bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: re Jame's epistle  (Read 4050 times)

chav

re Jame's epistle
« on: May 19, 2009, 03:29:14 PM »

Hi
I have been reading some posts on another site, which seem to suggest (in their view) that the epistle of James is not inspired and shouldn't be included in the scriptures.I don't believe it for a minute, but I am curious to know as to how  some come to this conclusion.Has anyone heard of this ?
thanks
Dave

aqrinc

Re: re Jame's epistle
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 11:53:26 PM »

Hi Dave,

Read this paper from Ray: http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,9742.0.html

Do James And Paul Contradict?. . . . . . Biblestudy July 2007

[If so which one is right or is both of them right?]

Today’s study is a study I thought of giving numerous times through the years.  Why I didn’t I don’t know.  I guess in some ways I thought well I don’t know if that’s interesting enough to people or whatever my reasons were.  Then I got to thinking about it this week when I received two emails.  This is God’s way of timing things,  He wanted me to give this today.  I’ve received emails in the pass on this same thing, but this week I received two emails.  One was very short, just a couple of little short paragraphs and the subject was, ‘Was Paul the first heretic?’ 

The other email was from a fellow that wrote pages and I didn’t even deem to answer him.  He wrote pages of material, it was a young man from Texas.  He said, ‘oh how I like your site and I’m learning... it’s terrific… it’s wonderful….  But come on Ray (he used terms like that, ‘come on Ray.’) you know Paul was a heretic.  You know that he was no good… You know that don’t you Ray, surely you can see that.’ 

He just went on for pages like that.  I didn’t even deem to answer the guy.  But I got to thinking about it and this is a really very important subject and I need to cover it.

Do James and Paul in their basic theology contradict each other?  Have you ever heard that controversy?  Two thousand years they have been debating this.  Most of them siding with Paul and putting James in the category as heretic. 

Remember we are talking James the brother of Christ.  James who in Acts 15 at the Jerusalem conference, when Paul and Barnabas and those came to meet with everyone.  I mean everybody was there, all the believing Pharisees that was converted and all of the elders, the Apostles and the chief people and the whole congregation.  They were all there and James was there.  Who gave the final summation of what was to be done with what was discussed at that conference?  Who gave the final summation?  James.

Yet, Martin Luther who started ‘the’ Reformation, he is attributed to others too, but this was the primary one, what they called The Protestant Reformation.  He calls James "an Epistle of straw" and the main reason being that James emphasizes ‘works,’ good works.  Dr. Martin Luther, of course was by "faith ALONE." 

george. :)

chav

Re: re Jame's epistle
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 03:56:46 AM »

Hi

Thanks for the info

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.