bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
 on: August 11, 2021, 05:08:13 PM 
Started by Rhys 🕊 - Last post by arion
Hang in their Rhys.  As I tell myself daily, even several times a day if necessary;

If there was a better way to do it God would do it that way.

He has proved himself and his provision to me so many ways and so many times it help paves the way through the muck and mire of daily circumstances.

on: August 10, 2021, 09:24:35 AM 
Started by Rhys 🕊 - Last post by Dennis Vogel
I've watched this several times:  "Getting Saved - Hardest Thing You Will Ever Do!"  https://youtu.be/nyw60TBhQJo

on: August 10, 2021, 09:15:16 AM 
Started by Rhys 🕊 - Last post by Rhys 🕊
Yes is true there are no winners. Thanks for the encouraging words.

Have been feeling for a long time that God has turned His back on me but in recent months that has been changing. I found it difficult to say praise God for anything but in the last few weeks I have been able so praise God for certain things without it being some forced thing so I know God is still working. I have now more focus back on God and seeking His truth. You realise there is no where else to turn if you desire truth.

Rhys

Thanks for the article.  What a tough day that had to have been.  There aren't any "winners" in this whole situation, are there? 

This life isn't the field of victory.  This life may have good and bad times, but it is the race, not the finish line.  None of us can throw him/herself off the Potter's Wheel and declare ourselves finished.  He;s not done with any of us.  Not Sheila, not you and your friends, not this pastor, and not even the judge, the writer of the article, and it's readers.

I posted YouTube video that included quotes from Jordan Peterson about three months ago. It may help Rhys: https://youtu.be/7nJ99uodoXY

Thanks I especially like the bit about creating as been thinking about that a lot lately. It helps me to understand what God is doing. Still of course itís not easy.

Rhys

on: August 10, 2021, 08:55:10 AM 
Started by Rhys 🕊 - Last post by Dennis Vogel

Have been feeling for a long time that God has turned His back on me but in recent months that has been changing. I found it difficult to say praise God for anything but in the last few weeks I have been able so praise God for certain things without it being some forced thing so I know God is still working. I have now more focus back on God and seeking His truth. You realise there is no where else to turn if you desire truth.

Rhys

Thanks for the article.  What a tough day that had to have been.  There aren't any "winners" in this whole situation, are there? 

This life isn't the field of victory.  This life may have good and bad times, but it is the race, not the finish line.  None of us can throw him/herself off the Potter's Wheel and declare ourselves finished.  He;s not done with any of us.  Not Sheila, not you and your friends, not this pastor, and not even the judge, the writer of the article, and it's readers.

I posted YouTube video that included quotes from Jordan Peterson about three months ago. It may help Rhys: https://youtu.be/7nJ99uodoXY

on: August 10, 2021, 12:42:36 AM 
Started by Rhys 🕊 - Last post by Rhys 🕊

Rhys

on: August 09, 2021, 03:08:36 PM 
Started by Dennis Vogel - Last post by Dave in Tenn
Here's a question:

Mat 24:3  And when he is sitting on the mount of the Olives, the disciples came near to him by himself, saying, 'Tell us, when shall these be? and what is the sign of thy presence, and of the full end of the age?'
Mat 24:4  And Jesus answering said to them, 'Take heed that no one may lead you astray,
Mat 24:5  for many shall come in my name, saying, I am the Christ, and they shall lead many astray,
Mat 24:6  and ye shall begin to hear of wars, and reports of wars; see, be not troubled, for it behoveth all these to come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Mat 24:7  'For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places;
Mat 24:8  and all these are the beginning of sorrows;
Mat 24:9  then they shall deliver you up to tribulation, and shall kill you, and ye shall be hated by all the nations because of my name;
Mat 24:10  and then shall many be stumbled, and they shall deliver up one another, and shall hate one another.
Mat 24:11  'And many false prophets shall arise, and shall lead many astray;
Mat 24:12  and because of the abounding of the lawlessness, the love of the many shall become cold;
Mat 24:13  but he who did endure to the end, he shall be saved;
Mat 24:14  and this good news of the reign shall be proclaimed in all the world, for a testimony to all the nations; and then shall the end arrive.

Jesus told His disciples what was coming.  What part of this prophecy is exclusive to your life and this age?

Don't let yourself become listed with the origins of Jehovah's Witnesses, Harold Camping, or any of the "137" authors to be found at the bible-book store.

on: August 09, 2021, 02:56:50 PM 
Started by Dennis Vogel - Last post by Dave in Tenn
Great video, Dennis.  Maybe a few are "able to bear it now."

on: August 09, 2021, 01:55:24 PM 
Started by Rhys 🕊 - Last post by Dave in Tenn

on: August 09, 2021, 12:42:15 PM 
Started by lareli - Last post by lareli

Is anyone familiar with Orwell? 1984? What about Aldous Huxley Brave New World?

I've read 1984 twice and I've read Animal Farm. I started Brave New World, but have yet to finish it.
My wife just finished 1984 and she found parts of it somewhat prophetically disturbing in light of the way things are progressing in today's world.

Orwell and Huxley definitely had the ability to look at the unfortunate possibilities concerning the baser trends of human nature and science.
Mike

Iíd seen the movie and my son read the book a couple years ago. So back in March last year when we first went on lockdown, I thought about 1984 again, and my son read the book again and then we watched the movie together.. recognizing early on what trajectory we were on. Itís been like watching parts of the book unfold piece by piece ever since.

Itís made me wonder, what exactly is a prophet.. what does it mean to hear from God.. is it always an audible voice? If not then what is it then. Is it thoughts. If Orwell was able to see the direction that society was going then it wasnít by his own power. Nothing we are able to know is ever of our own power. If God caused him to accurately see into the future and warn of where we were going when the many were blind to that insight, is that what a prophet is?

on: August 09, 2021, 10:39:42 AM 
Started by Dennis Vogel - Last post by Dennis Vogel
This topic is about the Hour. New video on YouTube on this topic: https://youtu.be/meKUqdEGYiQ

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 15 queries.