bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10
 on: July 02, 2022, 11:34:30 AM 
Started by lareli - Last post by Porter
Well, it feels a little personal.

When I wrote that response to you, I was thinking about the parables of Jesus being quoted (in this thread), that had absolutely nothing to do with the topic. I, personally, do not mind if you or anyone wants to vent because they are afraid of their children being negatively affected by the world. However, the Spirit warns not to follow those claiming Christ is here or there, otherwise, one of us ďlittle onesĒ might stumble and sin.

As for myself, I hate the thought of my children experiencing evil, and I often wish there was some other way. Nevertheless, I know it's the best way. That doesn't mean I don't try to protect them from getting hurt. What can I do for them spiritually? That's a sincere question.

on: July 02, 2022, 08:30:28 AM 
Started by lareli - Last post by Dave in Tenn
What I was wrestling with is how to confess Him before men in these times.

The law came by/through Moses.  Grace came by/through Jesus Christ.  I reckon "confessing Him" involves honoring and obeying what He said.  Following Him in His teaching and example.   Leave the rest to the lawyers and judges.  Their job is to confess Moses.

For the record, grace itself came with Jesus, not some theological concept called "grace".   

on: July 01, 2022, 09:53:13 PM 
Started by lareli - Last post by Dennis Vogel
What I was wrestling with is how to confess Him before men in these times.

1Pe 3:15 
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

on: July 01, 2022, 08:44:01 PM 
Started by lareli - Last post by octoberose
Well, it feels a little personal.
  The world now feels like a dark oppressive hole.  I get what youíre saying- what a time to be alive - Iíve thought that. But, I have grandchildren and this is a sad scary world to leave them with.  Some will have faith, and some not. It makes me sad.
  I donít want to speak Against the sinners of the world- I donít feel much difference between me and them.  I feel like God gave me an insight into His work and plan, and a desire to please Him and not live apart from Him. The difference is I donít reveal in the sin. 
 Iím not Ray, and I owe him a lot, but I actually donít agree with everything he taught but thatís ok. His life ended and weíre still here trying to find a way to understand.  If he was alive God would probably further enlighten him. Iím not starting a website or working for  a political campaign.  But I might look into a crisis pregnancy center. I might let people know I have room at my house for a girl who needs a home while sheís pregnant. My husband and I starting talking about that given the Roe ruling.
My thought when I wrote what I did was Jesus saying in Matthew 10, everyone who confesses Me before men, I will confess him Before My Father in heaven.  What I was wrestling with is how to confess Him before men in these times.  If you think thatís not necessary I donít think Iím in that same place.  If you have more to say about that I donít mind listening.

on: July 01, 2022, 02:06:14 PM 
Started by lareli - Last post by Porter

Loving those in a world that is so so Lost is bewildering.

Is it really THAT bewildering, though? Let's clear it up then.

Why does Jesus come to save that which is lost? Because, the lost that Jesus came to save, know they are lost. It's like the parable of the two sons.

Mat 21:28  But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard.
Mat 21:29  He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.
Mat 21:30  And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not.
Mat 21:31  Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.
Mat 21:32  For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him.

The many called do not repent because they do not know they are lost. A few do know they are lost, and they do repent. That is why Jesus easily loves and saves them first. They that be whole need not a physician, and not everyone is lost.

You want to speak out against the sinners of the world, go for it, you do you. Maybe you've been called to teach like your husband or even Ray. However, they both studied and trained extensively to be qualified to teach, so they wouldn't cause some little one to stumble. Hence, why perhaps not everyone should be a teacher.

I've learned many good things here at bible truths from Ray and the members of the forum. I think it's good to share with each other what we've learned, and also to share each other's burdens. If something in the world is getting you down, or tribulation is affecting your faith, what better place than this forum to express that? We just need to remind each other what we have learned, to comfort and strengthen one another.

You know, guys and gals, if we repent now, we will have a chance at saving the godless world later. They will know God like we are getting to know God.

I wonder if Jesus is as excited at saving us as I am at helping Him save the world. People say it's getting dark out there, so be it, but hot dog if this isn't the most incredible time to be alive! It's like seeing Jesus in the flesh, like the Apostles did, but better! Those that have not seen truly are blessed!

