bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer Request  (Read 3501 times)

Marlene

Prayer Request
« on: May 16, 2009, 03:58:39 AM »

Thursday, my Mother had an appointment in what use to be her home town. My Brother lives there now. I use to use a certain kind of insulin needle so I had some and we decided to visit him and give them to him since he uses that kind.

Well, we were visting and he started preaching to us. My husband was with us. My Brother knew we had left our church because of the Minister telling the church he did not know what anyone gave. He lied. Then he took the very dollar amount we gave and preached that if you did not tithe your 10 percent he might kill you. So, my Brother asked me if we were going to church anywhere. I told him no. Then he began to boast of how many souls he led to Christ. Then, he accused me of not forgiving that minister. Well, my Mother got upset she is 88.  She told him that I have forgiven him. He said, well then you need to get back in a church. I told him that I was not going to go back into church. He started telling me you need to get back in there and pray and sing praises and tithe or I was going to the White Throne Judgement and he wanted me in Heaven with the rest of the family. Then, he began to hollar and swing his arms telling me I was not going to be in the same part as the ones who obey. He told me since, I do believe in God and he will punish me he will forgive me but I would loose having all the others have. I said, well if God wants me in the White Throne Judgement its up to him. I said, I can't choose  where I will go. Then He was really hot. We decided to get up to leave and he got in my face and told me to get ouf of his house. He said you started this fight get out. He lied two times in there to my mom about something. She was mad about that . But, she never told him. He had his Bibles out when we got there. He started to talk  that people at the church thought he should have been a pastor. It was a nightmare of a day.

I told him that I pray in my closet and that I repent and that , my heart sings alone with God. He told me I was going to be punished
because I do not go to church and pray and sing and tithe and he did not want to hear that cause that is not what was needed.

Well, I have to say my Mother was so upset I really am concerned about her. Would you all please pray for her. I am dealing with it fine now. My concern was her. My Husband was quite.  She is still not feeling well. But, she is really hurt how he treated me when I did nothing.

I was kind of hurt and crying  alone with God and then God during the middle of last night gave me some peace. I realized I did nothing wrong. I never raised my voice and we left. He was the one like a lion.

If, there was ever a doubt that I am in the wrong place. There is none now.

God led me to these scriptures
John 15  verse 20 Remember, the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will have also
presecute you. ;if they have kept my saying they will keep yours also.
verse 21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake,because they know not him that sent me.

I did not defend myself. He told me I started that fight  and I never said different. We all walked out quitely.  My Husband is already interested in reading some of Ray's articles. He hates to read. My Mother, has never believed in Hell or Trinity. Thank God they stand by me.

He cannot even see how upset he made his own Mother. All she wants to do is talk about it. She has been ill all day. I just ask for my Brothers and Sisters to pray for her. It pains me for her. I am fine. God has assured me all is well . I just prayed and told God I love him and forgive him.

In His Love,
Marlene

Nelson

Re: Prayer Request
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 08:02:45 AM »

Hi Marlene,

Always remember that Christ has all authority in heaven and on earth and that our days are ordered by the Lord,

• "And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth." (Mt 28:18)

• "The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way." (Ps 37:23)

• "Show me a sign for good, that those who hate me may see it and be ashamed, because You, LORD, have helped me and comforted me." (Ps 86:17)[/i]

Our circumstances are all part of the Lord's way of decreasing US and increasing HIM, til Christ is formed in us,

• "He must increase, but I must decrease" (Jo 3:30)

• "My little children, for whom I labor in birth again until Christ is formed in you" (Gal 4:19)

Oh that we may have eyes to see the Lord at work in us that the life of the Lord Jesus Christ might be mainifest in us,

• "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren." (Rom 8:28, 29)

Your mother is in His mighty hand and nothing will happen that is not of God, take comfort in your tribulations, the Lord is working in you.

Grace and peace to you and yours

Nelson

meee

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 10:43:45 AM »

Good morning Marlene,
                   I'll be praying for your Mother, also your brother.
                   Nelson said it well.
                   You are in His arms of love .  Prayers for you too dear one.

Hug & prayers,
                       meee

Your mother is in His mighty hand and nothing will happen that is not of God, take comfort in your tribulations, the Lord is working in you.

