He poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
7  in order that having been declared righteous through His grace we might become heirs to the Life of the Ages in fulfilment of our hopes.
8  This is a faithful saying, and on these various points I would have you insist strenuously, in order that those who have their faith fixed on God may be careful to set an example of good actions. For these are not only good in themselves, but are also useful to mankind.
9  But hold yourself aloof from foolish controversies and pedigrees and discussions and wrangling about the Law, for they are useless and vain.

I'm still a little confused. I've been reading a LOT, and I understand that some of us have been "delivered by faith and grace" but I still grieve over those who aren't saved at this time. What are we saved FOR? I know that I have been redeemed, that Jesus took that spear instead of me. I understand that it is God's Will that some believe a lie. Does that mean I quit hoping that my husband will want what I have? What is the difference between being "saved" now or going through the "lake of fire" and having the dross burned off later? Why would really worldly people care if they are saved now or saved later? I don't mean to be disrespectful. I'm reading as fast as I can; Maybe my questions are answered elsewhere.

Patricia Ragan

cjwood

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2009, 02:05:17 AM »

hi patricia,
i believe that ray smith has specified that no one is savED, as in the past tense, but that all will be saved upon their resurrection. being saved requires a full repentance and a total living of a Godly life, with no more sin. this can't happen as long as we are in our earthly vessels. the elect go through their judgements in their lives now, while the rest of mankind goes through their judgement in the lake of fire, second death. with regards to your husband, don't ever stop hoping and praying that God will draw him unto Him, and shine the Light of His Grace into your husband's heart. all you can do is live a life of love in front of your husband (and behind his back too  ;D.) my husband is an unbeliever. i used to try and get him to understand what Truths God has revealed to me through ray smith, but now, after having it confirmed in my spirit that it is not my place to try and draw my husband to God, i just pray for God's mercy and grace towards my husband, and i live an example of His Love. we will ALL be saved from the beast that is our carnal minds, and we will be made into His image. don't ever give up hope patricia! with God all things are possible.

claudia

aqrinc

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2009, 02:31:37 AM »

Hi Patricia,

I wish there was a formula for making others have sight and hearing that GOD presently gives us ability to use. Or maybe not, this is an experience of evil that GOD Is giving All the sons of humanity, to humble us.

Here is a great paper that Ray wrote to answer your question about why.

Excerpt from: WINNING SOULS FOR JESUS?

http://bible-truths.com/souls.htm

I'm asked why I teach the Truths of God if "All is of God," and God does all the choosing and drawing? Because that is HOW God operates. God uses the foolishness of preaching as one of His means by which He communicates with His Elect:

"Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this world? Has not God made foolish [Gk: ‘stupid’] the wisdom of this world? For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe" (I Cor. 1:20-21).

And it is God who grants us faith as His gift (Eph. 2:8), to believe this "foolish preaching" of God’s true servants of the Gospel.

Certainly we should all follow Peter’s admonition to:

"…be ready always to give an answer to every man that asks you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear [reverence]" (I Pet. 3:15).

But God has not called all to be teachers:

"Not all are apostles. Not all are prophets. Not all are teachers" (I Cor. 12:29, Concordant Literal N.T.).

LIGHT AND SALT DON’T ARGUE OR MAKE NOISE

"Ye are the salt of the earth… Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid… Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven" (Matt. 5:1,14,16).

Salt does not make any noise, and light does not argue Scriptures. Neither salt nor light makes any sound whatsoever. Maybe there is a lesson in there.

Too many people learn a few truths of God and think that they are ready to take on the world. They usually start by trying to embarrass their Pastor with their new-gained knowledge. Usually they fall flat on their face on the very first try. It’s all about motivation. If your motivation is carnal, God will not back you. Yes, I know, all of you are saying: "But my motivation is to show them God’s truths." Yes, sure, I understand, but THEY DON’T WANT TO HEAR GOD’S TRUTHS, and you already know this, so what is your point? Leave them alone and let them taste your salt and see your light and admire your good works, and perchance they will even praise God for your new-found humility,

You will never argue anyone into accepting the truths of God’s Word. As salesmen are often taught: "You might win the argument, but loose the sale," so don’t argue. And this: "He who is persuaded against his will; is of the same opinion still."

