bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: e-sword?  (Read 6806 times)

meee

e-sword?
« on: May 14, 2009, 06:14:05 PM »

Well, I done did it and did it good!
                 I downloaded the e-sword 9. Sure shouldn't have done that!
                 The Concordant is for versions 8 and lower, so I uninstalled e-sword.
                 Does anyone have a download for version 8 I can download again. I've been searching and can't find one that works. ???
                 Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!       Boy ,what a dummy I am!
                        meee dumb :-[  :'(  :(

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: e-sword?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 11:49:07 AM »

Hello Meee,

Not sure whether this will work for you, but here is what I found on Google search engine.

http://wareseeker.com/Home-Education/e-sword-7.9.8.zip/427474

I also checked e-sword.net and they apparently have only the latest version.

I'm sure that thousands of people have the older versions and could send it to you.
Maybe even the BT forum if they have not up dated the version available.

Bob

meee

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 12:22:42 PM »

Good morning Bob,

I just tried the url, and it just keeps giving me the run around. Never brings up a thing showing it's loading, so I click again and the same thing happens.
                   I tried the url in the forum info index, but when you click it, it shows you the download for version 9.
                   George is going to send me a link for version 8. Maybe it will work.
                   Thanks so much for trying to help me.   
                            hugs,meee                           

aqrinc

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 02:00:26 PM »

Hi meee,

I have sent it (e-sword 806) for you already, just unzip (unrar)  and run.

george.

meee

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 04:53:10 PM »

It won't do it. Thank you though.
          meee

Nelson

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 05:52:30 AM »

Hi Meee,

I haven't bothered upgrading as I don't want to lose any of my modules. I have version 7.52 and an update to version 8.06 if you're interested. I've only ever updated mine since about version 5. Let me know if you're interested am]nd I can email them to you. If you already have any version from 6 upwards then the update file is all you need.

The files are 16.5 and 5 mb respectively so let me know if you'd like them and I'll gladly send them.

Grace and peace to you

Nelson

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 04:11:52 PM »

I'm in kind of the same boat here.  Went to the e-sword site and downloaded it for my mother's computer (which is the one I'm using for internet too).  It installed fine on this Vista machine, but I am unable to locate the Book/Chapter tabs...makes it pretty useless for just reading or finding scripture you already know where to look.  I've since removed it.

Has anybody else encountered this problem?

I'd be happy to go back a version or two myself.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

meee

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 06:08:26 PM »

I'm in kind of the same boat here.  Went to the e-sword site and downloaded it for my mother's computer (which is the one I'm using for internet too).  It installed fine on this Vista machine, but I am unable to locate the Book/Chapter tabs...makes it pretty useless for just reading or finding scripture you already know where to look.  I've since removed it.

Has anybody else encountered this problem?

I'd be happy to go back a version or two myself.

Oh I am so sorry for you Dave!      I'm no help but have sympathy .  I hope someone can help you.
                       hugs,meee

Beloved

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 07:33:30 PM »

I hate it when they do things like this. I try to make sure to make copies of my topics and Studies into Word just as a backup. When I last updated it threw out my LOF series that I had on Esword s I could read them off line. I ahd even updated the laster chapters...now all gone. I have to figure how to put it back... ::)

I especially hate when they take away great features and add dorky things. I do not want ....my browser ...my email.... my Word processor or Esword to ever change ....I am staisfied the way things are....they work. I just got a Vista laptop and I am dreading the change of getting things set up on it..

I do have Esword v 8.06 saved on my computer and I really appreciate knowing about this right now.,

beloved

hummer

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009, 09:54:05 AM »

Good Morning Dave,

If I understand your question correctly, the instructions state to push key F2.
Hope this helps.

Skip

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2009, 04:33:39 PM »

It did help.  Thanks, Skip.  To paraphrase Ray...read ALL the instructions.   ;)

Now to find the CLV that works with v9.x
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

meee

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2009, 08:56:07 PM »

It did help.  Thanks, Skip.  To paraphrase Ray...read ALL the instructions.   ;)

Now to find the CLV that works with v9.x

Dave if you do please tell me and also am looking for the Rotherham's. That's wonderful that Skip could help you.
                                  meee
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.