bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Debating on the Forum  (Read 16237 times)

mharrell08

Debating on the Forum
« on: May 14, 2009, 09:58:48 AM »

(Originally from Craig)

This is addressed to anyone who wishes to debate topics with others.

Does it ever work?  Have you ever changed someones mind?  Have you had your mind changed?  Debate is an effort in futility.  There is so much more to do with our time, we can study, or more importantly strive to live a life of Christ in us.  If we became that type of example there would be very little to debate.

I'm as bad as anyone, why do we do it?  Is it to show our superior understanding?  Is it because we have our own doubts and want others to agree with us to fulfill our own needs?  I find as I become older the best thing to do is present scripture and Ray's teaching and leave it at that.  That is planting a seed.  Let God make it germinate and provide the nourishment, that is not our job.

How 'bout the forum.  Why do we not allow teaching?  Because it is always open to debate, I say you are wrong and then you want me to prove why you are wrong and so it goes.  It is all very tiresome.  We are brought here by the scriptures and the knowledge conveyed to Ray, we should mostly be in agreement, if you disagree only Ray can or should  defend his writings.  When the time comes when Ray can no longer answer for himself perhaps God will show the way, but maybe not, it is all of Him.  If I took a tenth of the knowledge I've learned here and let its message live in me, it would take all of my lifetime to even begin.  Why do we rush things so much, why can't we be content to let God's knowledge seep into us.  Remember it took Paul many years to begin his ministry.  Many years of learning but more importantly many years of dieing to self.

A member recently stated "but what will guarantee to bring in new donations other then new Inspired topics"  Whaaaat?  This ministry has never been about money, God has controlled where it is and where it will go.  Nobody had ever taken a nickel of salary for their time or commitment, not even Ray. It runs on a shoestring and yet here you are, remember God is in charge, not your money.  If new "Inspired topics" is what is needed to keep the ministry afloat, then I say let'r sink.  I have never yet found topics from any other teachers that has brought the peace or spirit of truth found in Ray's writings.  I find many interesting topics but none gives me the settled feeling I get with Ray's writings.  I am not saying there are not other inspired teachers, if there are then God will lead me to them if it is His will, and the peace of spirit will be there if it is true.

Craig
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 08:48:09 AM by Dennis Vogel »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.