Please don't take this personal octoberose, I saw your comment about the lost and couldn't help but to share how I see the lost from Jesus' perspective. I hope you see it too.

on: July 01, 2022, 01:37:34 AM 
Started by lareli - Last post by octoberose
priDEMONth

They want us to feel pride for what is shameful.  Thatís what this is. Loving those in a world that is so so Lost is bewildering.  Speaking the Truth in Love is what we have to do, but that requires that we Speak Truth and not be afraid of it.  If we/ I deny Christ we are denying what He has taught us. It seems to me we canít be His and not speak out. Some will be called to just love their neighbor, some to teach their neighbor, some to speak out in a public way and some in a private way.  Iím still figuring this out in my own life.  My husband teaches college courses, and he does not compromise  what is True .  He says thinks like, ď have you considered thisÖ..Ē   and tries to make people think.

on: July 01, 2022, 12:52:35 AM 
Started by AwesomeSavior - Last post by octoberose
 Now we work to be a soft place to fall for girls who are scared and carrying a child they canít care for, we pray for women who are angry at being told they have to live with the consequences of their actions, for a hedonistic society whose god is pleasure. A couple of my ĎFacebook friends Ď have already expressed their displeasure at this ruling.  I hardly know what to say to them.

on: June 29, 2022, 08:54:45 PM 
Started by Anjel Uriel - Last post by indianabob
Hi Anjel,

Dreams are natural for we humans and we should enjoy them.
Some dreams come from what we view during our waking moments.
Just feed the good ones and do not feed the evil.
Bob
= =
Anonymous;

Our Lord pointed out lilies to some folks on a mountain one day and said, ďCheck those out, people. Do any of those flowers look stressed to you? Do you see circles under their eyes? Are they on their third pot of coffee? Are they fuming in traffic? Cussing their brains out? And yet see how beautiful they are. See how they sway in the breeze. Itís not that they donít give a crap; itís that they trust their Maker.Ē   

Then the people said, ďWhat about it, Jesus?Ē And Jesus said, ďBe that way!

ĒThis is my paraphrase of Matthew 6:28-30. The key verse of the surrounding contest is verse 25:ďTherefore I am saying to you, Do not worry about your soul, what you may be eating, or what you may be drinking, nor yet about your body, what you should be putting on. Is not the soul more than nourishment, and the body than apparel?Ē

Work. Buy jeans. Buy coffee and bread. Buy eggs and paper towels. Buy cheap shoesóor expensive ones. Buy a nice car; buy a clunker. Live within your means. Make more means, or make lessówhatever you feel. Wear makeup; donít. Eat in, or out. Make sure of one thing:

Hold it all loosely. Feel your hands go limp. There. Relax your knuckles. Feel that? Do it frequently; it is the opposite of grasping. Take a breath. Feel life? Thatís God. Itís all you need, really. Now get dressed. Walk, donít run. Let time dribble. Youíre in a field. Consider the lilies.  

on: June 29, 2022, 03:36:54 PM 
Started by Anjel Uriel - Last post by Anjel Uriel
Hello brethren, I just wanted to write that God has been doing something cool with me for a while now since I discovered The Truth. Now for context, I have really wild and vivid dreams. These can vary from very realistic to totally abstract insanity.

One night Iíll be dreaming about going to the mall and speaking with someone and the next night Iím riding on top of a 50 feet long, flying worm while surfing a rainbow. Really weird stuff.

Lately, since Iíve learned The Truth, Christ has been overcoming my lust. I still fall and stumble but God has never forsaken me and has always stayed by my side to pick me up with the strength of His Mighty hand and carry me in His Righteous Arms. Just like a Father takes care of His newborn.

Iíve noticed that I have received temptations to commit immorality in my dreams. However, the cool thing is God is present even when Iím sleeping. Iíll get tempted and one or several of different scenarios will happen.

1: Iíll have someone tempt me and Iíll reply or think ďNo thatís sin, I wonít do thatĒ.

2: Iíll forget or go with the flow (Iím not normally aware that Iím dreaming) and no matter what I do, I canít commit the sinful act. Like, literally the structure of the building Iím in will change so no matter what I try I canít commit the act.

3: Iíll wake up as soon as Iím tempted.

Sometimes the 3 scenarios will mix like Iíll refuse to sin and then wake up.

Honestly, Heís always been present in my sleep even before discovering The Truth but now that Heís dragging me. I just found it cool that God is always there protecting and guiding me even when Iím unconscious. Reminds me of what David wrote in Psalm 139.

ďIf I ascend to heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are thereĒ.
Psalm 139:8.

God Bless you all and hope youíre doing well. Your Brother in Christ, Anjel Uriel.

on: June 29, 2022, 12:39:13 PM 
Started by Wendy - Last post by Wendy
Thanks Rhys and Octoberose

Thanks for Bible verse God bless everyone for there prayers
God bless
Wendy

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.