I receive a lot of emails from people who beg me to come to their rescue because they are about to have a second session with their pastor or friend, but have failed miserably on the first go-round. Now they want me to give them the ammunition they need to do a slam-dunk on their second attempt to embarrass their pastor or friend. Give it up—that attitude is wrong. Such a carnal exhibition of prideful flesh is akin to someone looking for a street fight merely because he has just acquired a black belt in karate.

HOW TO DEMONSTRATE YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH

I personally know a man who has his little wife working two jobs to support their family so that he can study the Scriptures and enter into doctrinal debates with other Christians at the local Cafe as a perpetual hobby. Notice the admonition of the Apostle Peter:

"Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul; having your conversation [Gk: ‘conduct’] honest [Gk: ‘honorable’] among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may BY YOUR GOOD WORKS, [Not your clever Bible arguments], which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation" (I Pet. 2:11-12).

Your good works and righteous character will pay dividends to others eventually—if not in this life, then in the Judgment.

Kat

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2009, 11:36:47 AM »

Hi Patricia,

There are only a very few called in this age.  God is preparing only this relatively small number of people to serve and rule with Him when He returns.  These Elect are being called out ahead of when the rest on humanity will be save.  Every human being is totally carnal minded and indeed enmity against God at first.

Rom 8:7  Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

It is only a very few who are being prepared now that He is giving His Holy Spirit to so that they have understanding of the truth.

Mat 13:16  But blessed are your eyes, for they see, and your ears, for they hear.
v. 17  Truly, I say to you, many prophets and righteous men longed to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.

As far as your husband goes, surely you can always hope and pray that God will open His eyes too and you are a living example of the way to live before him.  But I do feel if we recieve this miracle of miracles, to be called out in this age, we should strive with all our being to obtain it.  Even though we know it is not merely by our own desire that we receive it, but by His grace and His spirit in us that makes it possible.  Here is how Paul viewed this "high calling."

Php 3:8  Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
v. 9  And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
v. 10  That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
v. 11  If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
v. 12  Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
v. 13  Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
v. 14  I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

At the very least you know your husband will be saved with the rest of humanity.  That should give you great comfort to know that God will save all and that nobody will be lost in the end.

1Tim 4:10  For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 11:42:05 AM by Kat »

Roy Martin

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2009, 10:47:46 AM »

We talk about the blind in the churches and the Pastors that mislead the flock. We would so much like to make them see the truth. Many times it seems as if we are putting them down. We say we just cant believe what they are being taught. How can they be so blind, that sort of thing. We have friends and family that we would love to change according to our will and ways and truth, but its Gods will that things are the way they are. Im sure that the people coming out of Egypt could all see the cloud and Gods miracles and provisions. It would also seem that they talked among themselves with those that rebelled, trying to convince them and remind them of the cloud that was so obvious, but they just could not see, and continued to see only what God wanted them to see and vise verso.
 Its still the same today. Shouldn't we be thanking God for the blind? Since they are an example,isn't it for us to learn from it and not put them down by going on and on about how blind they are. I would love for all to know the truth in this life, but why should I when its Gods will that they be blind? I pray for the blind all the time but does it do me any good? What ever the answer is to that, Im still going to pray for my loved ones that God work in their lives, but on the other hand, He is working in their lives by blinding them as an example to us, and His purpose and plan and will. Few see and know the truth, but many are blinded. We are blessed to see and hear. Shouldn't we also consider it a blessing that so many be blind and not hear? Its all God and His working in all for the good.

Roy

« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 11:21:18 AM by Roy Martin »

Marlene

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2009, 01:30:58 PM »

Roy, yes I agree with all you said. We all were blind. God is a fair judge. He will only correct as he sees is needed to change a person. It is his plan and he will have his plan over mans plan. I too, will pray for my family. But, God is teaching us so if he does choose us . The blind will all be in the care of Jesus and the elect. Its just that we have been taught God cannot handle his children with out doing something physical to them. Its the spirtual he is interested in not our flesh. The elect have to learn how to judge like God. He is not going to have one who judges like man. We will judge with the spirit not beat someone up physically.  But, still to this day Babylon just cannot see God as any different then man. Again, its God's will. Just, imagine all the glory God will receive when he saves humanity.

In His Love,
Marlene

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 19 queries.