Grace and peace to you and yours

Nelson
[/quote]

Marlene

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 05:44:15 PM »

Thanks, Nelson and Mee. I have been talking to Mom and showing her that my Brother is blind just like I was. I actually love him and see this is a part of my growth in Christ. I never debated with him. He was mad because we were not going to church. He does not understand. That, is how I view it. I have always been protective of those I love. She is in pain because I am the child that always protected her. My sister has too, but often needed the protection herself. My Mom is a strong lady. She is doing some better. I am strong because of God.

I did nothing and said nothing to hurt him. So, God has assured me I have nothing to repent of. This is making me stronger. I see that even those we love the most can hurt us. But, just forgiving and letting it go is the best way. I know, my Brother is a Proud man and do not expect him to ask me to forgiv e the way he acted. He blames me and that is ok. The Spirit in me showed me I did nothing. So, I will never treat him any different. But, I will not walk back into the lions den either. I hope he thinks about what he did. But, if not so be it. We never have seen alot of him. He is 14 years older then I. But, I have tried to always be kind. He got mad before and never talked to my family for years. He even passed my Mother walking home in the rain one time.

Its a long story, but when ever he came back my family always just let it go as if nothing happened.

I am not in here to beat anyone to believe in what I believe and what I know to be the truth.  He however, believes you have to win souls. He thinks he has to do Gods job. He thinks I am not obeying God and doing the work. God is training me and I do not my own work. I judge no one but myself. It just made me confident that God is changine me, when I had no anger in me , but only sadness for all invovled. I just want to run the race. I see improvements in me since finding Ray's website. I have compassion on sinners and I am one of them. God is teaching me to show mercy on those who hurt me. That, at one time had never been one of my strong points.

I just want to thank you again. She is my main concern now. I was afraid as ill as she got something bad was going to happen. I am just thankful to have my Brothers and Sisters in Christ. Trials come in various way for sure. God, is able to help us endure.

In His Love,
Marlene

meee

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 06:06:52 PM »

Hello Marlene,
         For sure, those we love can hurt us or cause more sadness than other people.  I always look at these times as it is satan doing it, using your brother, and he is blind to that too.  Of course it is all of God, doing a work, to grow you.
         As Jesus said," Father forgive them, they Know what they do."      Maybe one day God was show your brother, we'll pray for that day.
         I'll continue in prayer for your Mom , you and your brother.
         luvya,meee

aqrinc

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 08:35:56 PM »

Hi Marlene,

These Scriptures, should provide you all the comfort and assurance you need. There is a lot more in this chapter, but these verses answer all the railing from those still blind and deaf. Remember this; but for GOD'S Grace your positions could be reversed. So when you cry, let it be because you now know that all of them will see and hear just like you, in GOD'S Appointed Time.

Mat 10: 29-42 (GNB)
29  For only a penny you can buy two sparrows, yet not one sparrow falls to the ground without your Father's consent.
30  As for you, even the hairs of your head have all been counted.
31  So do not be afraid; you are worth much more than many sparrows!
32  "Those who declare publicly that they belong to me, I will do the same for them before my Father in heaven.
33  But those who reject me publicly, I will reject before my Father in heaven.
34  "Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the world. No, I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.
35  I came to set sons against their fathers, daughters against their mothers, daughters-in-law against their mothers-in-law;
36  your worst enemies will be the members of your own family.
37  "Those who love their father or mother more than me are not fit to be my disciples; those who love their son or daughter more than me are not fit to be my disciples.
38  Those who do not take up their cross and follow in my steps are not fit to be my disciples.
39  Those who try to gain their own life will lose it; but those who lose their life for my sake will gain it.
40  "Whoever welcomes you welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me.
41  Whoever welcomes God's messenger because he is God's messenger, will share in his reward. And whoever welcomes a good man because he is good, will share in his reward.
42  You can be sure that whoever gives even a drink of cold water to one of the least of these my followers because he is my follower, will certainly receive a reward

george :).

Marlene

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 10:36:54 PM »

Thanks George for the scriptures. I will mark those in my Bible . These will help me whenever I face battles like  this. Knowing, that all will know the truth some day is worth any hardship I may have to battle. I will just keep praying for him. I am so Blessed that God brought me in here. Someday all will be worked out and we will all be together. I know it is all of Gods Grace.

In His Love,
Marlene
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.