bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Prayer Answered  (Read 5973 times)

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
A Prayer Answered
« on: May 18, 2009, 05:18:03 PM »

If we all could be this benevolent.

Last week, when I took my children to a restaurant, my six-year-old son asked if he could say grace.

As we bowed our heads he said, 'God is great, God is good. Thank you for the food, and I would even thank you more if Mom gets us ice cream for dessert. And Liberty and Justice for all! Amen!'

Along with the laughter from the other customers nearby, I heard a woman remark, 'That's what's wrong with this country. Kids today don't even know how to pray. Asking God for ice cream! Why, I never!'

Hearing this, my son burst into tears and asked me, 'Did I do it wrong? Is God mad at me?'

As I held him and assured him that he had done a terrific job, and God was certainly not mad at him,
an elderly gentleman approached the table. He winked at my son and said, 'I happen to know that God
thought that was a great prayer.'

'Really?' my son asked.

'Cross my heart,' the man replied. Then, in a theatrical whisper, he added (indicating the woman whose
remark had started this whole thing), 'Too bad she never asks God for ice cream. A little ice cream is good for the soul sometimes.'

Naturally, I bought my kids ice cream at the end of the meal. My son stared at his for a moment, and then did something I will remember the rest of my life.

He picked up his sundae and, without a word, walked over and placed it in front of the woman. With a big smile he told her, 'Here, this is for you. Ice cream is good for the soul sometimes; and my soul is good already.

...found on a different board

musicman

Re: A Prayer Answered
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 06:43:25 PM »

I thought that the kid was going to scoop the ice cream out on to the lady's head and say, "chil, granny!!"

Fester

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Yes a pancake!
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 11:19:44 PM »

Glurge !
"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

jassy

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 01:31:08 PM »

Glurge !

ok, I give up, this is your 3rd post with Glurge in it.  What is that pray tell or is it a keyboard problem and you are trying to send a coded message for help?

meee

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 02:29:16 PM »

Glurge !

ok, I give up, this is your 3rd post with Glurge in it.  What is that pray tell or is it a keyboard problem and you are trying to send a coded message for help?

Yea, what's up with that?  ;)

Marky Mark

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 02:32:52 PM »

Glurge !

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/glurge

Imitative of the retching that might be induced by stories of this kind. (Coined by Patricia Chapin, a member of the urban legends discussion mailing list of the Snopes.

Peace...Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.