bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
 on: October 04, 2021, 10:44:23 AM 
Started by ZekeSr - Last post by indianabob
Hi Ralph,
Just my own view.
All is of God, even the things that seem "natural" that we take for granted in our daily lives.
A system of human reproduction, sperm and egg, seems natural in a sense, but the new life that is generated is determined by God.
In similar manner a seed of a plant once planted is dead and needs to be resurrected by God's power.
In other words, if God had not and is not willing it to happen it would not happen.
God created and God sustains all. God is IN everything.

Please explore this idea a little more if any are interested.
Thanks, Bob

I would respectfully disagree with the video in that it attributes the destruction to a meteor rather than the power of God to rain down fire at His word. They still want to make it a "natural" event or coincidence rather than one directed by Almighty God. Of course we know better.

How does a tree grow when you plant a seed?  Does God directly intervene to make it grow or is all the information already present within the seed so that it grows naturally when certain conditions are met?  Just because something happens naturally does not mean the power of God isn't present. 

It's just another interesting possibility. While we must always depend on faith, I find it quite fascinating that science keeps finding additional evidence that the historical accounts within the Holy Scriptures are more likely to be accurate than fable.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/meteor-destroyed-ancient-city-likely-inspired-bible-tale-of-sodom-study-finds/

Mike

on: October 03, 2021, 11:36:30 PM 
Started by Wendy - Last post by Dave in Tenn
I like that analogy.  From the bible, Moses was a fugitive working for his father-in-law herding sheep until the Lord made him a shepherd of an even more stubborn two-legged variety.  We didn't put ourselves on the Potter's wheel and we can't remove ourselves from it either.  Life is full of "consequences" we did not intend.

on: October 03, 2021, 11:18:33 PM 
Started by Wendy - Last post by Wendy
Thanks for answering  yes i saw the movie karate kid all of them.i see what your saying and it makes sense.
God definitely works wonders on us even when we don't see it .
God bless

on: October 03, 2021, 10:27:07 PM 
Started by ZekeSr - Last post by AwesomeSavior
Here is another biblical archaeological video, not regarding S & G, but the location of Mt. Sinai in Arabia as mentioned by Paul in Galatians 4:25. The video is produced by babylonians, but there is no teaching, just interesting archaeology discoveries of that time period:

https://youtu.be/n_VQ7rG638w

on: October 03, 2021, 09:25:58 PM 
Started by ZekeSr - Last post by ralph
I would respectfully disagree with the video in that it attributes the destruction to a meteor rather than the power of God to rain down fire at His word. They still want to make it a "natural" event or coincidence rather than one directed by Almighty God. Of course we know better.

How does a tree grow when you plant a seed?  Does God directly intervene to make it grow or is all the information already present within the seed so that it grows naturally when certain conditions are met?  Just because something happens naturally does not mean the power of God isn't present. 

It's just another interesting possibility. While we must always depend on faith, I find it quite fascinating that science keeps finding additional evidence that the historical accounts within the Holy Scriptures are more likely to be accurate than fable.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/meteor-destroyed-ancient-city-likely-inspired-bible-tale-of-sodom-study-finds/

Mike

on: October 03, 2021, 07:10:07 PM 
Started by Wendy - Last post by ralph
Yes I have felt that way!  I know exactly how you are feeling.  That is where faith comes in.  We have to have faith that everything we are experiencing in this life is for good reason.  It makes me think of a scene from the movie Karate Kid.  If you haven't seen it,  in this movie, Daniel (the student) is being trained by a master (Mr. Miyagi) in karate.  Mr. Miyagi makes Daniel paint fences, houses, sand decks, wash and wax cars, nothing but tedious hard labor until Daniel loses it and lashes out at Mr. Miyagi because he feels he isn't learning anything that he isn't going anywhere.  Then Mr. Miyagi throws a bunch of punches and kicks at Daniel and he blocks them all using the various moves he learned while doing all that labor.  It's difficult to explain.  The videos does a much better job.

on: October 03, 2021, 06:51:58 PM 
Started by Wendy - Last post by ralph
This is an interesting topic for discussion.   I am thinking spiritually here.  What does it mean spiritually to be bound in chains and darkness until judgement? Perhaps it means to be a slave to sin?  Slave to the carnal mind and unrighteousness? Most of humanity is bound in chains and darkness reserved for judgement like the angels.   

2Pe 3:7 But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

When are we truly free? 

Jhn 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

Jhn 8:36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Act 13:39 Through him everyone who believes is set free from every sin, a justification you were not able to obtain under the law of Moses.

Rom 6:7 because anyone who has died has been set free from sin.

Rom 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Rom 8:2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.

on: October 02, 2021, 11:05:58 AM 
Started by Dennis Vogel - Last post by AwesomeSavior
Always a good idea to prepare.

Only at the precipice will some people find the strength to change.

Precipice - moment of destruction.

Glory to God.

on: October 02, 2021, 10:40:21 AM 
Started by Dennis Vogel - Last post by arion
The supply chains are broken and things are not going to be getting any cheaper even if available.  Going to get pretty bumpy from here on out.

on: October 01, 2021, 09:33:47 PM 
Started by Dennis Vogel - Last post by indianabob
Good advice...have already begun.
If you can perhaps add a little more for neighbors who may ask for help.
Just don't boast about being prepared, it may cause more problems than help.
Use wisdom... ;)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 15 queries.